Everton Thread

Re: Everton Thread

Tough game tonight , larrisa knocked blackburn out the the last round , mark huges has warned everton not to take this team lightly, Good luck to the boys in blue tonight!!!!Welcome back to king Cahill we have missed the best celebration in the premier league...

ca2.jpg

craping myself already mate....always do on nights like this. Cooome on Lads!!!!

Nice to get off to a decent result.

I still worry massively about Moyes tactics in Europe.

At home to Metalist we played 4-3-3 and looked uncomfortable compared to a more usual premiership formation. Away to Metalist and we played 4-4-2 but mucked about with personal and where they play then went to
3-5-2 and then at home tonight we played 4-5-1.

And the team selection is different far too often as well.

I am glad we got the win, but Moyes has a lot to learn in Europe. At the moment he is falling into this non stop tinkering mode and the players don't really know where they are.

Great to see Cahill back and a goal from virtually nothing after we had created little and looked nervy. Cahill as always a real danger in the box.

We have strikers who often struggle but Cahill as soon as he is back...you just know he will always get in the right place at the right time- brilliant.

We looked nervy again after the goal, you could see the players were unfamiliar with the system and we kept pumping the ball forward to McFadden. Clearly the ball had to be on the deck if McFadden was the lone front man. Likewise we required slow build-up play, to play McFadden in, but other than Arteta (magnificent again) no one was going to really get the ball on the deck and play.

Also Larissa are quite poor in midfield and agricultural at the back so, I don't know why we didn't just go 4-4-2, something we are far more comfortable with. If we were going to play with the lone striker it clearly would have made more sense from the start to have played Anichebe, who is not only brilliant at holding the ball up and winning the aerial battles, but also has pace to frighten most teams in behind them.

McFadden only makes sense if more than just Arteta play the ball with patience and consideration on the deck.

McFadden did a thankless job and had little joy, but that was not his fault and he put in a good shift.

The second goal was stunning, build-up play that came out of nowhere, how on earth did we put all that together, amazing :applause:

Still all that work would have counted for nothing if it wasn't for a finish and it was a big ask, so well done to Osman, the finish was brilliant.

That is the extremely frustrating thing about Osman, he has a great first touch, a brilliant strike, crossed well for the first goal, but he can be lightweight, inconsistent in passing and sometime go completely missing. Sometimes I want Osman passed on to a Championship team and then he does great stuff, kind of like a McFadden type in midfield.

Giving that cheap goal away was mental and pure Everton, I mean we can never win a game easy can we, we were comfortable once the second goal goes in so of course we have to try and throw the game away….wont blame Lescott or Howard as they are two great players and are brilliantly consistent 90% of the time.

Larissa started pushing up and made one or two tactical substitutions and your thinking oh crap here we go we're going to start getting/defending deeper and deeper and undo ourselves by letting an average side have too many chances and give them a draw.

Thankfully Anichebe was brilliant up front again and we were home and dry...great strength, touch and composure yet again.

I wouldn’t have felt comfortable if it had stayed 2-1 with Stubbsey as that would have sent a signal and we would have got more and more defensive…..so thank fook for the goal.

It would be easy to have the illusion that we controlled the game, but we never control games no matter what the score….watching Everton is like being on a rollercoaster ride and not knowing whether you are going up or down.

Anichebe should be starting every game on the basis of his current form, he is playing brilliant for the team, in linking play and in scoring and no other Everton player can say they are doing that. I thought Baines was excellent, Arteta brilliant, Carsley FAR better than either Neville or Jagielka, he really showed his experience with Ireland in Europe and was well disciplined. Osman brilliant and non existent in equal measure- but probably suits a 5 in midfield even if more of our players don’t. Not sure we can afford Osman in a 4-4-2 given he is lightweight and goes missing, Pienar played well at times but needs more time at the club. Great to see Cahill back. Graveson completely lacks positional discipline and ran round like a headless chicken causing us problems, big difference between him an Cahill- Cahill gets into more advanced positions to score and tackles back and works for the team while mad dog just runs around like his name suggests….good passer but when Cahill went off and he came on we had more defensive problems.

