Alone in the Dark 5

Re: Alone in the Dark 5 Xbox 360 ,PC

Bump

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93709&page=1

Eurogamer just had a pre-preview. Looks bloody awesome. The whole NY setting with the lighting and combat based on the physics engine. In the preview on page two they have links to two tech demo's and a gameplay/preview video.

Never bothered with AitD before and wasn't even interested in it till I read the preview but after seeing this I think it has moved up to be equal with Alan Wake for this genre for games Im looking forward to.

anyone see the Gamer TV special today?

Looks amazing!

Yeah I've really been impressed with what they're doing, especially a physics engine that's actually useful, a good example is how he uses a pipe to drag over a rope within reach, that kinda thing is IMO the next generation of gaming, there are few games that have embraced next gen other than shiny graphics......

Its also coming out on Playstation 3 but later in the year.

woah thats the first i have heard or seen of this and it looks amazing

I saw a feature on this at the weekend on Gamer TV and it looks AWESOME!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33053.html

Has anyone else noticed an escalation in intensity from the trailers for Atari's rebirth of the once loved horror franchise, Alone in the Dark? The first bit of video we saw had our hero, Edward Carnby, traipsing throughout all manner of empty (and beautiful) environments, smashing bits of furniture and putting out house fires. Then came the tech demo, where we saw the game's innovative inventory system in action, and learned of the terrible ways one can abuse mutant sewer rats.

However, this recent trailer for the game is a one-way ride aboard the Crazy Train -- flaming elevator shafts, headcrab knock-offs, and a high-speed escape from an ominously crumbling New York City? Yes, please. You can check out a cornucopia of recently released videos (including a "piping" hot trailer we've thrown after the break) on the Alone in the Dark Gametrailers channel -- then spend the rest of the day hoping all subsequent media for the game becomes more and more intense, until previews of the game's climactic gunfight on the mouth of an active volcano against a cybernetically-enhanced Bea Arthur begin to surface.

Alone In The Dark Euro Limited Edition
thumb463x_aitdce.jpg

Someone at Eden Games has a thing for Keanu Reeves, don't you think? It's as if they buffed him up, renamed him Edward Carnby and plastered his face all over the European Limited Edition for Alone In The Dark for the Wii, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. He's on the cover of the Official Soundtrack CD, the Making Of DVD, and splashed throughout the pages of the bound art book. Hell, they've even included a figurine of Neo Carby for you to play bullet-time with in the bathtub. It's all wrapped up in a rather nifty looking box that will completely fail to fit on the shelf with the rest of your game collection, securing it a cherry spot above your mantle. All I can say is whoa...I hope we get something similar stateside. Not to sure about the game but I love having boxes of Limited Edition stuff lying around.

Infogrames president Phil Harrison has revealed when we can expect a playable demo of Alone in the Dark to arrive.

Speaking to Eurogamer last week he said, "There's an Xbox Live Marketplace demo which'll be up a week before the game comes out."

That'd be some time around 13th June then, seeing as Alone in the Dark for Xbox 360 is out on 20th June. PC, PS2 and Wii versions will be released on the same date, with a PS3 game to follow in the autumn.

When asked whether we can expect any downloadable content in future Harrison said, "We've not made any announcements on that yet."

However, it doesn't sound too likely. Later on in the interview, Harrison said he doesn't reckon the games industry will make many more "beautifully crafted single-player game" like Alone in the Dark, explaining, "I just don't think consumers want to be playing games that don't have some kind of network connectivity to them, or some kind of community embedded in them, or some kind of extension available through downloadable content.

"Now, that's not to criticise Alone in the Dark," he continued. "It's just to recognise the industry is changing, and the role we play as creators and publishers has to reflect those changes. I don't think I'm alone in having those views, either."

about time as well

when this was on gamertv a bit ago they said a demo was out soon

Looks real good indeed. Everything from physics, to lighting, to mechanics, looks very good. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a dissappointment.

We need a demo.

Eurogamer review up, 7/10.

Sadly what was mentioned on a dutch games show in a preview of the beta seems to still be present, namely very clumbsy controls. What a shame........Was really looking forward to it, but the review hihglights too many flaws for me.

Yeah I bought the collector edition. I'll start playing on Saturday bu I already know that it seems the gameplay is bad, but after a while it's ok.
How Carnby fights is strange and the cam is far from perfect too.

But it's still a good game.

It's not possible that the patch solves all the problems (there were too many) but it's a really good start. At leasty, they know players were not happy.

From what I read, all the things that pissed me off will not be there anymore or updated. I'm glad checkpoints are created too for the car scenes.

It's so frustrating playing this game.

Bought this for £17 on Thursday, finished it last night and I loved it. Great game. The endings were a little :SS but I loved the opening act and episode 2 was even better. There are some glitchy moments in there, particularly when driving a car you can sometimes clip a curd and your car will flip up into the air as if you hit a concrete wall. But nothing that makes the game unplayable. They really should have released this as an episodic title like Siren Blood curse because each chapter usually ends with a LOST style cliff hanger.

Bring on a sequel!

Back
Top Bottom