AC Milan Thread - GILARDINO TO MILAN!!!!!

Milanista said:
We lost a game were the other team had 1 chance and 1 goal, Chelsea lost a game where they were completely outplayed.
nice double post... ;)

-azn

Milanista said:
I think the finals would be Juve-Real.

At least you know Milan aint gonna be winning the Champions League this season. ;)

Arsenal - Chelsea final for me.

Milanista said:
We lost a game were the other team had 1 chance and 1 goal, Chelsea lost a game where they were completely outplayed.

Ho Ho - would you care to point out where you got 'outplayed' from? Besiktas had 1 shot on target and scored twice.

In fact, I reckon AC Milan were completely outplayed. See how it works?

Milanista said:
Nah, see we had 16 shots on goal, Brugge had 2.

It doesn't matter guys, because neither Chelsea or Milan will be winning the CL. :mrgreen:

Arsenal all the way.........

haha no no, neither nor doesn't work here, its none of the above... UNITED! UNITED! UNITED! (and there better be no one who says "i didnt think the magpies were still in the CL haha :D)

-azn

Zico said:
footieBalla said:
Milanista said:
Nah its Juve.
....whaaa? juve? why the sudden change of heart? are you trading teams again milanista.!?!!??! :shock: ;);)

-azn

It's called "mind games" buddy. :mrgreen:
aaaaaah ma head!!! milan stop f**kin' with ma head!!!! you zic? just leave you're hurting my eyes!! ;);) :mrgreen:

-azn

Milanista said:
No Zico, we're going to go through un beaten all season..... <--- recognize that? ;)
LMAO! yes truly a great line to stick by arsene ;)

-azn

its been buried a bit to the back of this thread, but i think in Boca you forget to mention coach Carlos Bianchi. He had his troubles in Europe but his Boca teams have all won something every year, even playing against teams with better players (river almost always has more talent, and to get to the intercontinental match these past years Boca has eliminated talented Brazilian teams.. they beat Real Madrid and had Bayern Munich on their heels, if Delgado would have shot on Kahn instead of diving Boca would have been up 1-0 35 minutes in, instead he got carded and sent off on another yellow soon after, bayern beat 10 man boca in the second overtime on a sloppy corner...

my point is, and even historically, Boca wins less on talent and more on attitude. Bianchi gets a lot out of his players and he knows how to win games (defense). is milan the favorite? of course. But boca will make them work for it.

I think that if Milan wins european teams will tie south americans for titles, anybody know for sure?

oh and three more Boca players to look out for:
Iarley (OMF) Brazilian, older guy, he's new haven't seen him much (i live in the US) but i hear he's done quite well (Boca's most recent high profile signing)
Battaglia (DMF) young kid, i think he is 22 or 23, slightly undersized but intelligent defender with decent enough ball skills to attack, rumored to leave in January to Villareal
Burdisso (CB)
I think he is 23, sometimes can get a little too emotional and rough, when he is focused he is VERY good, strong, fast, good header, good man to man defender. I'm surprised he is still in Boca, he played extremely well for Argentina's undefeated U-20 team (the one with saviola, d'alessandro, coloccini) I expect him to eventually find a place on the national team

I posted in another topic, Tevez is in the middle of a dispute between argentine FA, clubs, the argentine courts, and FIFA. He is also injured, but reportedly practiced in-game for the first time today. It is possible FIFA will punish him and disallow him to play, but i hope the Japanese sponsors use their muscle to ensure he is there (they often stipulate in contracts that the star players have to go and Boca actually has a fanbase in Japan). Otherwise, FIFA would like to make an example out of him that they have the power over players, not the local courts, not the club, and certainly not the player.

I think Boca can still challenge Milan without him. Schevchenko is in pretty good form though, it will be a good game

oh and I was right, South America has 21 titles, Europe 20. You guys might finally catch up : )

this is the problem: in 1999, the argentine court passed a law for soccer players, with various regulations including how to handle disputes between clubs and the FA over players being called up. the relevant article says if a player is called up to the national team, the only reason he doesn't go is because of injury, the player is ineligible to play for his club while the NT is playing.

so, the problem begins: at the time boca is leading a title race. (nevermind the whole damn world cup got postponed a year!) other teams in the race have given up their players for the NT (bitter rivals river complained on principle, the b*stards) so they got the FA involved. Once the FA got involved, Tevez (who is injured quite seriously, no way is he going to play much IF he gets to the milan game) sends a lawyer to court, 2 days before the team is going to leave for the tournament. the judge says he has a right to work and if he wants to work for his employer they cant impede him.

at this point, the title is already decided (without tevez), and the sub20 team is doing just fine. so now the Argentine FA has to convince FIFA to lay off him (FIFA just dont want a precedent of national courts going over their rules for players).

I think in the end, Blatter will back down, the Japanese sponsors should demand Tevez play

I just feel bad for the kid, FIFA is totally screwing with him, its not that he doesnt want to play for the U20, the other is a bigger game for Argentine soccer

the coach who selected him knowing this would happen says he's developed him since age 14 and this is his last chance to coach him

yeah they messed this one up real good. i still think he should play with boca and not the U20. he is much more important to boca

great, thanks for the input big guy... *shaking my head with disgust* jesus, you obviously don't have a clue what you're saying do you... this is the game of football... stats on paper wont win the match...

-azn

Milanista said:
WOOOO We're THRU!
hahahha, some shite football i've got to admit, but i think milan played the nice guy and made brugge beat ajax for nought, letting celta have another go at it ;)

-azn

Back
Top Bottom