Amiga 500 thread

Kickstart.gif

Workbench.jpg

Those where the days when working a computer was easy

Remember DPaint?

Dpaint1.gif

I did a full screen animation with Bart Simpson skating down an alley once, it had about 500 frames and took me weeks to to. Crazy.

hahahah YES!!!

btw; is someone interested in the hole AMIGA EMULTAOR PACKAGED with kickstart and 92 Games ?

when yes, i can upload it....

cheers raffa

We'll probably look back on the PS2 and X-Box in 15 years time with affection too.:D "Ahh.....remember the slowdown on WE8LE - haha! ...and the lag online you will never believe!"...just a thought. :mrgreen:

Joystick - you're right. It was endemic! Me and my mates at school (the ones who could afford it at £400 quid or so (I saved up by using my paper round money and the Chrismas Box money I got from my customers \\:o/ )) used to have swap fests. People used to bring in lists of what they had and we'd go from there.

Wonder if that happens these days? :shock:

Rafau, I'm intersted! Those pics roll back the years. Cwright - I find Windows easier. Workbench and shell or whatever it was called was a pain in the neck. Still better than Windows 3.1 though at the time.

Rafau said:
btw; is someone interested in the hole AMIGA EMULTAOR PACKAGED with kickstart and 92 Games ?

when yes, i can upload it....
Better don't, most games are still subject to copyright as is the kickstart rom.

Has anyone ever sucessfully got an Amiga Emulator to run well on an Apple Mac? Ive tried a few but most end up dead ends. Ive still got my Amiga, kick.rom and 90+ games so its all nice a legal for me :mrgreen:

Wow crazy memories. For me The sensi series, kick off 2 were class but speedball 2 was the best game ever made I loved that game to bits and the career mode was awsome. I heard ages ago that a new version was coming to the xbox and ps2 but so far nothing :(. Also a big shout out must go to Manchester United in Europe, if you had the 1 meg upgrade you could see the subs warming up and taking their tracksuits on when they came on, which was a major innovation in those days, the game was not that good but that alone was worth the £7.99 from woolworths. Ahh the memories.

Another one I forgot was 'The lost Vikings' by Blizzard, one of the most underrated puzzle games imo. I recently realised that I never played the sequel because it was never released for Amiga, so I got for SNES now and played through it... Great game!

Aah, Speedball 2 - probably the first game I got joystick ache from....

My Amiga 500 is still working fine with loads of games, kickstart etc but I'm still in training to carry the huge power unit.:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom