Everton Thread

Re: Everton Thread

Buying Yakubu is not a mistake if his record is anything to go by. He scored more goals in the last 3 years than anyone other than Henry and for the most part he has done that in Boro side that has offered little service apart from the left wing in Downing. Maybe you know more though?

What hass pizzed me right off though is the fact that Everton were clearly in the driving seat in the negotiations but never realised it. Once again Everton show that they could not negotiate a pint a larger at a bar with a tenner.

We should have stuck to our guns and reffused to pay a penny more than our original offer cause Yakubu was usless to Boro anymore and they were in danger of being stuck with a striker who would devalue fast and they needed the money to get in a replacement for Yak- as in Alves or whoever it turns out to be. Plus witht he money we had we could have threatened to scupper any deal they were in on, plus no one else had even matched the 10.5 mill we bid in the first place..

Great to get Yak, but Kenwright is an absolute mong when it comes to negotiating.

If Kenwright ever played poker he would fold Aces pre flop in someone bet into him...that's how thick and how much of a bottler he is.

The stats cover Yak in glory, but over the last two years both the fans and the club have lost patience in him. If you closer at the stats, you'll realise how many of his goals come from penalties, as well as the fact last season he contributed only two assists.

Overall, he has a attitude problem as well as a weight problem, is useless in the air and has the worst first touch I've ever seen from a professional, and is generally an all-round lazy player, why Bill Kenwright is willing to part 11.25mil is beyond belief, especially up here on Teesside.

On his day he can beat anybody, I remember him single-handedly tearing Chelsea apart a year and a half ago when we stuffed them 3-0, if he played like that all the time he'd be worth 20m, but he was just too bloody lazy to build on such performances.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but good luck, if anyone can get him playing, it's David Moyes, although he may have bitten off more than he can chew, a feeling Yakubu has probably never experienced...

The stats cover Yak in glory, but over the last two years both the fans and the club have lost patience in him. If you closer at the stats, you'll realise how many of his goals come from penalties, as well as the fact last season he contributed only two assists.

Overall, he has a attitude problem as well as a weight problem, is useless in the air and has the worst first touch I've ever seen from a professional, and is generally an all-round lazy player, why Bill Kenwright is willing to part 11.25mil is beyond belief, especially up here on Teesside.

On his day he can beat anybody, I remember him single-handedly tearing Chelsea apart a year and a half ago when we stuffed them 3-0, if he played like that all the time he'd be worth 20m, but he was just too bloody lazy to build on such performances.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but good luck, if anyone can get him playing, it's David Moyes, although he may have bitten off more than he can chew, a feeling Yakubu has probably never experienced...

Whn you lads had mclaren and at the start of Southgates regime- you offered very little in the way of support to either Yakubu or Viduka- very much a flat defensive midfield. So to be fair i think during that time both Yakubu and Viduka did brilliantly for you. Whether or no Yakubu has been poor since Southgate started to get the balance better and attack a bit more I can't say because I haven't seen as many of your games. Maybe your right and Yakbu hasn't pulled his weight since then I don't know.

That said his stats are still impressive and I have never agreed with this argument that if a player takes penalties you can't regard the goals as theirs or their record as good. Andy Johnson scored over twenty for Palace when they were in the premiership before we got him and as a striker he won most of them himself and I am sure that Yakubu would have on at least half the penalties at Boror. I think most of your pens ould have come from him and Viduka getting pulled down because of the quality of their dribbling and movement.

I am very pleased that we have got Yakubu, what I am not happy about is the price. I think the price is over the top and I think that if we come to seel him in say three or four years time that we will have lost a lot of money on him.

In fact to make it worth the money he does have to score a bucket load of goals, or at least do enough to keep our UEFA cup conquest on track....otherwise it is bad business.

P.S

I thought the chew comment was very funny mate and you may well be right about his weight and sometimes his lack of application. Crossing my fingers and hoping he can do a good job for us heer at Everton.

Enjoy the money and buy Alves! If it was up to me I would have no paid the extra dough you were rinnnging out of us for Yakubu and would have scuppered your deal and bough Alves from under you cause of the price tag and what he did at Herreven last season.

