Am I the only one disappointed with WE2008?

F@TMAN

Non-League
7 August 2003
I know everyone will have their own opinion, and I guess I really should give the game a fair chance (had given PES2008 a shot, though), but I just can't grasp how far backwards the game has gone since WE10. I've been playing the series for years, and I know how with each new revision there's the period where you need to "climatise"...but in all honesty, defender AI is lacking, overall gameplay doesn't flow as it has in previous versions, and dribbling isn't as responsive. Has anyone else found this?

agreed. the improvements of WE nowdays are worse. i'd like to think that the final release is FINAL. WE7I is the perfect release of WE7 engine. WE6FE is the perfect release for WE6. but since WE9 till now, the final release is poor.

the dribling is stoopid i think, u can not run 1/16-direction with slow player. even the fastest player must have like 2 touches before he can run in 1/16-direction

i think the PS2 version is not bad...it's quite nice from PS2 advancements...but the PS3 one is a huge disappointment....been playing for over 10 years now, but this new one is really...really bad

I never understand why they had changed the edit function to so stupid for PS3 Winnning2008.
I think they don't want their users' contribution to their product no more. Who knows the reason why?

The negotiations are terrible, I find them to be really hard, and they never give a reason why they reject the negotiation. The game isn't that bad, but it still hasn't improved much since the last one. So what, now you can dive and do nutmeg's. Some of the headers and goals are unrealistic, and the goal keepers are a joke. The online lag is pathetic, it's un-playable so I practically gave up on day 1 for online.

I think gameplay has gone bananas. It just does not feel like football anymore and the new texture color palette makes me feel nostalgic of the old cartoonish one. And this is not the first next gen pes, this is the 2 after lst year 360 one, so i believe that they just lost it, but fifa is a brilliant game so at the end of the day things even out.

I AGREE THE GAMEPLAY IS CRAP!

AI - THERE ISN'T ANY, WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR PASSING OPTIONS THERE ISN'T ANY, PLAYERS DON'T RUN INTO SPACE AS PROMISED THEY STAND THERE LIKE LEMONS.

PLAYERS BUNCH LIKE BEES ROUND A HONEY POT, THERE'S NO STRUCTURE OR OGANISATION TO THE DEFENCE, THEY RUN ALL OVER THE PITCH.

COMMENTARY IS MUCH IMPROVED THOUGH.

it might help if konami actually watched a top professional football game to see how players play the game - my team doesn't feel like it's on my side it does the opposite to what I want, like running away from an attacking opponent, instead of closing him down.

might give konami one more chance - if they blow it next time (2009) - i will not buy the game ever again!!!!!!!!!!

yes..WE08 its suck..i rather play WE11 on PS2.its perfect football game..anyway,can someone modified that game(WE08?i see many people edited that game,update jersey,boot,ball,stadium,face..can anyone make it for WE08?

Back
Top Bottom