Barca

I play Portugal all the way while online and I became so pissed off at all the Barcelona users that now no Barcelona user will ever play me again. Gotta love my modem.

Hey,

Seems to me (and others in these forums) that the game is skewed toward attackers this time around. This means attack orientated teams, Barca or Man Red for example, have a huge upper hand. Even old hands at the game struggle with defending against the top striker, simply because of the stats and game mechanics. NOT because of the abilities of the human players controlling the teams. You can have superb positional sense when defending but Henry or C Ronaldo can just burn past any defender, without much effort or skill on the part of the human player.
In previous games defensive minded teams were on top. To summarise; PES 5 my team was A.C and my typical result was 2-1 or 1-0. Now I come up against Barca all the time and have results like 7-6 and 5-4 when I play as Argentina.

P.S tell me some decent 2nd tier teams to play online with. I tried Athletico Madrid but they couldn't hack it. Any advice appreciated.

Last edited:
i usually prefer winning against my buddys using mid-level or low-level teams. teams like newcastle, athletico m. or the rangers.

yeah, agree. I mean, once you get used to one of those teams you mentioned, you'll be able to defeat also people with stronger teams.
I played a lot against my friends, we used to pick a team per league and use it in every "official" tournament we made, being free to choose any other team for quick friendlies. In PES5 I quite always picked Treviso, in PES6 Fiorentina (seldom did I choose Cagliari or Torino in the friendlies).

It happened that I got defeated by people using Inter or Chelsea (I remember a Torino-Chelsea 1-3 with 3 goals from way out scored by Chelsea) but it doesn't matter in the end because when you with Fiorentina trash people using AC Milan, it is a unique feeling, and you can only feel it by using mid-level teams.

Do I need to say what is the team I use most in PES2008? :D

wish there was the option, a la FIFA, for classic teams. Fiorentina 1995. Rui Costa, Brian Laudrup and Gabriel Batistuta. Now that could rival Barcelona anyday.

i have an account with derbycounty..is very fun when i win barca,brasil or inter..some gay has 816 of rating and i win with derby..he losse 30 points and i win 17..so its fun,but its very hard to play against this teams...

wish there was the option, a la FIFA, for classic teams. Fiorentina 1995. Rui Costa, Brian Laudrup and Gabriel Batistuta. Now that could rival Barcelona anyday.

Or AC Milan, with Guulit, Van Basten and Rijkard.
Now that would be a good micture! :8)::applause:

I think just haCK the legs of ronaldino and the team stop funct good cos thats all i do and i beat them with 10 men switch formation too 3~3~3 side attack and hey presto 3~1 to liverpool

try it
AMO the DON

Back
Top Bottom