Like I said, get Yakubu up and playing and he can beat anyone on his day,
David Moyes has a reputation for getting the best out of players, if he can get the best out of the Yak, Everton have the potential to break the top 4.

Reading through my last posts, all I've preached is doom and gloom, thats just the result of his attitude over the last season-and-a-half which has been poor at best. Maybe I've been a bit harsh on him because after all, he does have the ability, he only lacks the application.

I hope he does well for you (except against us)and all the best with your new signing ;)

About Alves, yeah I hope we pick this guy up too, he looks a right monster ! :cool: Up front with Mido would be a partnership to fear

Like I said, get Yakubu up and playing and he can beat anyone on his day,
David Moyes has a reputation for getting the best out of players, if he can get the best out of the Yak, Everton have the potential to break the top 4.

Reading through my last posts, all I've preached is doom and gloom, thats just the result of his attitude over the last season-and-a-half which has been poor at best. Maybe I've been a bit harsh on him because after all, he does have the ability, he only lacks the application.

I hope he does well for you (except against us)and all the best with your new signing ;)

About Alves, yeah I hope we pick this guy up too, he looks a right monster ! :cool: Up front with Mido would be a partnership to fear

Spot on, well played mate.

If you get Alves you should be very happy.

Does anyone know how old Yakubu actually is? The papers said 26, I had heard 27 and the Everton site said 24...a bit confusing- like what happened with Martins.

Last edited:

Sometimes our club is run by fookin muppets.

They announce that the vote on Kirby will be given at 10.30on the official site. But does the offical site work at 10.30?

Of course it doesn't cause they can't handle the traffic they are getting from all the Evertonians trying to access the site....total mongs!!!

All they had to do was anticipate the issue and hand out a prepaed press release for the bbc who could have coped with the hits and got us the frigin news.

Total amateur mongs in terms of PR!!!

Wha hey the site started running at 11.30.....we are moving to Kirby!

Last edited:

yeh was first reported on sky sports news this morning around 8.30 Good news though! we had no choice but to go or get left behind, its as simple as that , we wont forget Goodison park ....NO WAY!

yeh was first reported on sky sports news this morning around 8.30 Good news though! we had no choice but to go or get left behind, its as simple as that , we wont forget Goodison park ....NO WAY!

Exactly mate.

I have never understood all this Kirby isn't Liverpool stuff anyway...that is total craap.

Like I said in a thread in the main forum. If you went to a street corner in Kirby a told a load of lads they wern't from Liverpool you would last about 5 seconds hehe.

Kirby is where Gerrard and Alan Stubbs were born, it has an L postcode and is nearer to Goodison than most of the alternative sites in the city of Liverpool.

Added to which if you count Liverpool as only the city council bit then Liverpool would actually be a tiny city of less than about half a million people....which it isn't.

Also places like Huyton are further away from Goodison than Kirby.....

Another point is that Man Utd are in Traford not Manchester council....but nobody suggests they are any less mancunian..

Everton and Kirby are 100% Liverpool....besides which Kirby ain't fookin Norway or Denmark or frigin Nottigham or half way down the M1 etc where half of the reds fans come from :lmao:

Glad to have got the point today......treading water until Yakubu is allowed to play and Fernandes is signed.

After the week we have had I think its just good to put this one behind us having Jags and Baines got their debuts out of the way.

P.S

Why on earth does Yakubu need to apply for a work permit when he is coming from bloody Boro? He has been in the UK for three years, but just because he changes his employer he requires a new permit....laughable.

Another point is that Man Utd are in Traford not Manchester council....but nobody suggests they are any less mancunian..

Some City fans do, but it's usually a last resort.
I think the post code makes the difference. You'll still be in Liverpool, although some might say, not in Everton. Is Everton a town?
When I lived in Stockport, there were plans to move county to Hazel Grove which has a Stockport post code and a lot of people were for it, but a few years later there was talk of a move to Maine Road after Man City left and people got really pissed off.

Some City fans do, but it's usually a last resort.
I think the post code makes the difference. You'll still be in Liverpool, although some might say, not in Everton. Is Everton a town?
When I lived in Stockport, there were plans to move county to Hazel Grove which has a Stockport post code and a lot of people were for it, but a few years later there was talk of a move to Maine Road after Man City left and people got really pissed off.