Important win….But Moyes stop messing around with constant formation changes in Europe and attack teams that are defensively weak and toothless going forward when a goal up- not drop deeper and deeper.

Happy with the result, made-up with Cahill being back and scoring, love the second goal and great for Achinebe again….lots of plusses, but equally tactically still naïve and as a team we are sometime set up wrong and nervous as a result….

The main positives then the result and some of the individual performances…the downsides tactical, the old defending the lead and getting nervous problem and not keeping the ball on the deck enough when required.

good post that, great result watched it with blue3life few bevvies and enjoyed the game throughly, hibbert is a shocker need to get rid of him in jan or he'll be there for the rest of his career lol eh unc, good times!!!!!

COYB

PS welcome back tiny tim, and what a goal by ossie!

77499620.jpg

AYE good night last night nick!!! superb at times we never do it the easy way ha!

you got it spot on van as always!!!

Last edited:

good post that, great result watched it with blue3life few bevvies and enjoyed the game throughly, hibbert is a shocker need to get rid of him in jan or he'll be there for the rest of his career lol eh unc, good times!!!!!

COYB

PS welcome back tiny tim, and what a goal by ossie!

I thought Hibbert was your unsung hero? My mate is a BITTER blue, season ticket holder and he swears Hibbert is way underrated and should be playing for England. Load of shit if you ask me :lol:

I thought Hibbert was your unsung hero? My mate is a BITTER blue, season ticket holder and he swears Hibbert is way underrated and should be playing for England. Load of shit if you ask me :lol:

Bitter blue....:lol: whats that fuck sake!!! mate we all bitter when we get beat! no more so than the RED-SHITE..

FERG.jpg

He's bitter by his own admission, and not just after derby's either :)

He's bitter by his own admission, and not just after derby's either :)

The tendencies have been bitter blues and arrogant reds.

The real football fans who are red or blue are in the middle, notice I said football and not just one of our teams;)

I don't really know many arrogant reds to be honest. Maybe it's just my friends, but the reds I know are pretty laid back and don't bother going on about Liverpool.

Whereas my mate is ultra-bitter and goes the match with a set of lads who make my mate look like a neutral! I've refused to go out drinking with him when he's with those lads because they're so obsessed with going on about Liverpool and trying to make out Everton are a better team, it's ridiculous and a waste of time.

I think Liverpool fans are more likely to admit Everton are doing well in the league/cup/whatever and praise an Everton player than blues are likely to return the gesture. An example being if Lescott or Johnson play for England, then great. They can both be good players when they play well and I'll cheer them on when they play an International. But my mate won't cheer if Gerrard scores for England, he just sits there quiet and won't say a thing. He'll never say Liverpool played well, never say a particular player is good and Everton players are always better than their Liverpool counterparts.

Going as far as saying Lescott is better than Carragher, Carsley is better than Sissoko and Arteta is better than Gerrard and Alonso. Lescott and Arteta are good players (especially Arteta) but he's quite wrong on those claims I feel. And don't get me started on Carsley. Apparantly because I don't see Carsley every week, I can't see how good he really is :lol:

just one person you speak off! theres good and bad in every body
surely you must realise this...:roll:

I'm talking about his group of friends too, about six of them. All the same, well in fact worse than my mate. Workmates have been the same, quick to gloat when something happens to Liverpool, but never known Liverpool fans to gloat at Everton. It's always been that way. The reason being Liverpool fans are used to winning while Everton aren't. So when Everton lose, it's nothing unusual so why should we laugh at you? Nothing to laugh at, it's typical of you. But we win a lot, so when we lose then it's obviously it's a break from the norm and something that not normally happens, hence the mocking when we lose.

Which is daft because it gets boring when Everton go on and on and keep trying to crack jokes. We've been used to Everton fans being bitter and waiting for the slightest opportunity for us to slip up. Everton don't mean as much to reds now as they used to. Rafa was right, you are a small club ;)

I don't really know many arrogant reds to be honest. Maybe it's just my friends, but the reds I know are pretty laid back and don't bother going on about Liverpool.

