Another call to Konami

nickgarratt

A gooner till i die!
20 August 2005
Arsenal
Basically i just asked when the patch is coming out, they have no idea. They just said Konami is working alongside Microsoft to fix the issue of the online lag. I asked whether the patch would be out before CHRISTMAS and he said he hopes so but there is no date. I didn't think this was a microsoft problem though so i guess they are helping Konami out...they definitely need it!!!

They didn;t do 2 vs 2 online cause they said they wanted the game to flow like it did offline, so they did 1 vs 1... RESULT... worst online pro evo experience ever!

Congrats Konami, Congrats!

@ Iceman_Bergkamp :- All i can say is thank GOD i still have my trusty PS2. Apart from the graphic detail of 360 version, the PS2 version is better and has more optons. Also i have to admit that at least my trusty PS2 still works after about 10 years. Unlike the poor quality hardware that Microsoft has given us. I'm on my 2nd Xbox 360 (red ring of death) and just had to send my current one away for repair...again.

So slag the old gen versions all you like but at least the games play and practicaly never crash...plus online is free.

Gimme good gameplay and old graphis over nice graphics and a piece of shit any day of the week. After all isn't it the gameplay that made people go over to PES instead of the nice graphics of FIFA? So this is why they should continue with old gen until they get the next gen sorted.

Last edited:
Please go back and read it again. After you have finished, read it once more.

Did I for once say anything derogatory about the ps2 versions?

I myself am playing PES2008 on the ps2. If you look at the patches section for ps2 PES2008 you'll find my stadium pack and adboards, and i'm working on a supporters flag patch at the moment too. My post in this thread was simply an answer to my beliefs as to why the next gen versions have been found wanting.

The quintessential point I was ratifying was that until Konami stop making last gen, they will simply not be able to concentrate fully on a next gen version and thus be able to produce a game that fully benefits from next gen coding and work from component level up, not a simply port of code in it’s entirety that has been polished with next gen graphics.

The PS2 fan base is huge - that is a fact. With producing so many versions at the same time, and the pressure to be successful after last years diabolical XBOX360 outing, it was easy for Konami to simply port the best version - the ps2 - to next gen.

However, they have simply not adhered to the next gen ethos in many gamers eyes, and in terms of gameplay have been found wanting.

I simply suggest you read a message properly in future before pulling a trigger and regurgitating such slander in future.

Last edited:
Please go back and read it again. After you have finished, read it once more.

Did I for once say anything derogatory about the ps2 versions?

I myself am playing PES2008 on the ps2. If you look at the patches section for ps2 PES2008 you'll find my stadium pack and adboards, and i'm working on a supporters flag patch at the moment too. My post in this thread was simply an answer to my beliefs as to why the next gen versions have been found wanting.

The quintessential point I was ratifying was that until Konami stop making last gen, they will simply not be able to concentrate fully on a next gen version and thus be able to produce a game that fully benefits from next gen coding and work from component level up, not a simply port of code in it’s entirety that has been polished with next gen graphics.

The PS2 fan base is huge - that is a fact. With producing so many versions at the same time, and the pressure to be successful after last years diabolical XBOX360 outing, it was easy for Konami to simply port the best version - the ps2 - to next gen.

However, they have simply not adhered to the next gen ethos in many gamers eys, and in terms of gameplay have been found wanting.

I simply suggest you read a message properly in future before pulling a trigger and regurgitating such slander in future.

jac3.jpg

can somebody please give me the number of konami,i am gonna claim my money back.i'm done with waiting for a patch wich fix the online problems
thnx for helping

Back
Top Bottom