Yea Everton is an area although many people would say Everton was just in Anfield given the proximity of the grounds, but its not. Everton is actually a sub district in Walton parish north Liverpool that pre-dates Liverpool itself. The last bit is irrelevant though given Everton is seen as one of the two football clubs in Liverpool by fans and neutrals alike.

A move to Kirby not only retains the Liverpool L postcode but it also keeps the club in North Liverpool, whereas the city council could quite easily offered a site in south Liverpool within the council city limits that was further away from the roots of the club.

I live in north Liverpool and much of north Liverpool falls into councils of the greater Liverpool area like Sefton and Knowsley (I live in the knowsley council area).

The funny thing has been over the years that there has been a form of snobbery at times over where a fan in liverpool comes from. I have heard many people from Huyton and areas in south Liverpool say to fans of either club when they hear that they come from north Liverpool and outside the city of liverpool;

“you’re NOT from Liverpool, you not a proper Evertonian or Liverpoodlian”.

The thing is not only are all the areas in north Liverpool still Liverpool having the L postcode (simple administration reasons for council being split the way they are).

But I live much nearer to Goodison park and in fact Anfield than anyone in Huyton and south Liverpool. I live in North Liverpool and Everton is in north Liverpool. I live nearer Everton than those in Huyton or Speake who have questioned my right to be an Evertonian and the fact is a move to Kirby is keeping Everton in north Liverpool.

For me Huyton is no more Liverpool than Bootle, Bootle is much nearer Goodison but that is Sefton Council. Seaforth is in Sefton council but that is where the docks are. But has anyone ever suggested that it is Sefton docks as opposed to Liverpool docks?

No one ever spoke of Sefton being the biggest port in the world in the 1800s, everyone knows it is the port of Liverpool.

Kirby, Bootle Walton, Seaforth….none of these places are any less integral to Liverpool or Everton football club than Huyton or Tuebrook or Toxteth.

The whole Liverpool city council argument has been made by small minded idiots who know sod all about the history and real geography of the city or the hearlands of support that make Everton what it is.

Last edited:

not bein funny m8 but thers nothin soft about kenwright he is a self made millionaire, that dont happen on its own lol, an as for the negotiations we dont hear half of wot actually goes on, i think we got a good striker at a good price but only time will tell.

If you use that logic then every single self made millionaire who is a football director is good at negotiating transfers.

We know that is patently not the case QED....the logic fails.

Kenwright is good at many things, he has showed loyalty and stood by Moyes through difficult times and ensured continuity at the club. He has also fronted the move to Kirby which in my view is spot on. But sorry but he is totally shit when it comes to negotiations...

It is a standing joke with most Evertonians that Kenwright can't negotiate anything properly in the way of transfers and that we always get held to ransom.

I will be happy if Yakubu gets his permit sorted out and happy if we get manny but I not havin this idea that Kenwright is a good negotiator cause that is horse shit.

He has made his money in in the theatre and TV not in the business world of negotiations, not in the financial world.

Saying Kenwright is a good negotiator because he is a self made millionaire is like saying that Sting, Elton John or Posh spice are shrewed negotiators and financial movers and that they would be good at negotiating transfers.

lol ok m8 wotever, just makes me laff wen sum jumped up little geek like urself has a bee in his bonnet over sumthin he obviously knows fak all about an spits his dummy out, but like i said wotever he he he.:lmao:

Who do you think you are.

What do you think gives you the right to talk like that? What makes you think you are more of a Evertonian or have a more worthy opinion?

You're a pathetic Saddo.

Does it make you feel big saying stuff like that Hiding behind your monitor?

Hey Saddo.

I tell you what mate you give me a phone number and I'll meet you anywhere you want mate and then you can get to say anything you want to me...

lol u really do make me laff m8, but 2 b honest ur startin 2 bore me now so get a life and swivel, much luv terry tibbs x p.s. dont accuse me of actin hard wen ur the 1 gettin agressive ha ha u r obviously provoked so go an calm down b 4 u get urself in a pickle

To be honest,he made his point in a clear and concise manner,you in turn,seemed way out of your depth and have came off with endless crap since,I also thought text talk was a banned in the rules.

listen ere chump, this is all about opinions, i happen 2 think sum1 who calls himself an evertonian i.e vanzandt then slates sum1 who has done more 4 the club than most i.e kenwright, deserves all the critism he gets, an thats my opinion so up urs, u geeks wiv ur intellectual opinions think ur all that but most the time ur full of sh*t as is the case ere, thank u an goodnite, mr tibbs

Care to decipher this gibberish:eh:

Nice one Jaime mate.