Yes maybe it is.

Whereas my mate is ultra-bitter and goes the match with a set of lads who make my mate look like a neutral! I've refused to go out drinking with him when he's with those lads because they're so obsessed with going on about Liverpool and trying to make out Everton are a better team, it's ridiculous and a waste of time.

This is anecdotal though isn’t it?

I mean first of all your friends are just a few people and your mate and his friends are just a few people. As such they are not representative of Liverpool and Everton fans as a whole are they? Also you must admit that you as a Liverpool fan will have some selective bias in the evaluation of such things, just as I will as an Evertonian- even if it is unknown to us and subconscious.

I must say that my experience is the complete reverse of yours, but I realize my own selective bias maybe a factor and I also realize that the people I know like the people you know are not a true representation and the full picture when it comes to both sets of fans.

I think Liverpool fans are more likely to admit Everton are doing well in the league/cup/whatever and praise an Everton player than blues are likely to return the gesture. An example being if Lescott or Johnson play for England, then great. They can both be good players when they play well and I'll cheer them on when they play an International. But my mate won't cheer if Gerrard scores for England, he just sits there quiet and won't say a thing. He'll never say Liverpool played well, never say a particular player is good and Everton players are always better than their Liverpool counterparts.

Anecodotal. I for instance have never come across what you have spoken of regarding the national team and I do not think Liverpool fans are more likely to admit Everton are doing well, an Evertonian I have experienced the reverse of this from the majority of Liverpool fans that I know. Maybe I would be better talking to you and your friends in this virtual world and maybe you would find that easier also than your mate and his mates down the pub. The point is, both our experiences are the reverse of one another or substantially different and both are anecdotal and not representative of all the fans in the city or the true overall balance and general feeling of the respective fans.

Going as far as saying Lescott is better than Carragher, Carsley is better than Sissoko and Arteta is better than Gerrard and Alonso. Lescott and Arteta are good players (especially Arteta) but he's quite wrong on those claims I feel. And don't get me started on Carsley. Apparantly because I don't see Carsley every week, I can't see how good he really is :lol:

But you have your own selective bias as I have mine so?

I mean I personally think that on current form that Lescott is at least as good as Carragher, even though he has not been better in terms of historically/for a sustained period. I think Sissoko is better than Carsley now and for the future, but I think Carsley a couple of seasons back was as good as Sissoko has been thus far. Arteta is better than Alonso period and is as good as Gerrard but a totally different player.

But what is the point in this as it is off the original subject and we both have our own selective bias.

theres good and bad in every body

We all know that people are the same
wherever you go
There's good and bad in everyone
We learn to live, we learn to give each other
What we need to survive
Together alive

Oops sorry they are the Paul Mcartney lyrics to Ebony and Ivory Hehe
True True though mate :)

I'm talking about his group of friends too, about six of them. All the same, well in fact worse than my mate.

Wow all 6 people!!! Maybe medical trials could pass a medicine if it was successful on 6 people….Ooops oh no sorry. They would never do that because it doesn’t represent anything approaching evidence in terms of a control group, because the numbers are anecdotal.
I can go and find 6 Liverpool fans I know that are out and out racists does that mean ergo that all Liverpool fans are racists?

I can also go and find 2 Liverpool fans I know that are Police officers who are up on charges at the moment, does that mean ergo that all Liverpool fans are dodgy Police officers?

Workmates have been the same, quick to gloat when something happens to Liverpool, but never known Liverpool fans to gloat at Everton.
:

That is funny I am pishing myself. Trust me LOTS of Liverpool fans gloat and give Everton fans tons of shit, I guarantee every Blue here can confirm this has happened to them. Maybe you don’t see it because A) your particular friends don’t do that or B) because you wouldn’t be on the end of it as a Liverpool supporter or C) Maybe you have enormous red tinted spectacles on and you see the world with a red vision.
I guarantee it is one of more of the above.

