Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

I dont think you have to micro manage them that much if you dont want too. Its a case of you have them and can manage them to increase their skill levels, so in later missions you can use them to cause a distraction and let you get on with your mission more stealthy.

They can also be killed, before you set them off on a mission you get a screen which gives you a percentage chance of success. So if you really dont want them around, you can send them to their death I guess.

Had 30 mins on it just now. Just like AC:2, which is spot on. Just carried a box of flowers for some woman, she's going to repay me in kind tomorrow - but I'm expecting more than what's potentially on offer...

Was also great going back and seeing old places, like the renovated village and mansion where all the armour, weapons and paintings were kept on AC:2.

Will be on this all weekend.

They can also be killed, before you set them off on a mission you get a screen which gives you a percentage chance of success. So if you really dont want them around, you can send them to their death I guess.

Can we send them to kill the Pope? :LOL:

I'm really enjoying it.

I'm on memory 7 of Sequence 2 at the moment - 100% on them all. The fighting can be excellent at times, especially come the end when you're completely surrounded by dead bodies that you've just slaughtered.

Seems like there's a lot to do, side quest wise, too.

I don't understand what's different with the fighting. I don't understand how to select your next target. It doesn't seem to work for me.

I don't understand what's different with the fighting. I don't understand how to select your next target. It doesn't seem to work for me.

It's basically just pushing the left stick in the direction of the enemy. It can be just mashing the X button at times, while occasionally holding RT to counter any moves by the opponent.

Can be rewarding, if it all comes off. I think one of the 100% prerequisites on sequence 2 is kill all around 10 men without losing any health. That tooke 2 or 3 attempts. I wasn't in any trouble, but I was taking silly little hits which were ruining my 100%. Got there in the end, though.

Meh. I really enjoyed AC2 and completed it, but this just feels too much of the same and like it should just be an expansion pack. Hopefully it'll get better and change it up somehow.

It's very similar obviously. But seeing as AC2 is still worth playing ten times over and the story is actually very engaging, I wouldn't care if it was more of the same. I guess if you don't want to do any of the new stuff (the city building, brotherhood missions and trading etc) then you're kind of limiting yourself to just playing it like AC2, rather than the game being exactly the same in the first place.

On Sequence 7 at the moment, with 100% memory success right through.

Still got loads of stuff to do, as well, side quest wise.

Finished the main game last night. Had to endure the 11 minute long credits for the 50G Achievement. Bit of an odd ending too, but I won't spoil anything.

Word of warning, if you want all the achievements/trophies, exit the Animus as Desmond before or during Sequence 8, as one involves picking up an artefact in the modern day (easy enough to find - just venture outside and look around the village. There are 5 to find but only 1 unlocks the achievement/trophy.)

Achievement list : http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed-brotherhood/achievements/

Anyway, I've still got plenty to do. Leonardo's final quest, find all the Borgia flags and also pick up 3 gold medals in the training program.

Then I can get back on Bad Company 2!

Last edited:
Completed it and I must say I was quite impressed. I was expecting the game to be like an expansion pack for AC2 but it was very lengthy and the mission design was really good. Ending was a bit strange like Scutch said but all in all a solid package. Looking forward to Assassins Creed 3 now! I hope the rumours of a feudal Japan setting during the Meiji/Shogunate period are right.

I need one more Achievement for the full set in single player. It's remove the remaining Borgia flags. Think there's about 14 or so left. They're all on the map but a few are in Romulus Lairs so I'll have to replay memories to collect those ones. Pain.

Will do that tomorrow so I can get back on BC2.

My wife did me this game as a gift for xmass. I enjoyed the 2nd one and frankly, I'm quite stunned at watching what they did in only a 1 year of developing.

The game is GREAT, the game mechanics are more and more refined everytime and the ammount of side quests and things to do is aboslutely amazing.

My wife was away for 3 days so I've played up to 20 hours in 4 days and I'm quite far in the game and I have enjoyed it very much. They have improved a lot the main quests, putting a little more "brains" in them, and some of the levels I've played have been really awesome in terms of gameplay.

If they manage to make the memories a little more complex (like the first hitman) and add even more challenge to battles (they're still a tad too easy) it really can be a GOTY. Right now is one of the best games I've played this year, and the production values are top notch. Very very surprised they pulled this one out in only a year. The "wolf" levels, the many quests for guilds, and even the great flashbacks with Cristina... it's all very well put together and you really don't feel they just put together some quests and published a quick sequel.

The script is good and Ezio is as charismatic as ever, and the historical facts around it are, as always, very welcome. I read everything and the ammount of info they put in the game is astonishing, and quite accurate for the most part. They really are nailing everything in the atmosphere department.

Congrats to Ubisoft, they have a very powerful IP in their hands.

If you liked the previous one, you definitely MUST play this one. If you never played this series or played only thwe first one, please try it.

Went back to this after only playing about an hour of it a month ago and realised this is a brilliant game

The graphics and model of the city are brilliant as is the music/sound which sets the tone. Check out the Colosseum from a viewpoint nearby it looks stunning

And once you get used to all the controls and start putting moves together when fighting its even better

Went back to this after only playing about an hour of it a month ago and realised this is a brilliant game

The graphics and model of the city are brilliant as is the music/sound which sets the tone. Check out the Colosseum from a viewpoint nearby it looks stunning

And once you get used to all the controls and start putting moves together when fighting its even better

Agree, just starting getting into it myself and it has improved from AC1&2 greatly. I really wish they'd make some sort of magic/fantasy RPG using the AC engine as a template. They've already got the "Barbarian" and "Rogue" style gameplay down, just figure out some "Magician" combat and you've got the greatest open world RPG ever, in my opinion.

I've just started it too after having it for ages.

I bought it after completing AC2 which I thought was amazing.

But I got bored quick as it felt like playing same game.

I may start up again soon but Im not really tempted.

AC2.5 IMO

It is a bit more of the same, but I like being able to call the other Assassins.

Enjoying it at the moment.

FD

Agree, just starting getting into it myself and it has improved from AC1&2 greatly. I really wish they'd make some sort of magic/fantasy RPG using the AC engine as a template. They've already got the "Barbarian" and "Rogue" style gameplay down, just figure out some "Magician" combat and you've got the greatest open world RPG ever, in my opinion.

If you're after something like that give Dragon Age Origins/Dragon Age 2 a go. It's not the same engine, but it feels just like an AC game and it's a fantasy RPG.

If you're after something like that give Dragon Age Origins/Dragon Age 2 a go. It's not the same engine, but it feels just like an AC game and it's a fantasy RPG.

I've played both, and while the stories and depth of the Dragon Age series are great I certainly wouldn't put their gameplay/combat engine anywhere near the same level as the latest Assassin's Creed.

The DA games are still enjoyable, but not for the same reasons as Assassin's Creed.

My opinion, obviously.

Well really enjoyed that, these games are superb and defo one of my all-time favs.

Downloaded the Copernicus Conspiracy DLC. And think I'll pay the £8 for the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC which is coming out.

FD

Back
Top Bottom