Alpha Protocol

D

DagsJT

YouTube - Alpha Protocol (Game Trailer)

Heard loads of shit comments about this game when it came out, saying it was a buggy mess. The idea was supposed to be very good but it was close to being unplayable.

But recently I've been browsing the Eurogamer forums and it looks like the vast majority of people who've completed Alpha Protocol have really enjoyed it and gave it 8's, 9's and even 10's I think.

So I got it through the post yesterday and was aware that I needed to look passed the bugs and I'll find a great game, and I'm really enjoying it!

Did the training, which was fun enough, and the conversations are very similar to Mass Effect so lots of different ways to play out the story.

Just getting to the end of my first mission and the sneaking around reminds me of a toned-down Splinter Cell, some melee combat which is basic but fun enough, and decent enough shooting. RPG elements to upgrade your skills so I can run without being heard for example, and weapon upgrades to add scopes etc. Sneaking around avoiding cameras reminded me a lot of Metal Gear Solid.

Early days yet obviously, but I'm very glad I picked this up for £12.99 and I can see me easily getting my moneys worth from this.

I got it for 17 quid and I felt ripped off. There are some nice ideas in there but the bugs ruined it for me. I didn't bother finishing it and got rid

Good ideas let down by poor implementation and a creaky engine, not sure whether we should worry or not that they're the ones making Fallout Vegas.......

Back
Top Bottom