Everton Thread

Re: Everton Thread

A great result away to Bolton and second in the table Hehe

The performace wasn't great but....

Yak gets a goal on his debut
Piennar made a decent debut as well
Jags did a good job at right back...way better than Hibbert
Lescott gets another goal and it is set up by Mad dog.
Yak and Johnson looks like it could be a decent partnership.
With Jags and Baines- we have full-backs that can go forward.

I see it as a sign of real improvement that we can go to Bolton away, play poor and yet still win. We can have a quiet game from Arteta but still do the business.

Last edited:

I guess it wasn't to be today, always going to be tough, especially with them getting players like Saha and now Ronaldo back.

That said in past years we would have definitely lost and the only issue would have been the scoreline. The fact that we are hoping to get something, coupled with how close the game was and that we are a little disappointed shows the great strides we have taken in the right direction.

Ferguson said after the game quote

"We are delighted with the win because people will see a very improved Everton this season. Teams will find it very hard coming here.

No draw, but I think the above comment form Fergy shows just how much things are starting to go the right way for us.

Last edited:

Hmm dont know what to say really! Why did the ref disallow aj`s perfect penalty? only to make him take it again sayin there where a few players in the area , sure that always happens! should have been 2-0 and game over , digusted at the level of refing these days , costing clubs millions of pounds in revenue, so aj takes again and misses , this time there where more players in the box than the first time! no excuse for missing the second though , ah well all to do in 2ng leg , missing alot of big game players last night howard , arteta , gravensen and stubbs to name but a few!

Hmm dont know what to say really! Why did the ref disallow aj`s perfect penalty? only to make him take it again sayin there where a few players in the area , sure that always happens! should have been 2-0 and game over , digusted at the level of refing these days , costing clubs millions of pounds in revenue, so aj takes again and misses , this time there where more players in the box than the first time! no excuse for missing the second though , ah well all to do in 2ng leg , missing alot of big game players last night howard , arteta , gravensen and stubbs to name but a few!

Totally agree mate.

We were very poor but I have heard people saying you can't blame the ref...but Err we quite clearly can because we won the game if the first pen is not disallowed and there was absolutely zero wrong with it from an Everton perspective.

Yes we played poorly, but the ref was an absolute loon and I am sick of this happening to us after the Collina Feruson incident. We seem to always get a ref having an absolute mare.

The ref had no idea what he was doing in that match he just totally lost it. No wonder AJ missed the succeeding pens made to re-take the first one for nothing at all and then delayed an age on the re-take and the second one while the ref checked that players were not a toe inside the box....total and sick joke. The you have the other cast iron penalty that he ignored on Achinebe....sick.

P.S

Why play Carsley alongside Neville in a game against at home against muppets and why play a new formation in such a big game?

Terrible decisions from Moyes....and Hibbert...don't get me started.

i was at the game, the performance was a disgrace, so bad i walked out 10mins before the end, this was after queing for 90mins with my kopite girlfriend to pickup tickets i ordered a week before, a disgrace of a night.

McFaden and the Yak should start at the weekend and see if they can carry on where they left off tonight. Johnson should start from the bench and have to get his place back.

Agreed looks like aj suffers with confidence like dare i say it Beattie, mcfadden looks better every year , yes stick with these two (for now) at least.

A few everton themed start screens i made today , info how to insert on first post on this thread, stevie - g looks a lil down there! :lol:

ha.png

Everton going 2 - 0 up against the red shite! ;)

abcd0006je7copy.png

Hmmm Everton 2 - 0 boro simply put , this was more like it! stubbs cementing the back four as usual (two clean sheets since he came back) and arteta showing the genius he is in the middle of the park! nice to see pinnarr score and lescott again , only worry for me is the fact the yak looks fatter than ever and he dont look like he gives a fuck!....pisses me off big time, moyes will drop his sorry ass again if he dont get the finger out!

Hmmm Everton 2 - 0 boro simply put , this was more like it! stubbs cementing the back four as usual (two clean sheets since he came back) and arteta showing the genius he is in the middle of the park! nice to see pinnarr score and lescott again , only worry for me is the fact the yak looks fatter than ever and he dont look like he gives a fuck!....pisses me off big time, moyes will drop his sorry ass again if he dont get the finger out!

I was thinkin how fat and lazy yak was looking too mate. I looked back to how he looked in his spell at Portsmough and his first years at Boro and he does need to lose weight big time!!

That said I honestly think despite his lazy manner that if you thread the ball in for him he will score and the same goes for Johnson.

For me it is no coincidence that Everton have turned Beatie, Johnson and to a lesser degree Yak into players that don't score.

