Anime/Manga Thread

Aboutreika18

Too Black, Too Strong
5 September 2006
Talk about any anime or manga series in this thread. :))

I watched the 26 episodes of the anime of Fruits Basket, as well as reading the 136 chapters of the manga and I thought it was brilliant.

Especially the variety of the characters, as I'm sure everyone can relate themselves to at least one of the characters in Fruba.

The anime series is mainly romance and comedy, whereas the manga series has a lot more darker themes and is probably more interesting.

I'd recommend the series to anyone, although it's probably better to watch the anime before you read the manga, as the anime is only 26 episodes and ends early in the full story that the manga has.

I was raised with San Seiya, Dragon Ball and City Hunter, like everybody. Since then I prefered reading comics (Mary-Jane Watson...) but I've read Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO) and it was amazing.

A few that I liked:
Fate/Stay night
Trigun
Dragon Ball Z
Ghost in the Shell (Both the movies and the series)
Saint Seiya
Inuyasha
Escaflowne
Hellsing
Evangelion

So many more that I don't even remember the titles.

I'm up for recomendations though! :))

Anyone interested in reviving this thread?

For me, I started reading (and have read all of) the Naruto chapters up to this point and have also watched all the Yu Gi Oh second original series and have began watching the original Dragonball series recently. Super happy to hear the writer of Dragonball announcing a new series if there's enough interest!

A few other Mangas I've thought about reading are:

Bleach
Death Note
Yu Gi Oh (since the anime is different)

Among others obviously!

I've also watched 300 episodes of Pokemon online as well, but love the movies more (especially the second one, I'd suggest it to anyone with a interest in pokemon, or anyone with kids to watch it. Amazing)

Anyway, I'm looking for people to discuss this stuff with, since I only have 3 friends in school who like this stuff as much as me!

Nice bump, was actually thinking of starting on Cowboy Bebop the other day to see why it's such a cult classic.

Nice bump, was actually thinking of starting on Cowboy Bebop the other day to see why it's such a cult classic.

I haven't heard of this one? What's the basic idea about it, might add it to my list of future anime/manga to watch/read :)

Started up on Bleach today, waiting for the new Naruto Wednesday!

Death Note is an awesome Anime imo. Short but damn good. Love all the mind games between L and L :D

Also kind of a Naruto nut as well. Read all the chapters, watched all animes, movies, played all games, have a Kakashi figure doll. On second thought, I am a Naruto nut.

Oh Bleach, my favorite characters are Kuchiki Byakuya and Urahara Kisuke.

Last edited:
Death Note is an awesome Anime imo. Short but damn good. Love all the mind games between L and L :D

Also kind of a Naruto nut as well. Read all the chapters, watched all animes, movies, played all games, have a Kakashi figure doll. On second thought, I am a Naruto nut

Well if Death Note is good, I will give it a watch in between reading Bleach (not that far in so I'm not certain of the characters) and watching Dragonball.

As for Naruto, same! I have read and watched them all, played the games to 100% (regret selling the first two, but I had to pay for the third somehow) luckily after selling them my mum saw how much I seemed depressed by it and upgraded my order to the Will of Fire edition, I have the Naruto figurine!! My favourite Characters are Gaara, Zabuza (shame he wasn't in much) and Kakashi.

Last year i re-started to watch some anime.
I've already watch Dbz Kai, Death Note, Sword Art Online, halfway on Naruto Shippuden and finishing Soul Eater. Also i'm my childhood i've watch Pokémon, Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, Captain Tsubasa, Beyblade, Dragon Ball, Monster Rancher and many others i which i remember the name :( .
I'll start Ao no Exorcist (friend recommendation) and maybe Bleach or Full Metal Alchemist.

I've only watched one anime, Cowboy Bebop, years ago. Really liked it. Spike was such a cool guy. :)

Last year i re-started to watch some anime.
I've already watch Dbz Kai, Death Note, Sword Art Online, halfway on Naruto Shippuden and finishing Soul Eater. Also i'm my childhood i've watch Pokémon, Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, Captain Tsubasa, Beyblade, Dragon Ball, Monster Rancher and many others i which i remember the name :( .
I'll start Ao no Exorcist (friend recommendation) and maybe Bleach or Full Metal Alchemist.

