Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Gab_

I agree
6 April 2009
New survival horror game from the creators of the Penumbra series, release date 8th of September.

http://www.amnesiagame.com

As of writing this it has 83/100 over at metacritics with 9.5/10 from users.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/amnesia-the-dark-descent

YouTube - Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Trailer

YouTube - Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Scary Gameplay

A teaser consisting only of gameplay taken directly from the game. Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a new game from the makers of the cult horror series Penumbra. Our goal with this game is to create the most frightening and disturbing experience possible.

For the horror fans out there that might want to check this game out. Girly people like Jaygrim should probably skip this one.

Last edited:
This game is really good, man up ladies and play it. Games like this, that at least try to be a little different from all the main stream games, should be supported.

PC Gamer UK: 88/100
IGN: 85/100

Looks okay but not sure how well it'd run on my laptop and even then, something like that is better on a big screen I'd imagine.

Looks okay but not sure how well it'd run on my laptop and even then, something like that is better on a big screen I'd imagine.

I think its scales down pretty good performance wise. Personally I think it plays a lot better than the videos show. It's a very disturbing feeling that this game gives you, because you don't have the feeling of being in control at all. Other games at least gives you a weapon so that you have some kind of safety blanket, but in this you have nothing. You don't have a map over the castle and you basically don't know what is going on and what to do.

Because of this there is not much that gives you satisfaction in lack of a better word. I really like the game, the atmosphere is great, but you are constantly afraid of being killed by something. You can't quick save as a safety blanket either.

Even if people don't think it's their kind of game, just download the demo and try it out. Even if you just play a little it's very refreshing to feel completely confused and vulnerable.

You can play on Mac and linux computers too.

Sold.

I'll get it today then and give it a go, although I doubt I'll get the same immersion playing on a 17" laptop screen? Still, worth a go!

Very good game based on an amazong concept. Finished it yesterday, thanks for the recommendation guys. It shows you CAN do different and original things without spending millions.

Ambientation is great and voices were superb, with very interesting turns here and there and the way you end up "feeling" the tortures... just great.

Hats off to them, it's a decent story combined with great mechanics, though I found it too easy and linear, but that indeed would have required some more millions...

Missed this thread the first time around

I like horror/scary games like Fatal frame/Project Zero and such so ill give the demo a go

They really nailed the camera movement in that video, well done. Felt like the game. Turning around looking behind you while walking in a hallway, classic.

Back
Top Bottom