Advice on best nVidia/other graphics settings

Their seems to be a belief that You need a high end Graphics card for PES6,

I have posted a number of times my setup.this proves otherwise.

Nvidia Geforce4 MX440,64mb
Samsung Syncmaster Monitor 913n on 60 hertz
Play 1280 x 1024 high , using 3D ANALYSE.
Pentium 4

What settings do you use on 3D Analyse for best results?

People, if anybody can helps me i thank you very much cuz i need help.

My pc is a Pentium 4, 2.8 ghz, 768 Ram, my graphic card is a Geforce FX 5200 of 256 mb/ 128 bits, and one LG monitor of 17" wich is working on 800x600 and 60 hz.

My problem with pes6 is:

The field seems to be moveing, it´s "grainy" and it bothers a lot my eyes. I know there is a config on nvidia control panel that fix this but i forgot.
Also my game seems a little lazy, i feel its not flowing free.

I play in low quality and in 640x480.

Help´me somebody cuz i want to play the game better.

See ya

Last edited:
Getting back on the V-sync problem now!

I get lag with V-sync on, but not all the time, only when close to one of the goals if many players are in the box. Also on freekicks and replays but not as annoying there as when i enter the box, just getting ready to shoot or feint, and all the feeling disappears to a 20fps-level and I loose the ball / shoot it way over.

I also get hangups occationaly online when I play with V-sync on. Only when entering Formation Settings in the pause menu though...

What settings do you use on 3D Analyse for best results?

force z buffer

disable 2 sided stencil

emulate HW Tnl caps

force 24 bit buffer

quality mode

screen refresh rate 60 hertz. + dont forget to use LODMIXER
by JUCE , my settings are all on 1.

force z buffer

disable 2 sided stencil

emulate HW Tnl caps

force 24 bit buffer

quality mode

screen refresh rate 60 hertz. + dont forget to use LODMIXER
by JUCE , my settings are all on 1.

Thx, I'll try this when I get home. With all setting to 1 u mean all on the highest quality ? Is that really nescessary ? does it make any difference ?

Getting back on the V-sync problem now!

I get lag with V-sync on, but not all the time, only when close to one of the goals if many players are in the box. Also on freekicks and replays but not as annoying there as when i enter the box, just getting ready to shoot or feint, and all the feeling disappears to a 20fps-level and I loose the ball / shoot it way over.

I also get hangups occationaly online when I play with V-sync on. Only when entering Formation Settings in the pause menu though...

SAME ISSUE HERE.
have spent the last couple of days changing nvidia drivers. overclocking settings... being really fed-up with this s..t

P4-2.6 oc>2.8
2G Ram
Nvidia 6800

I STARTING TO WONDER IF ANY OF US WILL EVER FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS. I CAN'T BELIEVE KONAMI IS NOT AWARE ...

ive got an o/c 7800gs and i cant even play smoothly in 1280x1024 with or without v-sync yet i run oblivion smoothly with evberything on is konami aware of any of these issues i wonder and are they gonna do anything about it? any ideas

With the 3D Analyze settings I get a totally f...ed up game. Either it crashes at start or the main-menu totally disapperas. I think its the "emulate HW TnL caps" that makes the whole background and all except för the "choise-description" bar at the bottom to become totally black. As for the "force 24bit zbuffer, the game dont start at all, just freezes and crashes.

OK! So you guys I've found a setting that works nicely for me (at least for now, before kitserver is installed)

I use the 3D Analyze application, with the following options enabled :
force Z-buffer
quality mode

Of course you also have to start the game through the app.

And secondly, I just leave all my nvidia-settings to the standard-value, exept i swith Vertical Sync on.
This gets me pretty lag-free game in most parts. Sometimes on freekicks but nothing I cant live with!
Hope it gets you were you're going too!

I got a GeForce FX 5500 with 256 mb, 1Gb ram, 3 Ghz, still if i play more than Medium Quality, 800*600, game slows down. Any help or recommendations? Is it OK for it to only be able to be played smoothly at Medium quality 800*600 with my PC?

After spending days of trying MANY things (and i'm rather tired about it) it looks like i got the game responsive and no slowdown. i hope this will work for you.

my config is:
P4 2.6 OC>2.8
Geforce 6800 128mg
2 G RAM

== 3 D settings for PES6 ==

nvidia Geforce 6800 using latest nvidia drivers 93.71
(OC= 375/1500)

setting in nvidia control panel (for application Pes6.exe)

display : single
texture : non active
bias LOD : fixed
anisotropic : x2
texture : High Quality
force MIP : No
Extention limit: No
Optimization map.. : No
Optimization anisotropic: No
Optimization sample : Yes
Trilinear optimization: Yes
Anti aliasing: x2
V Sinc : forced on

== AND ==

(I don’t know if this really affected the speed but I did it too)

Right click on pes6.exe>properties>compatibility:
- Run this program compatibility mode for:
- Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 5)
- disable visual themes
- Turn off advanced text services

OC= OverClocked

hope it helps some you guys and.. myself !!! (looks like you never know with this PES6 if it gonna revert to "slow mode" again whatever you do about it :(

back to game.... : P

Try getting the no-dvd crack. I installed it on my laptop which was stuttering like mad, installed the no dvd crack and it now runs smooth as silk. My laptop is a P4 1.5GHz, 512mb RAM and a 64mb gfx.

Try getting the no-dvd crack. I installed it on my laptop which was stuttering like mad, installed the no dvd crack and it now runs smooth as silk. My laptop is a P4 1.5GHz, 512mb RAM and a 64mb gfx.

yes i forgot that in my post....

of coooooooooourse im using no-dvd. :P

I have SERIOUS slowdown on my PES6.

My Setup:
2.8 GHz Processor
1GB RAM
GeForce 7300 SE- 512MB
PES6 Settings on 1600x1200, High Quality
No-DVD .exe
Kitserver, Stadiumserver, Ballserver, Faceserver installed

Graphics Card 3D Settings:
Anisotropic filtering- 16x
Anisoptric mip filter optimisation- Off
Anisoptric sample optimisation- Off
Antialiasing settings- 2x
Extension limit- Off
Force mipmaps- None
Texture Filtering- High Quality
Transparency antialiasing- Off
Trilinear optimisation- Off
Triple buffering- On
Vertical Sync- Force on

Slowdown on loadup screens, menus and matches!
Anyone got any setup recommendations? Help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stuck in a situation, i want to get a new system, either a gaming pc or laptop, if i buy the laptop it will have the nvidia go 7900 or 7950, and if i decided a pc then i will build it myself and put a geforce 8800 gts? anyone :D help me in this situation?

make sure your running nothing in the back ground which is not needed ie anti virus, firewalls, browsers etc
V sync off mean games is lag free but you get a slight tear which tbh is not bothering me
v sync on will have a slight blur and freaks me out so leave it
if your is of decent standard i have a 6800 gt AGP i put AS x4 and AF x16 and everything default aprt from the v sync which you make your choice whats best for you.
Looks amazing with LOD mixer on 1 and highest settings without vsync on but i get a slight tear which as i say i can live with.

Back
Top Bottom