Beyblades first season was amazing! But the second was disappointing..
Digimon is great, but it had to try and live up to Pokemons hype so could never truly compete :P

I haven't heard of this one? What's the basic idea about it, might add it to my list of future anime/manga to watch/read :)
All I know is it has something to do with bounty-hunting and the music is quite jazzy. :P

Digimon, Beyblade, Pokemon, DBZ...God, that makes me nostalgic, haven't watched any of those regularly for nearly a decade now, I used to live off the stuff back then.

Never watched Yu-Gi-Oh though, that was the one I took a pass on, probably because it came on Sky One whereas the others either came on ITV or Cartoon Network and I only ever watched Sky One for The Simpsons back then.

Beyblades first season was amazing! But the second was disappointing..
Digimon is great, but it had to try and live up to Pokemons hype so could never truly compete :P
That's right, i like Digimon but Pokemon is in another class.
But they are all part of my childhood, unfortunaly i can't remember all the stuff i've watched but i still remember some things. There was a really good one, a kid with a Samurai soul helping him, i think the kid or the samurai had red hair or something similar.
Anyway, i like the first seasons much more than the others, dunno if it's because i've watch the first seasons when i was a kid and the next ones when i was losing interest in anime/cartoons, but i believe many of them just turn rubbish because of the many stuff they added and stupid monsters (Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon imo).
Forgot to add Howl's Moving Castle(watched in 2005 at school and this year) excellent movie, Sailor Moon and Medabots too.

Last edited:
Decided to dig out some manga this weekend to watch on the bank holiday tomorrow. I blame Ni No Kuni getting me in the mood. It was funny running my finger across the DVD spines and finding things I forgot I owned. I'm gonna start with the obvious Akira but after that Ive got Crying freeman, Princess Mononoke, Perfect Blue, Ghost in the Shell and Metropolis.

That's right, i like Digimon but Pokemon is in another class.
But they are all part of my childhood, unfortunaly i can't remember all the stuff i've watched but i still remember some things. There was a really good one, a kid with a Samurai soul helping him, i think the kid or the samurai had red hair or something similar.
Anyway, i like the first seasons much more than the others, dunno if it's because i've watch the first seasons when i was a kid and the next ones when i was losing interest in anime/cartoons, but i believe many of them just turn rubbish because of the many stuff they added and stupid monsters (Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon imo).
Forgot to add Howl's Moving Castle(watched in 2005 at school and this year) excellent movie, Sailor Moon and Medabots too.
Shaman King?

Not really into Anime anymore, but this feels nostalgic... I grew up with Doraemon, Dragon Ball, Let's & Go, Slam Dunk, Samurai X, Digimon (until third series, because 4th the monsters and kids becoming weird IMO), and Captain Tsubasa lol....

I also read Death Note and Liar Game (same auhor)

Captain Tsubasa gets merit for creating the great football player that I am.

In my hood.

If anyone wants an intense anime with a great story watch Berserk. You wont regret it :)

Neon Genesis Evangelion is another.

Ah watched Berserk as well. Quite an aggressive one.

I'll look out for the other one :)

Yep. Obito is a creep.

And is it me or did we get a hint that Naruto's on the way to become the Sage of 6 paths? Rinnegan too?

Watched the movie as well. Not bad btw.

Yep. Obito is a creep.

And is it me or did we get a hint that Naruto's on the way to become the Sage of 6 paths? Rinnegan too?

Watched the movie as well. Not bad btw.

Obito just keeps getting weirder and weirder..

To anyone who's about to read but don't read this!:

I don't think it was a hint, although that was second in my ideas. I think it was just the Ten Tails seeing through the rinnegan and sensing the 8 and 9 tails, causing it to defuse for a split second (notice all the beasts are seen separate on the same slide) I think it will cone down to a beast mode vs beast mode while Naruto attempts to split the ten tails up!

