PC Any Way To Instigate Run?

Morientes

Conference
30 October 2006
I am slowly beginning to appreciate the PES2011 demo. But I REALLY miss the "instigate run" option from FIFA where you press L1 and a near player will start a run forward. I find it very hard to create any offensive play without it, as the players are standing way too still.
Is there anything similar to instigate run in PES2011?

Ok, thanks. Would be nice to make him run BEFORE the pass, though...

At times it's frustrating but the problem can be pretty much eradicated by fine tuning your tactics. The problem with having a Fifa style run modifier is that it takes the game down a completely different path, as the option to let players make runs whenever you want sort of over-rides the need to have any sort of tactic.

The way pes11 is set up know encourages you to play the ball around, until an opening presents itself.

At times it's frustrating but the problem can be pretty much eradicated by fine tuning your tactics. The problem with having a Fifa style run modifier is that it takes the game down a completely different path, as the option to let players make runs whenever you want sort of over-rides the need to have any sort of tactic.

The way pes11 is set up know encourages you to play the ball around, until an opening presents itself.

What he said. Like I mentioned in another thread, players WILL make runs if you set up your team to be attacking. The difficult part is to spot those runs, because sometimes they would be very subtle. If you miss that window of opportunity, the chance is gone.

When you watch real games on tv, you would realise that players would not be making forward runs all the time. They would choose their moments, and that's how PES is as well. If a player isnt making the run you want, just play it elsewhere, and build again. Don't just attack all the time, slow down and look for the passes. That way, you will notice that players are in fact making runs. Cheers

Yes this is the frustrating part of PES for me. I like to play an attacking way and have offence and player support on 20. However there are many times when I run wide and the player in front waits and waits and then runs towards me or stays stationary. Its only through the middle they make runs or me have to play a 1-2. I understand in real footy it can happen in parts like this but its very rarely I get the run I want from team mates.

I disagree. Reading the previews, I was hoping finally PES would deny us the pass+pass+pass easy way to reach a goal scoring oportunity. They only solved the run+run+run problem, but you can still pass anywhere you want with little pressure deep into the opponent's half. No real need for a real football brain... yet. Konami still fails to understand the game difficulties and how they should be applied. Hopefully global stats editing will solve much of this issue.

There's still a terrible lack of physicality. Konami hides this under a weak no pressure system. Ever wondered why defending players do the exact opposite they should be doing when the guy they are marking is likely to receive a pass? they back off! That's because Konami's implementation of pressure fails. They implement it as "Pressure the ball holder", when it should be mostly about closing that guy's options. But it will take years of AI adjustments of awareness to get even close to that.

Last edited:
You can increase player support under team style. Also, you can press R2/RT after passing to make the passer run.

Does anyone find the RT runs of players are very short this year? Last year you could press pass and RT and a player would run and run until they were offside. This year their runs seem very short. They almost never run up to the opposition back four, or is it just me?

Update : RT seems to do almost nothing this year. One has to hold LB while passing and the the guy who passed will run on forward.

Last edited:
Does anyone find the RT runs of players are very short this year? Last year you could press pass and RT and a player would run and run until they were offside. This year their runs seem very short. They almost never run up to the opposition back four, or is it just me?

Update : RT seems to do almost nothing this year. One has to hold LB while passing and the the guy who passed will run on forward.

RT does work mate. You press RT after you pass to make the passer run. LB while passing is for 1-2 pass. The player will run and you gotta press pass before the 2nd guy receives the ball to pass it back, but you can choose not to as well. It's been the same in previous PES.

Back
Top Bottom