1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

AMD PHENOM PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by robboalbion, 13 November 2008.

1. robboalbion

robboalbion League 2

5 December 2007
    wolverhampton
    west bromwich albion
    Ive come to the conclusion that pes2009 wont work on amd phenoms.Myself and my friend both have same machine and it does not work on either:-
    amd phenom 9550 quadcore
    asus m2n-sli deluxe mb
    4 gig ram
    nvidia 8600 gt

I installed the game on my old machine with no crashes so has my friend with his old pc.So there must be a problem with our set up.The game crashes at random points, it has done so with all updates and without for 2 weeks now.I have tried install from disk and also from hard drive.The windows error says(pes2009 has encountered an error and has stopped working).This is the last time i shall ask for help as i am fed up with it.So if theres anyone out there with the same prob or with a solution please help us

THANK YOU :CONFUSE:

Last edited: 13 November 2008
  2. ogrodafloresta

ogrodafloresta Non-League

13 November 2008
    Yeah, mate. My name is Alex, I'm from Brazil, I too have an AMD Phenom and it is the same problem. The crash is random, always during a transition (going to a corner, throw-in, half-time, substitution...).

Had to play the same game more than 10 times to finish it (a Holland X Finland in the International Cup - or whatever it is called). One time, I was kicking Finland's arse and it crashed when there were only two minutes left...

Oh, also, the same thing happened with PES 2008.

Good luck for us.

3. Skellionz

Skellionz Gooner

29 November 2005
    Plymouth, England
    Arsenal
    i too have an amd phenom 9950 quad and my game is also crashing continually...
    msi K9A2 platinum
    4gb ram
    radeon 3870 crossfired

4. jeeg6777

jeeg6777 Non-League

6 November 2005
    Italy
    Juventus
    I don't know if this can help, but I had an identical problem (Phenom 9850 Quad Core Black Edition, Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe,2GB ram, Radeon hd3870) and after a lot of attempts I solved it updating the BIOS of the motherboard.

Last edited: 13 November 2008
  5. Contino22

Contino22 Non-League

4 September 2007
    Italy
    AC Milan
    I've the 9600 black edition, 2GB ram and ati hd4850 and i've no crash at all...

6. T.B.T

T.B.T BONAPACE - Juventus FC

23 October 2008
    I was thinking to buy a Black Phenom........
    Now I don't know what to do, let's wait for somemore posts...

7. jeeg6777

jeeg6777 Non-League

6 November 2005
    Italy
    Juventus
    T.B.T don't worry about Black Phenoms, that was the only problem I had in 6 months and I solved it. Maybe I am wrong but I think that this problem isn't related to Phenom itself but to Phenom in conjunction with motherboard due to early bios versions.

8. robboalbion

robboalbion League 2

5 December 2007
    wolverhampton
    west bromwich albion
    I WILL TRY TO UPDATE BIOS AND POST BACK

9. robboalbion

robboalbion League 2

5 December 2007
    wolverhampton
    west bromwich albion
    DID YOU USE ASUS UPDATE JEEG6777

10. John

John Non-League

13 November 2008
    Hallo, I'm Jan from Czech republic and I have the same problem. I have Quad Phenom 9550 too and I'm happy, that I'm not alone with this problem. I solved this problem every day and every night, but without success. I warned PES 2009 support in my country on problem with processor, but they didn't answer yet.

11. robboalbion

robboalbion League 2

5 December 2007
    wolverhampton
    west bromwich albion
    hey guy's i updated my bios with asus update and i played 5 full games on different modes with no crash.I will test more in the morning and let you know but i think its worked... if it has i owe jeeg6777 a massive drink

PHENOM POWER .....LOL

12. jeeg6777

jeeg6777 Non-League

6 November 2005
    Italy
    Juventus
    I'm glad to see that maybe it worked. Excuse the delay in answering but I have seen just now your messages. However I used Asus update.

13. ogrodafloresta

13 November 2008
    Guys, I think it worked. Inside the game, the crash was random. But I've discovered one that happened EVERY TIME: when you wait after the game starts, when it tells you to press any button (I don't know how it is in English, mine is always in Portuguese), it goes to a UEFA demostration. Everytime it went to this screen, my game crashed. EVERY TIME.

And I've just updated my BIOS, started the game and... IT DIDIN'T CRASH ON THIS SCREEN!

I will play now and answer to you guys later if it worked.

14. oFifa09o

oFifa09o Banned

16 September 2008
    I have an AMD3ple core 8450....no crash after 3 ML seasons...

15. ogrodafloresta

13 November 2008
    YEAH, IT WORKED!

FIREWORKS!

i ran the game in glorious widescreen, medium quality (the best I can get) and just beat Sweden right off. SEEDORF IS THE MAN!

THANKS, GUYS, YOU MADE MY DAY!

16. Hawke

Hawke ♫ Celery , Celery ♫ Staff

19 January 2005
    UK
    Chelsea
    mmm i use Phenom & no crashes, glad you seem to have sorted it tho.

17. robboalbion

robboalbion League 2

5 December 2007
    wolverhampton
    west bromwich albion
    it hasn't crashed since i updated bios ,online and off so i think its done it.....thanks again to jeeg6777 your the man.....update your bios guys...ps before update winavi converted avi files at 75 fps now its 250 fps so phenoms runnig proper now

18. hc8644

hc8644 Non-League

25 November 2007
    I hv the same problem with my 8450x3 ...
    Does updating bios really solve the problem?