Anyone still uses the D-Pad ?

What do you use ?

• Total voters

Interista

Il Capitano
19 August 2003
Bahrain
FC Internazionale
Hey there, just wondering if anyone out there is still using the D-Pad ?

I for one am still using it, I just never got used to the analog stick for some reason and always feels kind of weird when playing :LOL: Maybe has to do with the fact that I've ben playing this game since the PS1 days and am having a tough time "moving on" haha

I know the analog stick has more advantages now that the game supports 360 movement/passing but was just wondering if I'm not the only one using the D-Pad :D

Last edited:
Since I play NBA 2K games I moved to the analog. I think using the analog gives you a different sense of freedom while you move the players.

:LOL:

Wow. 2001. I was watching my friend using the stick once during the PS2 days. I just didn't know how he could enjoy it. Tried it myself and wouldn't work for me. Was much easier getting angles right with the D-pad. Not now though, feels very awkward.

Ever since the first analogue sticks were introduced I've always found them much more comfortable to use than the d-pad. I've never had any trouble with angles on the analogue stick. You really didn't have to be that precise back in the old 8 direction days.

Really tried and never worked for me. Always felt D-pad gave PES more directness, if that makes any sense. Felt kinda lost with the analogue. Preferred analogue for everything else though. Total opposite when playing other games.

In PES2011 360 degrees is not incorporated for shooting right ? When I am one-on-one with the keeper I just press Up or Down using the D-Pad and it would go into the corner.

I think D-pad should not be used, it's an inaccurate input system, much less precision and games developers should be looking to move away from it and only keep a d-pad on the controller for retro games or for various other functions that are not related to movement.

Back
Top Bottom