Also this week with Minato showing up. What do you think his 'gift' he had for Naruto is?! My friends reckon its either the cloak of The Fourth Hokage, The Kunai which he uses for the Flying Raijin or my least favourite the rest of The Nine Tails chakra..

Of course the chakra is most likely as its the only thing not likely to disappear once the Edo seal is broken by Oruchimaru.

Obito vs Kakashi is going to kick off, I reckon it will end with Kakashi being given the second eye of Obito (unlikely, since his chakra is ridiculously low) or some over write suggesting that if he takes Obitos eye he will be given the Eternal Mangekyou which would be absolutely awesome for Kakashi! Mote likely it seems that Obito will kill Kakashi on a moment of hesitation though..

Last edited:
So people who are up to date with Naruto here's something that I like the sound of, but is full of holes, and its the perfect plan of annoying plot twisting and exasperating.

What if this is already Tsukuyomi summoned up by itachi because he didn't want to kill his clan (think about it, the panel that shows itachi on the lamppost is in front of the moon, and when Sasuke wakes up from Genjutsu he is in bed having dreamed), but it would be impossible for him to not do so if the world was to be at peace, because despite it supposedly being a perfect world other sharingan users might possess the ability to counter the jutsu and as such cancel his plan. Because he then cannot stay around, he set up this story that eventually sees Sasuke become the highest power in a village that originally shunned his people, and bringing peace between Senju and Uchiha, and knowing that this would be the eventual end game he can die happy in this dream world (he does die smiling after all) and after all this, it turns out the main character was Sasuke and Naruto was just his rival whom he is destined to overcome!

Entirely ludicrous and feasible but unlikely, we do need to remember that Itachi was basically a god in Shinobi.and he would probably have been the strongest ninja in the world if he didn't deliberately nerf himself for the same of keeping peace.

Also, I have stopped reading bleach after 13 chapters, I just can't seem to take it seriously in any form, it shot itself in the foot by:

Being drawn so badly imo, there are panels that lack faces even when one character is shown and sometimes basic body shapes are completely off (including completely undrawn hands!)and ridiculous things like the crap personality in the 'fake' sould for Ichigo and the idea of 'candy' being used to remove the soul is a good idea poorly designed.

Last edited:
So people who are up to date with Naruto here's something that I like the sound of, but is full of holes, and its the perfect plan of annoying plot twisting and exasperating.

What if this is already Tsukuyomi summoned up by itachi because he didn't want to kill his clan (think about it, the panel that shows itachi on the lamppost is in front of the moon, and when Sasuke wakes up from Genjutsu he is in bed having dreamed), but it would be impossible for him to not do so if the world was to be at peace, because despite it supposedly being a perfect world other sharingan users might possess the ability to counter the jutsu and as such cancel his plan. Because he then cannot stay around, he set up this story that eventually sees Sasuke become the highest power in a village that originally shunned his people, and bringing peace between Senju and Uchiha, and knowing that this would be the eventual end game he can die happy in this dream world (he does die smiling after all) and after all this, it turns out the main character was Sasuke and Naruto was just his rival whom he is destined to overcome!

Entirely ludicrous and feasible but unlikely, we do need to remember that Itachi was basically a god in Shinobi.and he would probably have been the strongest ninja in the world if he didn't deliberately nerf himself for the same of keeping peace.

What a twist that would be. I still think Itachi is the best too. Not sure if he can go that far though, but he's certainly a genius.

What a twist that would be. I still think Itachi is the best too. Not sure if he can go that far though, but he's certainly a genius.

I'd take any plot twist right now, it's dragging on now..

Have a group of school friends all watching Attack on Titan, excellent piece of work imo.

Still trying to finish watching all of Dragonball and Dragonball Z in preparation for the new series!

Just started watching cowboy bebop. Only 5 episodes in but loving it so far.

One little question though is at what point am I supposed to slot the movie in? I had a little look online to see but ended up going into spoilers so stopped looking for answers there.

The gist I got was it fits in somewhere around episodes 20 to 24 ish but I couldn't narrow it down without spoilers as to why it goes there.

Back
Top Bottom