Attacking AI; Game-breaking problem

PES 2019 Attacking AI; does the game have an issue?

• Yes, the AI more or less refuses to shoot unless it is centrally-placed in front of the goal.

Votes: 62 95.4%
  • No, the AI is sufficiently varied in its shooting.

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

ClassicD

Galáctico
11 November 2001
Glasgow
Celtic
Hello.

I love PES, and PES 2019 is pretty damn good, but it has a very big problem when played against the AI; it refuses to shoot unless it has the ball in a central position around 16 yards or closer to the goal. We are one day after the worldwide release and this issue continues to be reported more and more, it's not isolated to me and it happens no matter which AI team is playing, be it Barcelona or Motherwell.

• 90% of the time, it will only cross the ball on the ground, to achieve the aforementioned position.
  • Even when 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper, with no other AI player as far forward, the AI player will slow down and wait for a pass to the central position, even if the nearest player is 20 yards back. The player will not attack the goal.
  • If the AI has the ball in an amazing shooting position almost centrally, but it has another player even more centrally-positioned, it will always without fail, pass the ball to the other player. By "an amazing shooting position" I mean 8 yards out from goal with no defender in front of them, yet they still always try and pass.
  • The AI won't shoot from distance, or any wide position.
Now PES has always had its fair share of problems regarding the AI's playstyle, namely that when you up the difficulty, every team plays pinball-perfect football no matter how bad their players are or how good yours are. I think a lot of people have accepted this problem, and just deal with it.

However, this year, the shooting problem is a much bigger issue and for me, it's a deal-breaker. I cannot play against the AI if they are hard-coded to only shoot in these extremely limited circumstances; it is a game-breaking issue with regards to Master League. I am making this post in the vain hope that not only will they be made aware of the issue, but that they'll see it's a serious enough problem to actually try and fix.

I have played the game for over 11 hours already, lots and lots of matches (Superstar difficulty). Many people are reporting the same problem.

A similar post has been made on the PES subreddit.

Please don't take this as a negative post; I love this game and the series. I want to see it improve and I think everybody would like to see the same thing.

Thanks for reading.

Sadly, over the past 5 years or so the "deal-breaker" has gotten bigger and bigger with each new version of the game.

Now PES has always had its fair share of problems regarding the AI's playstyle, namely that when you up the difficulty, every team plays pinball-perfect football no matter how bad their players are or how good yours are. I think a lot of people have accepted this problem, and just deal with it.
This is for me a big deal. No matter how great your team is, once you up the difficulty, your team begins to play foolishly, and the AI's team(no matter how bad it is) plays super-class. I would love all teams and players(with their skills, strength and pace) to play in the real life form.

There's a bit of work to do with the edit on the players, but here we are right.

I'm fixing Atalanta, Inter and others from A.

I do not know if you have noticed but have expanded and specified the types of role. So, now we can also increase the aggressiveness of the central defenders (not just the Cc or the DM) by putting them the "destroyer" type.

We can attribute various ways of kicking the ball, from knuckle to rise, to dipping shot. All these "entice" the AI to seek the shoot from the limit or from outside.

Take tests and tell me.

I made several Inter-Atalanta superstars and they seemed true matchs.

I do not know if you have noticed but have expanded and specified the types of role. So, now we can also increase the aggressiveness of the central defenders (not just the Cc or the DM) by putting them the "destroyer" type.

That also works on 2016, 2017, 2018.

Hi guys, this AI issue is also clear to me after a few days of playing ML on the hardest difficulty.

The AI rarely ever shoot, and I am now noticing the low-cross goals people have been describing. It's quite irritating to see the same goals over and over.

I really hope they tweak the AI via a game update, because I'm loving everything else.

I am about 7 games into my Master League, which overall I am enjoying, but the attacking AI is shocking like you say.

It is not only near impossible to defend against, but totally unrealistic. Due to this the likes of Neymar is not attacking as Neymar would, instead passing it first time when he is 12 yards out, for another player to tap in.
It is taking away the teams realism, due to this every team feels the same to play agaist, which is going to get boring, quickly!!

This is clearly a big bug on the game and it has to be fixed pronto. This is not comparable with the low fouls count or somewhat poor Gk´s or whatever. This is really bad and it looks like a problem on a rushed launch that they didn´t had time to correct. Won´t buy it until this is solved, that´s for sure.

Agree with everything said, I’m also getting annoyed with going clean through one on one with the keeper and the keeper stays rooted to his line. ISS 98 had this done better

Watcha talking about? The PES 2019 AI is completely fine:

Yeah, there it is. I'm not over concerned this is typical Konami incompetence in release we are sadly getting used to. I think they rushed it out because they getting used to relying on patches and i think its certain this glaring bug will be fixed.

Sad though in 2018 we see this happen constantly in gaming.

Back
Top Bottom