It's always been that way. The reason being Liverpool fans are used to winning while Everton aren't. So when Everton lose, it's nothing unusual so why should we laugh at you? Nothing to laugh at, it's typical of you. But we win a lot, so when we lose then it's obviously it's a break from the norm and something that not normally happens, hence the mocking when we lose. :

The fact of the matter is bad Liverpool fans tend to be arrogant given your greater level of success, whereas bad Evertonians are bitter because of us having had less success.
But your categorization of fans is lame, one sided and ludicrous. Would you say the same thing about Muslims and Christians or Black people and white people etc.

Which is daft because it gets boring when Everton go on and on and keep trying to crack jokes. We've been used to Everton fans being bitter and waiting for the slightest opportunity for us to slip up. Everton don't mean as much to reds now as they used to. Rafa was right, you are a small club ;)

You start off with a naïve and one sided point and you have built yourself up throughout the mail so that you have reached your crescendo here, which is why my opinion of you has completely changed as I have read and then commented upon what you have had to say as you reached the end of your mail.

The final point of your mail is a huge insult to all Evertonians and this as you know full well is an Everton thread. But you knew this full well and you knew you were being a cheeky wind up merchant.

You are utterly deluded, your points are anecodotal, you have selective and subconscious bias that you do not understand, you are moaning and pushing a wholly unrepresentative picture and finally you have glowing red massive red tinted specs on for your insult at the end.

Well done you have just become exactly what you have been trying to condemn, namely one of the shite type of fans.

Like I said it tends to be arrogant reds and bitter blues.

You have just showed that you are a very arrogant red by making that insult and your one sided though make me think that actually you are probably a very arrogant red with your friends a lot of the time and as such just as bad as the very friends that you complain about.

Now do us a favour and fuck off out the thread will you- there’s a good chap.

I don't want to speak to the worst type of fans...neither an arrogant red or bitter blue ;)

Last edited:

:shock: You could not afford him peter :lol: easy win today didnt break sweat even , still it was expected...

Can we have him please?

Nice one Peter:applause:

To be fair Gerrard is looking very good for you at the moment- great striker for the opener.

:shock: You could not afford him peter :lol: easy win today didnt break sweat even , still it was expected...

Be great to see it on match of the day 2 mate.

Good to see Yak on the score sheet as well.

My brother saw Yakubu out cycling with a car ahead of him and training staff telling him to work it......so I am guessing they are trying to get him a little bit trimer so he can get back to the his best form- which in my view was at Portsmouth.

Anyway good for him to get on the scoresheet and good to get back to winning way in the prem.

I'll swap you Clattenburg and Momo Sissoko. Afterall, you wanted him in the first place! :D

Debry were dire. Stroll in the park.

Debry were dire. Stroll in the park.

Probably, but how many times over the years have Liverpool, Everton and many other sides gone away to a poor relegation bound teams and only come away with a point?

Also we are fairly new to the mid week European game that is then followed up by an away trip so...

Good to get the points in the bag with a few nice goals, apparently the first goal is very good.

have to go some to be better than the second one we scored mid week though.

the osman goal againt larrisa was beautiful! It was very easy today a real stroll around 3 points away very important.

Away game against AZ will be difficult. Hate the new UEFA CUP format, love that its a group league before knock-out but hate the one off games with no 2nd leg. Our most difficult game will be away from home, its just not right i say!

Good idea with this thread by the way, i've been here years but never thought to open one dedicated to all things blue. :applause:

Think we'll see some good results come our way with cahill and grav back, nevile and jags in the center of the field are going to create fuk all, also think with them back that it takes the pressure off arteta which is always a good thing. anyhoo COYB!!

Yes maybe it is.

This is anecdotal though isn’t it?

I mean first of all your friends are just a few people and your mate and his friends are just a few people. As such they are not representative of Liverpool and Everton fans as a whole are they? Also you must admit that you as a Liverpool fan will have some selective bias in the evaluation of such things, just as I will as an Evertonian- even if it is unknown to us and subconscious.