WE simply do not provide enough quality in the way of short passing and play on the deck to help good players score goals. Arteta is one of the few that can do that for us and Pienar helped in that area big time as well.

But continuing to play two defencive players in midfield who can't pass is a disaster!! if we want to see goals and good football.

We hav to many plays who are crap at passing a ball.

I can accept Stubs because his defensive ability is key. But I cannot accept Hibbert anymore and I cannot accept two def mids who can't pass and I cannot accept Phil Neville in centre mid.

For me I would be much happier seeing Phil Neville at right back, hibbert droped, have you ever seen a defender panic more and whack it up front to an opposing player than hibbert?

I would play Pienar on the right (Osman for his odd goal and good first touch is poor getting back, light weight, not a good enough paser and has no pace). Arteta on the left, great coming inside and allows Baines on the overlap and I would play Carsley behind Graveson or Cahill when back.

Achinebe is the one striker looking good at the moment, brilliant at holding the ball up and playing a pass and very difficult to play against in the air...alomst unplayable.

For me given form he should start at the minute.

Yak needs to get fit, Mc fadent needs to prove himself on a consistent basis and do more to stop running into blind alleys and Johnson needs to find form.

So for me Anichebe with maybe Johnson (at least he will give work rate if not on form) and the other despite a good carling cup outing against inferior opposition need to do a lot more.

To continue to play 2 from 3...Jagielka, Neville, Carsley in the middle in mental unless against the likes of Chelsea or Man Utd away and needs to be droped.

P.S

Thank god for Lescott...brilliant again, thak god for Arteta and also for Stubbs (pure Evertonian).

The first half made me feel physically sick.

We have to play FAR better, collectively and individually.

I am very unhappy with how Moyes has tinkered in the European games without any need at all.

Lescott should go back to centre back, Baines should be playing and Anichebe is FAR better than Yakubu at the moment and should be on instead of Yak or McFadden.

Could talk all the tactics in the world but when you can't even pick out a blue shirt with a pass and you are panicing and hoofing it, defending too depeep and not making tackles then what is the point.....

But screw it cause Lescott has scored again Yihar!!!!!!

Fookin get in!!!

Hope they can improve an take the game to them.

Oh look no defence at all whatsoever again!!!

Moyes has to take one of the center backs off and move Lescott inside...this is pathetic play in the centre of defence!!!

Why no Baines? Why Lescott at left back...no change after 57mins of cock-ups.

YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been utter shite but we now have a chance on the away goals rule....but can we defend at all :shock:

Last edited:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodnight Vienna!!!!

I have never seen such a one sided game go the other way in all my years of watching Everton. :lmao:

We should have got beat about 8-1:shock:

That ref who screwed us over in the first leg like Collina in the champions league can go stuff himself :lol:

We should have been 2-0 and home and dry from the first leg and Metalist deserved nowt at all from the first leg so it all squares up.

agreed the game was done and dusted in the first leg, dont be to harsh was shocked at the ability of the mentalist team , delighted with anachibe and how he turned the game around and once again digusted with the yak , he just cant be bothered.

agreed the game was done and dusted in the first leg, dont be to harsh was shocked at the ability of the mentalist team , delighted with anachibe and how he turned the game around and once again digusted with the yak , he just cant be bothered.

Yea the game should have been over from the first leg and would have been had the Johnson penalty have stood. I mean at 2-0 we would have had no need to press them and they would not have got the counter for that one goal...plus well of course it would have been an extra goal at home.

But!

Mate...last night was TERRIBLE football from us.

We could easily have been beaten by more than we did against Dinamo. In fact it was a similar performace int eh first half and part of the second.

The only reason we didn't get screwed was that Lescott got a goal from nothing as did Faddy.

In getting those goals the game was turned on its head and we were able to change the formation in order to cope with them. The anichebe performance and goal were brilliant, but let's not fool ourselves that we played well. No way on earth did we deserve anything from the game.

We can be thankful that they were defensively so fragile and that we made the most of our limited opportunities, thankful too for their wasteful finnishing.

The fact that a team in our position and experience cannot cope with something as simple as a formation involving a spare man in midfield is alarming.

Don't get me wrong, made up we have got to the group stage and made up by some of our players commitment etc and we might have deserved to go through on the basis of the first leg...but even so we stunk yesterday for the most part.

Metalist were a decent side no doubt about it, but I think we helped them look a lot better than they are with terrible passing and poor tackling and a lack of organisation.

