All Pro Football 2K8 PS3 US

Visual Concepts have always come correct with the NFL and NBA games. I think ever since NFL 2K1 on the Dreamcast it has been better than the Madden games.

Problem with this title is no franchise mode. Game is gonna get pretty boring offline. So lets hope the online mode is great!

I hope they release the 360 version in Asia or I won't be playing.. :(

EA buying the NFL License was a huge letdown for NFL gamers!

Seppovich are you importing? Haven't seen a Euro release mentioned anywhere yet :( still play NFL 2K5 on my Xbox as the gameplay is still way ahead of Madden in most areas.

There is a season mode but yeah no franchise is disappointing :(

This and GTA IV were going to be the games that made me buy next-gen so have to see how this pans out.

Last edited:
pretty sure there is gonna be a whole load of unhappy people in Europe with 360's who wanna play All Pro Football 2K8.

Seppovich are you importing? Haven't seen a Euro release mentioned anywhere yet :( still play NFL 2K5 on my Xbox as the gameplay is still way ahead of Madden in most areas.

There is a season mode but yeah no franchise is disappointing :(

This and GTA IV were going to be the games that made me buy next-gen so have to see how this pans out.

Nah that is NCAA. EA being lazy although they have said they managed to get Madden 60fps on PS3 now

if you had NFL 2K5 try let us now how it compares to that. also some feedback on graphics and A.I. would be great..

today i´ll receive my ps3 version of the game and yes, i import it from the us.

it hink the comparison is similar to the comparison between fifa and pes.

2k-series: more realistic gameplay, ai, steering and presentation

madden series: faster action-based gameplay, more scripted unrealistic zone-defence etc...

Ah right so your saying Madden = PES and 2k-Series is FIFA ;)

More Scripted unrealistic stuff...

sure. the thread says "All Pro Football 2K8 PS3 US" so i ordered the more worse football game. :rolleyes:

Seeing a lot of positive comments (as I guess you would really) on the 2K forums wrt the gameplay, really hope I can get my hands on this somehow.

gomito.. with pleasure :) id rather play that any day than the Robotically Stiff, AI Bullshit and Cartoony PES....

Back to the subject..... I do like Madden, I thought 07 was excellent. Especially the detail with the pitch cutting up and mudding up with use! If this game is better I may even have to import it. I just wanted to know why its better than Madden. Sorry to bring the whole PES vs FIFA thing into it... Also dont assume im a FIFA Lover just because of my Avatar. It means DONT DO WHAT YOU USUALLY DO TO US EA... Tell us all these so-called great features but then deliver us a half baked attempt...

Back to the subject..... I do like Madden, I thought 07 was excellent. Especially the detail with the pitch cutting up and mudding up with use! If this game is better I may even have to import it. I just wanted to know why its better than Madden. Sorry to bring the whole PES vs FIFA thing into it... Also dont assume im a FIFA Lover just because of my Avatar. It means DONT DO WHAT YOU USUALLY DO TO US EA... Tell us all these so-called great features but then deliver us a half baked attempt...

dj, the comparison of 2k to pes is spot on.. the gameplay is better the madden. Just think about we7i or something when we make this comparison cause i know how you feel about pes6.

UPDATE
my local store was sold out, might sneak out and go to best buy, sorry guys

Hoping mine will be delivered tomorrow and very excited :) Shipped from Canada on Monday afternoon so fingers crossed, I just happen to have the day off tomorrow so I'll be gutted if it turns up after tomorrow.

i got it.. and well the gameplay is probably the best ever... the lack of real players... well thats another issue but i knew that going in. I read that people were bitching about graphics, the graphics o nHD are fucking awesome... The animations are great. I played online and the lag was non existent. I really wish they had the nfl license. Now if next year they could get 500 or 600 legends, i think we might have something... hopefully the kiddies on the internet start making players and we can pass them around on live, that would be sweet, like L.T., Jim Brown, Phill Simms, there are still a ton of great players out there.. The QB gameplay is simply the best ever in a video game, it is really top notch.. ok im playing my third game now, see you blokes in the morning

thanks for the short review gomito.
i hope i´ll receive my copy today here in germany. i played football for myself for 8 years (in reallife) so i know every rule of the game but i don´t know most of the reallife actual nfl players, so the lack of licenzes don´t make me cry. ;)

i read there´s no franchise mode. can you play a regular season, then the playoffs until "superbowl"? (whatever it is called in the game)
and if yes, are there stats from the season before in the next season?

Just a season mode, no carrying stats over (that would make it a franchise then probably). I'm another who doesn't know the real life players, apart from the obvious really well known players. Still, I like the way the players don't have a rating system but instead have skills.

Same here with the players, although as a Ravens fan I know I'm having Johnny Unitas at QB! Thanks for the review gomito, seriously thinking about which is the best way to get hold of this now (and hoping the online play would be alright from the other side of the pond).

Gutted, game never came in the post today and gotta wait til next Tuesday for a day off next :(

Back
Top Bottom