1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

ANALOG X D-PAD

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by omimiga, 31 December 2005.

1. omimiga

omimiga Conference

Is it really better to play WE9 with ANALOG?? Many people say that you can run faster, drible better, shot better with analog stick... I tried a little but I found very difficult to defend well, I couldn't steal balls with R1+R2 because it's hard to position the player exactly in front of the opposition... also passing took a while to adjust well and I still lost many passes...

Should I make the conversion? Abandon D-pad and try to adapt with analog?
    Does it worth?

2. ash

ash DeMinistrator

21 March 2004
    London
    Man Utd
    Just use D-Pad, I went from Analoge to D-Pad, its a lot easier.

3. blayzzz

blayzzz Non-League

20 February 2003
    After playing WE9 from a 5 month break, I switched from dpad to analog and Im finding it more fluid, feels better using analog.

4. Mauras

Mauras Premiership

7 October 2002
    Just made the change and:

- Analog is less favoured than in previous versions but it's STILL FAVOURED over d-pad. It's stupid but true.

- Players are more reactive when dribbling and react more quiclky. Set pieces are much easier and shots go a lot more were you want them too.

This is one of the most stupid issues with PES. Having 2 control modes is ok and democratic, having one deliver a lot better than the other it's just incompetence.

5. omimiga

omimiga Conference

Was analog even better in past versions?? I didn't notice that... Fuck I was terrible with analog in WE7...

6. PetrovLFC

PetrovLFC Raul!

13 March 2005
    NW London
    Liverpool
    Piggyback guide says D=pad is better, and I have to agree. Much more control, and they also state that its quicker, more precise, just harder to defend with.

I've never got used to the analogue.

7. omimiga

omimiga Conference

harder to defend? I find it a lot easier to defend than with analog... that's my only difficult playing analog: impossible to use supercancel and take the ball of a player.. I can't direct him exactly...