Barca

bullseye

Molineux_Wolves
18 November 2006
Kabul
Okay, Barca seem to be the only team that i genuienly struggle against this year.

Henry, Ronaldhino and Eto up front is what most go with and man this can be tricky.
They seem a lot harder to tackle then other superstars like Rooney and Sheva, and the pace of them (with and without the ball) is far superior to any other team.

Last year it was the ludicrous shooting ability and 'Hulk' like strength of Adriano that made Inter the 'favourite'.

Now the pendulum appears to have swung across to Catalonia.

Why do Konami have to keep doing this? It makes online play very tedious.

Rant over!

Ive used two ways to counter this. My first was to change my teams formation by just simply putting my CM's just in front and inbetween my wibgbacks and cb's. This helped me counter messi and co running riot on my wings and then as soon as i win the ball back i get it wide myself and counter. It works for me but its not full proof. The other thing is simpler. When they choose barca........you chose barca. i played a guy barca vs barca just to take the piss. won 2 games with relative comfort and then decided to go all out in the third game and kick his ass. This at least makes the teams fair. Although i dont really like playing as barca as chosing the best team to use online is just pathetic, i don't mind someone who choses them on a one off but when you check the profile and a dude plays with them all the time!.....sad sad sad.

PSN- just1moreperson

check my profile i change my teams each game.

You have to counterplay with barca. Play with 2 strikers and keep them in front lines. When your defence gets the ball play long balls too the wings.
Barca is a real pain in the arse, especially when the prick who chooses them only tries to sprint through your defence. I get a lot of goals against me because some barca player runs literaly through my players body! But ive managed to win a lot of matches against barca players while i was Feyenoord or other smaller teams! Just keep you distance while defending and counter a lot!

I had good result with AS Roma against Barca I dont really know why yet lol.

But definitely like taht team when the opponent choose Barca.

I use to play with Juventus when playing against Barça. By now I have win 7 matches and I have lose only 2 matches. Obviously playing counterattack all the time.

The worst is although by now the balance is possitive for me, is boring playing always against Barça and having to counterattack a lot.

Very annoyng that almost everyone chooses barça. I think Manchester United, Chelsea and Inter are good choice, because these teams have players wich body balance is very good. Ferdinand, Vidic, Ballack, Terry, Materazzi, Samuel. You just can´t allow Etoo or Henry to run past your defenders. Go back with your defender and wait for them, then you tackle. I assure that Ferdinand, Vidic, Materazzi, Samuel, Terry, can easily win the ball in front of them, because of their body balance.

I had good result with AS Roma against Barca I dont really know why yet lol.

But definitely like taht team when the opponent choose Barca.

I'm not sure why it is this way, but I always choose barça and even in pes6 I had the most problems against A.S. Roma O.O

didn't play pes2008 yet, but in pes6 they were definitely the ones giving me more problems, offline-wise ( never played online )

I am so bored of playing Barcelona online, thats all you ever get. Shite players can still score with Barcelona they are too good compared to most teams.

lol its not even so much that people choose barca. Its the fact Konami have made barca so damn good its rediculous! you tackle a barca player and they still keep it! you hafto tackle them about 3 times to win the god damn ball.

I don't think Barça are actually as overrated as many claim stat-wise...

Deco, Puyol, Thuram, Henry, Gudjohnsen are overrated.

but then again you have Milito, Bojan, Giovani, Zambrotta, Abidal, Tourè Yaya, Oleguer, Messi underrated.

so it's like 5 vs 8

Last edited:
tbh i think konami havent really used their brains very well on this one. I think onlie play should generally be divided into a point scoring system based on what teams you are using.

i.e. playing as the top block of teams and winning = little gained but losing will see significant losses

similarly, playing as shitter teams, winning = lots of points and losing have minmal effects

tbh i think konami havent really used their brains very well on this one. I think onlie play should generally be divided into a point scoring system based on what teams you are using.

i.e. playing as the top block of teams and winning = little gained but losing will see significant losses

similarly, playing as shitter teams, winning = lots of points and losing have minmal effects

totally agree.

They should make it more specific, instead of having just Club/National teams to filter, you should be able to play against only teams from EPL or Serie A if you so choose.

:applause:
Couldn't agree more.

I have been harping on about this for years that simple change would make online a completely different experience and the really good players wouldbe at the top not because people can play as Barca....

mmmh, I've read something I don't like that much. It's wrong seeing people getting enforced to face only teams with similar strength. I mean, if I want to play with cagliari or newcastle, the 2 teams I use during offline tournaments (and offline tournaments imo represent the ultimate challenge) why can't I play against chelsea? with torino I've beaten a guy with inter so what's the point in forbidding me to do so?

playing as the top block of teams and winning = little gained but losing will see significant losses
that's a good idea. you'll be still able to challenge every opponent with every team, but the gain/loss would be determined by a multiplier based on the overall strength of the team you've chosen and not be fixed and the same for every team from the ml default team to barcelona.

and, another important thing, is this: introducing this kind of multiplier would result in people being able to use their own ML teams, and would stop cheaters with superteams because it won't be worth anymore.

It's not so much that these teams or players are overrated, but rather that in this version of the game it's just impossible to tackle anyone with a dribbling stat over 85...or tackle anyone at all, for that matter

Hi, I also hate when my opponents pick Barca online, it feels like they only want the rating points (which is sad, but fair as I only play ranked matches). For me, the best way to couter that is by picking Real Madrid and playing with the 4-3-3 formation and using Van Nistelroy as my CF, Raul(RWF), Saviola(LWF), Robben(LM), Sneijder(CMF closest to the back 4), and Robinho(RM). Since I'm a good defender, I don't have many problems covering ronaldinho, henry and eto'o, and as u might presume have a really strong counter-attack. The other way is picking either Arsenal, Inter and play possession, or liverpool and chelsea and play aereal through balls and try to slice the defence. Hope it helps.

i agree too! good addition!

i usually prefer winning against my buddys using mid-level or low-level teams. teams like newcastle, athletico m. or the rangers.

Lets face it Barcelona have been made so amazingly good its just rediculous. The whole team is overrated. I've just finished playing the spanish league (im going through the leagues at the moment), i was playing as Atheletico Madrid and although i won the league i was taken all the way by a superhuman Barcelona team who scored 98 goals and conceded just 6, 3 of which were at the hands of me. They finished with 96 points (i had 104), the nearest to us was Real Madrid with 64 points! So if you take the fact i was playing out of the equation Barcelona would have been 32 points ahead of its nearest rivals! thats just stupid, i mean they are good but they arent that good. Konami have stuffed up good n proper with this.

yup - i generally play as man utd - the stats look similar, but barca can just run rings round you.... played a game as barca last night against a barca freak.... and i hammered him... the front 3 can just run round people and score... henry was never that fast when he was young - let alone now! i guess konami is sponsored by barca? :)

barca are the best team in da game and every1 picks dem . FACT.
MORE IMPORTANT FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
some people use barcelona since pro 2
check barca thread for further reading

Back
Top Bottom