He acts like billy big bollox behind his monitor but when asked to put up he shows he's a little bottler. Any time you fancy it mate...just give me a phone number and you can see how long you get to chat to me.

I can't decipher his gibberish either because as well as being a little pimpled sh1thawk hiding behind his monitor he is also thick.

I gave my opinion nothin more nothin less.

I haven't said I have to be right or wrong but I am a proper Evertonian and as such entitled to my opinion on the club.

This litte man has an opinion too and I have no problem with him voicing it, but what gets me is when he tries to act the big man, call people for stuff and act like his opinion has greater worth when it doesn't.

Can he back up his opinion? No and his mouth signs cheques his body can't cash.

The passive agressive doesn't cut it either.....what little me I never said boo what is the matter etc....little man!

Actually that mobile number is on the blink...and I'm not giving some nob my home number.

Just give me your mobile number, I wont mess about we can just set up a time to meet, tonight if you like. Any pub you like in Walton.

Last edited:

:roll: Some of the chat on these threads never fails to amaze me, back on topic then, rumour has it manny has signed for valencia (gutted) seems the premier league have put a stop on it! after the carry on with tevez and co. some evertonians are sayin yak will fall through also that everton knew we could not sign manny and that yak wont get the permit required, some say these two major signings were anounced to get people all excited to then vote yes to kirby........:(

Probaly a blessing in disguise , i read on a benfica site that the fans said good ridance you can ave him , he is not loyal to any club! hmmmmm

Last edited:

Fernandes was the guest of Everton football club, said he would sign had his medical and the contracts were sat at the premier legaue to be studdied before being signed.

Fernandes then went and signed for Valencia.

The Spanish club were not held back by the third party problems and Valencia hijacked the deal with an immediate contract offer.

To be honest I am really glad that we have not got him, because if he was that much of a scumbag I think we have gotten away lightly from the deal....the whole thing is a farce where the Evertan fan is the one who is fooked over.

The problem now is getting someone as good as Fernandes in that position with the deadline looming.

Been thinkin on this more at what come sto mind is;

Everton have paid more for the third party ownership crisis than Man Utd or Liverpool.

They both got their players, Tevez was sorted as was Macherano.

In fact look how quickly the Macherano deal was sorted.

This deal has been sat at the premier league for so long as a result of the fall out of the Tevez affair that Valencia were able to waltz right in and hijack the whole deal.

On top of this with have the premier league denying Yakubu a visa and staling that transfer.

You know if Valencia fanced Yakubu, all they would need to do would be to pick up a phone to Southgate and he would be gone as well.

Yes Fernandes is a total twat with no loyalty whatsoever, but also the premier league are seriously screwing Everton over.

Would these things be happening if we were Liverpool or Man Utd?

Personally I don't think so.

P.S

If Kenwright didn't get manny to sign a pre contract or get his signiture at any time during his time at Everton over the last week or so then there is nothing binding and no compensation from Valencia or Benfica. If that is the case then Kenwright is absolutley fookin retarded!!

We should be in a similar position to that which Obi Mikel was when he moved from Man Utd to Chelsea, but I absolutely fookin guarentee we are not because the negotiations were completely fooked up and had all the professionalism that we see from Kenwright on these types of things. The contracts sat at the premier league should have had the clubs and mannys signiture of then...but they wont have.

Last edited:

Your not getting to me so I wouldn't bother. I was very annoyed at your stinking attitude when you first posted, but it is easy to see that your just a troll so give it up.

I rate Kenwright in terms of the stability/continuity he has given the club by sticking by Moyes and I think the move to Kirkby is the right one. At the same time I don't think he could negotiate a pint of larger at a bar with a tenner; I wish he would leave the negotiations to someone who is skilled at getting that side of things right.

So it is not black and white and I am not anti-Kenwright. It is just simple that he does fook up a lot that I wish he would stay out of.

