back playing winning eleven 9

Is the WE9:LE THAT much better than the WE9 (USA) or PES5 (EU) versions? I tried it but I didn't find it any better :(

It's leaps and bounds better than PES 5, not that far ahead of World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 and slightly less enjoyable than JWE9AC in my opinion. I've never played the american version though so I couldn't tell.

Last edited:
WE9 is the American version. If you haven't played it how do you know it is just slightly better? Anyway, I currently have all three installed, and PES5 seems really bad compared to WE9 (USA). I'm not sure if this is because PES5 is using the actual disc to run. I seem to remember either PES5 or 6 has a problem where the official disc would causes stilted gameplay. So everyone was forced to get altered EXEs.

Anyway, do you consider WE9:LE better enough than WE9 to lose the English commentary? I keep trying all 3 in a row, and i'm getting confused as to which one is better. Could you summarise why you think PES5 is much worse than WE9/WE9:LE?

Cheers mate, I just want to settle on one and start having great matches with my mate(s) again. I remember we used to stay up all night playing 30+ matches, and it was always fun. But the last 3 years that hasn't really happened. I miss it.

EDIT: Also, what does JWE9AC stand for (parts are obvious) and is it only available on PS2?

I think the main issue here is that I'm talking about PS2 games while you've been most likely referring to the PC versions which I've never played.

However seems like you're a bit confused about the various releases chronology, hopefully I'll be able to clear it up for you:

- Jikkyou Soccer Winning Eleven 9 (Japan - August 2005)(ignore the PC DVD etc tag, that's the PS2 cover)
EW9JP.jpg

- Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (EU - October 2005)
pes5omslagstorbild_small.jpg

- J-League Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship (Japan - November 2005)
EWJL3-1.jpg

- K-League Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship (Korea - December 2005)
EWKL-1.jpg

- World Soccer Winning eleven 9 (US - February 2006)
EW9US.jpg

- Winning Eleven 9 Bonus Pack (Japan - January 2006)
EW9BP.jpg

- Winning Eleven 9 LiveWare Evolution (Korea - February 2006)
EWKLLE-1.jpg

Whether the PS2 versions differences carried over to their PC counterparts or not, I obviously wouldn't know. I've played them all back in the days (except the US one and on PS2, mind you) and found PES5 way too fast, easy and arcade'ish for my taste (could've been a side-effect of the higher average ratings of the players involved though, we're still comparing J.League with top european and national teams though) and seemed like the gameplay had been dumbed down (passages and long balls basically on rails and remote-controlled, lack of control and randomness and the likes) compared to the asiatic releases while I still prefer JWE9AC (J.League Winning Eleven 9 Asia Championship) pace over LE's even though the games are quite similar.

Gotta go now, I'll try to address the other points later!

Any change somebbody had an updated option file for WE9LEK or a Classic Option file based on Leo legend's patch??

I am back playing it since pes6 servers are closing down and pes6 single player ain't as good as WE9LEk!! Cheers

I've been working on an option file updating we9 us. I'm using the info from pesstatsdatabase. It will have 50 of the top club teams in it. I'll post a link when im done with it.

Last edited:
do u guys know if pes6 stadiums and faces work on pes5 or WE9LE??
im talking about oc versions

there is a WE9LE pc version right?

Stadiums and faces both work on WE9LE, I've checked myself with faces from mystiq,JayM07, they all work.

Does anyone know how to convert PES6 kits to PES5 kits though? I'm having trouble with config.txt's, and they always seem to crash kitserv when I try out 08/09 kits from PES6.

Stadiums and faces both work on WE9LE, I've checked myself with faces from mystiq,JayM07, they all work.

Does anyone know how to convert PES6 kits to PES5 kits though? I'm having trouble with config.txt's, and they always seem to crash kitserv when I try out 08/09 kits from PES6.

Yea, I'd like to know the same about converting kits as well.

Also, my game crashes in certain stadiums in WE9LE. You're saying that all of the stadiums from PES6 work in WE9LE without any issues? What version of kitserver do you have?

Last edited:
Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Most stadiums that I've tried work, but there are some I've collected from other patches that crash my game too.

