Adding XP To A Vista PC

ALBICELESTE2010

Champions League
13 July 2006
Watford
Argentina & Watford
I'm concerned that none of the editing programs for PES6 facemaking o-edit & editing the 0_text afs are compatible with Vista et vice versa(something to do with the new version of directX10 & corresponding /dlls).

I want to continue making faces to contribute to the PES6 community here after a vey long break not to mention playing some old games ie GTR/GTR2, GP4 & Steel Panthers World At War.

I found this article in which the author has partitioned his HD to run both XP & Vista.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=178390

Anyone else done this and had sucess or failure with it ?

Last edited:
It should be pretty straighforward.

If not mistaken, you have to install WinXP first and then Vista. The reason is that If you install XP after Vista, the XP bootloader will not recognize Vista as an valid OS and will show nothing during boot to get to Vista.
I do not have experience with these issues, because I have never tried it, but it should be in the end simple to do.

Remember to backup everything you have of important before doing those things.

After reading that article things are pretty straightforward.
As I feared there are issues when installing XP after Vista, but the workaround seems pretty simple. Go for it, but backup everything you have.
BTW If your hard drive is big enough, or have another hard drive, you could create a partition for your files/videos/music and so on.

Hope it helps.

Yes, installing XP and then Vista should be fine. When I had Vista I just did that and worked ok. Not the safest thing (Vista still can access the XP partition and vice versa) but at least it works.

When I had a XP/98 dual boot I used to use XOSL, anyone knows if there's a version that supports also Vista (I think XOSL has been discontinued)? If so, it'd be the safest option (you can hide the Vista partition to XP and vice versa).. It only requires ten minutes of additional work once installed both the OS's =)

Thanks for your words of advice gentlemen. :COOL:

The desktop already has Vista pre-installed. I did some more reading and found that you can install XP after as well(apc.mag).

I will try it as I cannot see any other way of restarting facemaking or adding tweaks to PES6. I'll give it a go next week and hopefully it all turns out right. :)

If not its back to the dreaded 2008 :( .2009 will take time for decoding and is not yet as good as PES6 IMO.

Back
Top Bottom