Neville was pathetic again, even at right back. His distribution of the ball is comical and getting as bad as hibbert. Jagielka had a nightmare of a game and is not a centre mid, Yobo was plain awful and Yak was lazy, overweight and a little uninterested with poor control. Even Arteta struggled, he can be forgiven given he has come back from injury and it is just one quiet game....Osman was non existant and lightweight. I see Osman as a squad player for the right hand side and nothing more after this game. I have seen him fail to cemente a place in the team far too often. I think Osman is a player who would do brilliantly in the Championship, but I am not sure he is premiership quality (great first touch and scores a few but passing, tackling etc leave a lot to be desired and he has no pace or dribbling ability).

Howard was brilliant, Lescott brilliant and Anichebe was stunning, strong, controlled, great in the air and what composure for the finish.
Faddy was poor for most of the game but showed what class he can offer and turned the game. Pienar is getting better with each game

We seriously miss Johnson, Cahill, Graveson and why Carsley or Baines wasn't playing and not playing from the strat respectively I just don't understand.

Moyes has managed these two games very poorly in my opinion. He has tinkered with formations and player positions and added to the problems with have had.

I do not blame the performance on tactics and formation, but I do think that Moyes added to our problems and disharmony by tinkering.

We have a LOT to learn about European football.

Anichebe MUST start in the team now. I think he should be paired ahead of Faddy and that Yak should be a sub. Johnson should have time to come back after his latest injury and we can see where he fits into things.

A good draw for us mate, could of been a lot worse.

AZ are a big danger and have a decent manager in Van Gaal and Larissa did knock Blackburn out so...

I just hope that we can do ok whether we get through the group or not. I really hope we can adapt and play decent footbal and not get mullered....obviously injuries and getting back the likes of Johnson, Cahill is key.

Coming on the back of the Russia penalty in mid week what can you say apart from another disgraceful referrring performance.

Gerrard spoke to the ref and the ref changed his mind and sent off Hibbert. Don't get me wrong definite penalty and maybe Hibbert should be sent off, but no referree should change their decision on the basis of what a players says- disgrace number 1.

Kuyt challenge...seriously how is that not a red card? It doesn't matter about connection, watch that on match of the day seriously- 100% red card not given disgrace number 2.

Lescott being held back back Carra, it was a penalty, not a disgrace but a mistake by the ref.

Liverpool start getting and top and played the better football, but I think we defended quite well and still tried to go forward on the counter...not bad considering the 10 men.

Penalty and sending off for Nevill spot on agree with that...would this be the situation though if Hibbert was on the pitch, or if Kuyt was sent off, it Lescots pen was given?

Anyway you're 2-1 to the good no matter what and then....

Lescott is draged backward and over by Carr fucking wrestling him to the ground....100% penalty...of course nothing given...disgrace number 3.

Bottom line ------------

You might as well of had Kop referreing the match....you might as well have given all the major decisions to every Liverpool fan at Goodison Park via an ask the audience (who wants to be a millionaire styly).

That a fair result or match....fucking sick joke more like it.

A fair result would of been 2-2. I'm sick of Liverpool at the moment. I'm quite embarassed that we needed two penalties and a clear decision gone our way at the other end to get the result.

You have to remember that your goal came out of nothing and was freakish at best.

Fair do mate but like i said on your thread i hoped today would not be about f*** ups by some stupid ref, strange game , if i was red i would have went mad when he took gerrard off but then you won and we lost ....gutted!

If I was Moyes I would be waiting by the phone on Monday morning for a call from ref's supremo Keith Hackett.

If he can bring himself to apologise to Bitternez for the Chelski pen at analfield, he should be down on his knees begging forgiveness for his ref's performance in today's game, which was as one-sided a display as I've ever seen. Two stone wall penalties turned down, Sloth's two-footed lunge, and the allowing the ladyboy to influence Hibbo's red card decision.

If Rob Styles was stood down for a week, Clattenberg, shouldn't be allowed to officiate for the rest of the season. Absolute disgrace.....

Last edited:

A fair result would of been 2-2. I'm sick of Liverpool at the moment. I'm quite embarassed that we needed two penalties and a clear decision gone our way at the other end to get the result.

You have to remember that your goal came out of nothing and was freakish at best.

In all honesty I don't think you can have a fair result when that many huge decisions are wrong. As a referee I think the guy has just turned the game into a farce. At the end of the match we should have had clowns on unicycles come on with midgets and trapeze artists and Clattenburg could have been given custard pies to throw at the Evertonians.

I have no problems in the big decision that went Liverpols way because they were correct, but the Kuyt incident and the two penalties added to that the fact Clattenburg changed the colour of the card based on what Gerrard said. It should have been a red card, but the fact he changed his mind on the basis of what a Liverpool player said....you add all that up and fo me you have the most one sided refereeing performace I have ever seen.

Anyway Peter as per usual your a credit and a proper decent fan....cheers mate :applause:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom