AI Goalkeepers in the Scoring charts!

DrJambo

Non-League
5 November 2007
Mid-way through my second master league season and I've noticed there's 1 or 2 AI teams' GKs in the scoring charts! Ben Foster for Man U is joint top, and Anti Niemi has a couple for Fulham.

Do the AI teams play their GKs up front in AI to AI matches?

Anyone else noticed this in their Master League??

LOL no i havent but it might be penalties or freekicks? ive scored a hattrick of penalties with a keeper before online

What it also very weird is that when you play ML you can shoose to play friendlies on the end of the season. Now if you play against an "all-star" team you'll see that all their goalies take all the penalty's/corners/free kicks. I've scored a goal from 70 metres cause their goalie took a free kick and shot it in the wall... My defender picked the ball up and shot it in the empty net.

have you ever met the southamerican passing allstar team or what they are called, Julio Ceasar takes every freekick and corner and he takes them good, nearly scored a freekick against me:D

shit, gks scored against me when taking the fK, it's like impossible to save...

Take a look at your Master League total goals ranking table and your own specific league's goals ranking table and see if there are any keepers in the rankings.

Ok.. I had it with this game. I finally decided to start my ML... I played 4 games. I look at the top scorer chart and guess whos #1? Cudicini with 6 goals.... 6 goals in 4 games..... Carlo Cudicini.... You guys can't tell me Cudicini takes penalties or freekicks... he shouldnt even be starting for chelsea....

does this happen to anyone else? if this is a glitch that can be fixed if i restarted, i would like to know.. Thanks.

have you updated transfers by any chance? if you have, sometimes the goalkeeper will be put in their place. eg. if you take yakubu out of the brough quad, the sub goalie will replace him.

I did transfers, but I recently went over all the teams to update stats, formations and stuff. So chelsea formation is fine. Also cudicini only has GK position. It's not like I accidentally gave him CF position.

I think it's a problem that only affects the ML. It's never happened when I play a normal Premier League.

Foster for Man U and Cudicini for Chelsea are definitely two of the main culprits.

heh its so WEIRD!! Anyways I kicked out Cudicini and Niemi from their respective clubs and restarted ML. I'd rather not have them on their clubs than for them to outscore rooney, ronaldo, tevez, saha and list goes on. Oh and this doesn't have anythign to do with this topic, but do you guys have a very low scoring league when u play ML? I am about 7 games into the league and i only managed to score 10 goals. And my team has the highest # of goals. Half the team in the league scored less than 5 goals out of 7. If you guys know a thread about this, I wuold like to know. Tnx :)

Last edited:
lol some teams have keepers take free kicks in pes2008, i've always wanted the ball to hit the wall so i could do a 60yard shot lol. never happened!

i guess you gotta edit out the keepers from taking penalties and fk's

have you updated transfers by any chance? if you have, sometimes the goalkeeper will be put in their place. eg. if you take yakubu out of the brough quad, the sub goalie will replace him.

I think this man speaketh the truth. Transfers bugger the whole thing up.

Theres 3 possible ways for the keepers scoring Penaltys,Going up for a corner,Freekick and i doubt they would run up and flip flap all ure players and score

This is not as bad as another bug in the game:
I'm in season 2013, and ALL the Australian players have perfect stats. No joke. 99,99, 99, everything. Not only that, but Mark Viduka is 65 in the game. :oink: I discovered it yesterday when I was playing against the Australasian-Oceanian All-Star team.

What it also very weird is that when you play ML you can shoose to play friendlies on the end of the season. Now if you play against an "all-star" team you'll see that all their goalies take all the penalty's/corners/free kicks. I've scored a goal from 70 metres cause their goalie took a free kick and shot it in the wall... My defender picked the ball up and shot it in the empty net.

It happened to mee too, GK takes fk on all stars team.. But I started a new ML some weeks ago and when i played those matches i've just installed 1.2, this time it was right (maybe the patch did it).

Back
Top Bottom