1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Anyone still uses the D-Pad ?

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by Interista, 9 July 2011.

What do you use ?

1. Analog Stick

72.9%
  2. Still use D-Pad

27.1%
  1. Interista

Interista Il Capitano

19 August 2003
    Bahrain
    FC Internazionale
    Hey there, just wondering if anyone out there is still using the D-Pad ?

I for one am still using it, I just never got used to the analog stick for some reason and always feels kind of weird when playing :LOL: Maybe has to do with the fact that I've ben playing this game since the PS1 days and am having a tough time "moving on" haha

I know the analog stick has more advantages now that the game supports 360 movement/passing but was just wondering if I'm not the only one using the D-Pad :D

Last edited: 9 July 2011
  2. Interista

Interista Il Capitano

19 August 2003
    Bahrain
    FC Internazionale
    Oh god, big fail, can anyone move this to the PES PS3 section :p

3. Valon

Valon Banned

30 September 2010
    Atlanta GA
    Liverpool & Lecce
    i use d-pad too dont know why but dont feel good with analog special football games :P

4. sonoman

sonoman Premiership

13 November 2003
    México
    Mexico / Türkiye
    yeah I use the d-pad as well for PES only I think

5. The_Special_One

The_Special_One #helpmemeetgenie

17 August 2007
    Lovely Estoril
    #geniearmy
    Since I play NBA 2K games I moved to the analog. I think using the analog gives you a different sense of freedom while you move the players.

6. Lami

Lami Niche Football Staff

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    Moved to appropriate forum.

As of 2011, No more D-pad for me ;)

7. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Golden Boot Winner

10 June 2003
    Ipswich, England
    Ipswich Town F.C.
    As of 2001, no more D-pad for me.

8. Lami

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    :LOL:

Wow. 2001. I was watching my friend using the stick once during the PS2 days. I just didn't know how he could enjoy it. Tried it myself and wouldn't work for me. Was much easier getting angles right with the D-pad. Not now though, feels very awkward.

9. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Golden Boot Winner

10 June 2003
    Ipswich, England
    Ipswich Town F.C.
    Ever since the first analogue sticks were introduced I've always found them much more comfortable to use than the d-pad. I've never had any trouble with angles on the analogue stick. You really didn't have to be that precise back in the old 8 direction days.

10. Lami

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    Really tried and never worked for me. Always felt D-pad gave PES more directness, if that makes any sense. Felt kinda lost with the analogue. Preferred analogue for everything else though. Total opposite when playing other games.

11. Interista

Interista Il Capitano

19 August 2003
    Bahrain
    FC Internazionale
    In PES2011 360 degrees is not incorporated for shooting right ? When I am one-on-one with the keeper I just press Up or Down using the D-Pad and it would go into the corner.

12. BigZombieMonkey

BigZombieMonkey Non-League

14 July 2011
    I think D-pad should not be used, it's an inaccurate input system, much less precision and games developers should be looking to move away from it and only keep a d-pad on the controller for retro games or for various other functions that are not related to movement.