Now that is an adult answer that you probably don't deserve and which will probably been throw back with some mong comment like "I've had ya ma" or such like....but that is my opinion.

How many transfer negotiations have we bodged in the last three years?

How many times have Everton transfers been leaked and been hijacked?

Why did we have Manny for two weeks and still not get any pre contract signature that would mean we would be eligable for compensation as seen with Obi Mikel?

Two weeks and we couldn't get his name on anything....

We have had moves for at least three holding midfielders scupped in the space of about four years...

Sissoko? Parker? now Manny.

I think Kenwright should stick to the general board stuff that he is very good at and we should have quality hired help to sort out transfers properly.

I don't think this was all Kenwrights fault either, the premier league have been awful and pissed around with the contracts, Manny was a scumbag and was at fault... but Kenwright has messed up too and he often deos on contracts..

P.S

Lets see if an adult answer can come back...

Ahh so your're a toffee ey Van, plastic or bonafide scouser??

still I can take evertonians over kopshite any day of the week....

Was suprised about the Manny situation, and like you say its not the first time Coranation St Ken has messed up a potentially cracking deal for you's..

Still yakubu is a great signing and will prolly be everything
beatty wasnt...

Whats the deal with Cahill???

Ahh so your're a toffee ey Van, plastic or bonafide scouser??

bonafide mate.

Hopefully my passion for footy and genuine love of the game comes through talkin about other clubs and players though and you can see that I talk about the game with genuine feeling and don't just act like a git going into other clubs threads to give shit about their team.

still I can take evertonians over kopshite any day of the week....

Haha no worries mate. This might actually suprise you, but I have nothing against Liverpool or the decent Liverpool fans. Just everything against the arrogant reds and the bitter blues, bad idiots and decent people both side of the divide and I think that goes for all clubs..

That doesn't mean I want Liverpool to do well, hell NO! They are our rivals and the bad reds give us down the banks if they have success, so unfortunately for the decent reds out there I don't want them winning anything. If they skirted just above the relegation zone but never got relegated I'd be happy.

That said I can watch a game and call the decisions properly without bias (according to my red mates) which is something quite decent to be able to say.

Mainly though I just want us/Everton to go places...but I like to watch and talk about footy generally and all teams. I love footy mate so I often like players from clubs that I would hate if I was bitter..would have loved a Solsjaer at Everton. Hoping the Yakubu deal will get sorted ASAP and he can hit the back of the net for us...hoping big time!

Was suprised about the Manny situation, and like you say its not the first time Coranation St Ken has messed up a potentially cracking deal for you's..

Gutted about the Manny situation to be honest. In a way I feel like we have also escaped, but only because he turned into a scum on us and the timing stinks as does our and the premier leagues handling of the situation.

Still yakubu is a great signing and will prolly be everything
beatty wasnt...

Whats the deal with Cahill???

Jeez I don't like to even mention his name in case a lack of goals catches. Be glad if and when Yakubu is sorted. Cahill is supposed to be on his way back, he had another one of these metatarsal injuries that got antogonised, I think we are looking at about a month.

We have finally got Yakubu. the work permit has been granted on appeal and he has signed a five year contract.

Hoping we can now add a quality holding midfielder who can pass the ball....given the manny affair.

Either way just hope we don't panic buy.

I don't know him,so I've no idea what you're on about,he seemed to be ignoring you,which I'm guessing everyone wants,you seem intent on continuing a pointless argument,give up and grow up.

I don't know him,so I've no idea what you're on about,he seemed to be ignoring you,which I'm guessing everyone wants,you seem intent on continuing a pointless argument,give up and grow up.

He's a troll and probably about fifteen years old....so I think me getting annoyed with him the way I did was daft.

The troll isn't being fed any further.

markcross 10 totally pointless posts on my thread , i asked you to remove them from my thread , you ignore my request and continue to abuse people who come here.

Hey Bluelife, what do you reckon to us signing Graveson on loan?

P.S

I used in live in Northern ireland....lived in a little village on the coast called Ballywalter (dad came from Comber).

delighted mad dog is back , was gutted when he left! he can still do a job for us no problem , good business my moyes!!:applause:

Back
Top Bottom