I must say that my experience is the complete reverse of yours, but I realize my own selective bias maybe a factor and I also realize that the people I know like the people you know are not a true representation and the full picture when it comes to both sets of fans.

Anecodotal. I for instance have never come across what you have spoken of regarding the national team and I do not think Liverpool fans are more likely to admit Everton are doing well, an Evertonian I have experienced the reverse of this from the majority of Liverpool fans that I know. Maybe I would be better talking to you and your friends in this virtual world and maybe you would find that easier also than your mate and his mates down the pub. The point is, both our experiences are the reverse of one another or substantially different and both are anecdotal and not representative of all the fans in the city or the true overall balance and general feeling of the respective fans.

But you have your own selective bias as I have mine so?

I mean I personally think that on current form that Lescott is at least as good as Carragher, even though he has not been better in terms of historically/for a sustained period. I think Sissoko is better than Carsley now and for the future, but I think Carsley a couple of seasons back was as good as Sissoko has been thus far. Arteta is better than Alonso period and is as good as Gerrard but a totally different player.

But what is the point in this as it is off the original subject and we both have our own selective bias.

We all know that people are the same
wherever you go
There's good and bad in everyone
We learn to live, we learn to give each other
What we need to survive
Together alive

Oops sorry they are the Paul Mcartney lyrics to Ebony and Ivory Hehe
True True though mate :)

Wow all 6 people!!! Maybe medical trials could pass a medicine if it was successful on 6 people….Ooops oh no sorry. They would never do that because it doesn’t represent anything approaching evidence in terms of a control group, because the numbers are anecdotal.
I can go and find 6 Liverpool fans I know that are out and out racists does that mean ergo that all Liverpool fans are racists?

I can also go and find 2 Liverpool fans I know that are Police officers who are up on charges at the moment, does that mean ergo that all Liverpool fans are dodgy Police officers?

That is funny I am pishing myself. Trust me LOTS of Liverpool fans gloat and give Everton fans tons of shit, I guarantee every Blue here can confirm this has happened to them. Maybe you don’t see it because A) your particular friends don’t do that or B) because you wouldn’t be on the end of it as a Liverpool supporter or C) Maybe you have enormous red tinted spectacles on and you see the world with a red vision.
I guarantee it is one of more of the above.

The fact of the matter is bad Liverpool fans tend to be arrogant given your greater level of success, whereas bad Evertonians are bitter because of us having had less success.
But your categorization of fans is lame, one sided and ludicrous. Would you say the same thing about Muslims and Christians or Black people and white people etc.

You start off with a naïve and one sided point and you have built yourself up throughout the mail so that you have reached your crescendo here, which is why my opinion of you has completely changed as I have read and then commented upon what you have had to say as you reached the end of your mail.

The final point of your mail is a huge insult to all Evertonians and this as you know full well is an Everton thread. But you knew this full well and you knew you were being a cheeky wind up merchant.

You are utterly deluded, your points are anecodotal, you have selective and subconscious bias that you do not understand, you are moaning and pushing a wholly unrepresentative picture and finally you have glowing red massive red tinted specs on for your insult at the end.

Well done you have just become exactly what you have been trying to condemn, namely one of the shite type of fans.

Like I said it tends to be arrogant reds and bitter blues.

You have just showed that you are a very arrogant red by making that insult and your one sided though make me think that actually you are probably a very arrogant red with your friends a lot of the time and as such just as bad as the very friends that you complain about.

Now do us a favour and fuck off out the thread will you- there’s a good chap.

I don't want to speak to the worst type of fans...neither an arrogant red or bitter blue ;)

Mate, you really have taken things a bit too seriously you know :) To have gone and quoted so much, well it wasn't needed. And surely anyone should be able to see that my last paragraph was a joke, especially if you read earlier than I can appreciate the good sides of Everton. The last thing I'd then go and say is that you're a small club, it was tongue-in-cheek and obviously the joke went over you in your anger. Nevermind eh? :)

Back
Top Bottom