1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Backing up my MP3s etc! Data stick advice please!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ninjabreakz, 6 April 2006.

1. ninjabreakz

ninjabreakz Guest

What is the best way to make copies of all my MP3's and photography etc? I don't want to mess around with CD's? I have heard of USB Data Sticks? Can you buy large storage ones?

Please excuse my crap knowledge of everything PC! :)

2. djdoc

djdoc Guest

You can buy ones up to 2 GB now mate. I even think there are small portable hard drives which go up to 4gb.

DJ

3. ninjabreakz

ninjabreakz Guest

Cheers mate.

Anyone know a good site to order data sticks from at good prices?

4. babs

babs Guest

It may be just as well to buy a small external USB HD enclosure and get say a notebook 2.5" HDD to go in it. That or a readymade external HD.

5. FlawlessCowboy

FlawlessCowboy Stunted

5 July 2004
    Coventry, UK
    Get yourself an encased external laptop HD. I've got one thats 40GB, you can get massive ones though. Cheapest ones are on eBay, as they're all from Asia

6. ninjabreakz

ninjabreakz Guest

Cheers guys :-)

7. djdoc

djdoc Guest

No worries mate thats what we are here for :)

DJ

8. Jamesy

Jamesy No. 7

21 February 2005
    Dartford
    Manchester United FC
    Ebuyer.com are pretty good for small external drives, the link below is for an 80GB USB2 portable drive:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/98873/rb/20243692308

I've got a custom made 60GB, and it's brilliant for moving/ back up data.

If you're not fussed about the physical size of the external drive, PC World were advertising a 320GB one for about £80...

Hope this helps,
    J