Here is the we9 US option file, i have been working on. It's based off an old watson pes5 file. The updated teams are... standings wise, that is...

Top 10 epl teams + newcastle
Top 7 la liga teams
Top 8 serie a teams
Top 6 bundesliga teams + schalke 04 and bremen
Top 3 ligue 1 teams + PSG
Top 3 portugese teams
kiev, shakhtar, rangers, celtic, olympiakos, panathinakos, besiktas, fenerbache, galatasary, and the dutch champions Az...

I also did a couple of global edits, that i feel work well with this version of we/pes, on top of thepesstatsdatabase edits. They are, +4 dribble speed for every player, and +4 response for all goalkeepers.

I have never done it, but i read somewhere you can convert them using the pes editor or somthing like that. Sorry, thats all i could help you out with. Ask around here and pesfan mabye ?

I'm a big fan of winning eleven and PES, I have played all parts. WE9AC is a great game , but The best game in my opinion is WEJL 2007.

I have never done it, but i read somewhere you can convert them using the pes editor or somthing like that. Sorry, thats all i could help you out with. Ask around here and pesfan mabye ?

Yes you can. Just load up your PC option file in the editor, then go to load OF2 and load the new file. Then there will be an OF->OF2 tab where you can import everything from the other option file. :)

Well there you go ! Thanks for the reply.
For some reason the file got removed from filefront. If anyone wants it pm me. I'll repost the link when, and if i upload it again.

But, having said that, I've converted it to a PC option file now. The filename is for WE9 Liveware Edition but if you're playing PES5 or WE9I just rename the file to the appropriate name and it'll work fine.

http://www.filefront.com/14004649/KONAMI-WIN32we9kOPT

If someone with a rapidshare or similar filehosting account wants to upload it there that'd be fine, I don't think this link will stay alive for very long.

I tried to reupload both files, pc and ps2, but the site is screwey right now, cause i'm clicking on the upload files, and it's NOT RESPONDING at all. Tried some other sites like sendspace, rapidshare and mediafire, with no luck. Getting a little fustrated with it. I'll try it again another time. I could e-mail anybody the files, if they need em, just pm me.

Last edited:
But, having said that, I've converted it to a PC option file now. The filename is for WE9 Liveware Edition but if you're playing PES5 or WE9I just rename the file to the appropriate name and it'll work fine.

http://www.filefront.com/14004649/KONAMI-WIN32we9kOPT

If someone with a rapidshare or similar filehosting account wants to upload it there that'd be fine, I don't think this link will stay alive for very long.

Thank you, brotha!!!

Can you teach me how did you convert this?

Great option file bussinrounds awesome to see that someone is still paying attention out there. I am using your file for my game on the pc and it is awesome. Cant wait to whoop ur azz soon hahaha.

Respect the TURKS!!!!!

Is still here anyone of you who play rather PES5 than PES6 and newer?

Because I've found PES5/WE9 better and more realistic than the 6+ and I have an idea to make complete OF for the new season. But I can't do it on my own, I can only edit OF, but kits, faces etc - BIG help I would need. :WORSHIP:

ok whats the best patches for we9LE on PC?

Any fifa commentry or all in one patches?

i ideally want something in a full package as i don't want to go looking for separate stuff, only really want to look around for newer option files.

aything like superpatch 4 for WE9LE?

CAN SOMEONE HELP, Thanx

I tried to reupload both files, pc and ps2, but the site is screwey right now, cause i'm clicking on the upload files, and it's NOT RESPONDING at all. Tried some other sites like sendspace, rapidshare and mediafire, with no luck. Getting a little fustrated with it. I'll try it again another time. I could e-mail anybody the files, if they need em, just pm me.

Hi can u please ulpoad the lates trasnfer OF for WE9LE thanx

Hello all. I am looking for a legend patch for WE9:LE, does anybody have it?
I've, but it's a bit modified at my taste. I replaced some teams for the other: Dynamo Kyev75-86, Spartak Moscow77-87, Dynamo Tbilisi81, Obolon Kyev.

Total: ~150Mb

Does anyone know a way to edit we9 JAP option file on PC? pes5 fan editor works only with pes5 EU and we9 US.
Tks.

Back
Top Bottom