1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

6 Nations thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Coopz, 2 February 2005.

1. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    well it kicks off with France vs Scotland on saturday followed by The Mighty England vs Wales

How does everyone think this will go?

Will we miss Wilko, The Captain who has yet to Captain?

And what about our young squad including 18 year old Mathew Tait?

The last few England matches have been great and we looked in great form narrowly losing out to Australia in our last match (which we would have won with Wilkinson)

2. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    This could well be the most wide open 6 nations ever, any team could win it. Looking at England I think they will be hampered by the injuries and the new look to the team.

We will see how it goes though, you never know

3. smango

smango Guest

Should be one of the best six nations in recent years. The winner in my mind will either be England, France or Ireland, though the Welsh have been fast improving of late. Should be an even more intriguing battle between Scotland and Italy for last place.

4. gunnerglory

gunnerglory Guest

[​IMG]

van Esbeck, great irish name that.

5. loz

loz Guest

Scotland, along with the officials, shot themselves in the foot, i thought. What a bad call that was for the disallowed try though!!!

England were poor imo and Wales probably just edged it. Our kicking game just wasnt working and Wales ran the ball far better and in much more dangerous areas, imo. Although we were camped outside their 22 line for much of the second half.

6. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    I think we just about deserved a draw out of that game, there were periods where we could have scored but just couldnt get that extra yard or two and the same can be said of Wales. Their kicking was the difference in the end

7. smango

smango Guest

After watching the performances of England and France, I'm of the opinion that the Irish are shoeins to win.

8. smango

smango Guest

A good win for the Irish

9. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Looking to be the first competitive 6 Nations for some time.

10. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    YEAH !!!!!!!!!

england 17 - 18 FRANCE

11. biggertam

biggertam Winning means Everything

17 January 2003
    Dumbarton -Scotland
    Celtic
    oh dear seems England are not doing so well;) ..........well done France\\:o/

12. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    I said before the tournie that Hodgson would lose it us

How right is that although, Barkley missed 3 as well today

Without Wilkos kicking we are wank, with him we are world class so really we are a 1 man team

13. smango

smango Guest

The results for this weekends six nations
    England 17 France 18
    Scotland 13 Ireland 40
    Italy 8 Wales 38

Another week another loss for England, the French stay on track to win consecutive six nations titles and the Irish reaffirm themselves as favourites to win the title and the Welsh won as well, but it was only Italy so who cares!

14. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    France won't win it. I reckon it will be the Welsh. Whatever, it's good to see a balanced tourney for a change.

15. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    The guy cant kick straight, how difficult can it be to kick a ball between 2 really large sticks?

At the moment the Irish are looking good and will be on a high when they play England in 2 weeks due to their humping of the Scots

16. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    We do love a good Scot humping! :D

17. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    That'll do sonny!! ;)

Scotland really are mince, although England aren't far behind. :lol:

FD

18. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Yeah but as Leboeuf once said

"who cares we won the World Cup"

;)

19. smango

smango Guest

You won the world cup because of Wilko. Without him you are shite.

20. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    And?

We won it :)

You cant take that away from us ;)

21. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Yep, we won it. :mrgreen: ..and it wasn't just because of Wilko. A really solid bunch of forwards helped.

22. smango

smango Guest

You deserved to win it. I was merely commenting that without Wilko your team is merer shadow of the won which won the world cup

23. gunnerglory

gunnerglory Guest

Who is that guy who plays for Ireland with the mad curly hair? He looks like a right Paddy. I saw him coming on as a sub a couple of times maybe last year sometime. Big bushy curly hair and a big fat arse, a true country bogger. Anyone know?

24. gunnerglory

gunnerglory Guest

Is Paddy Johns still playing?

[​IMG]

25. smango

smango Guest

[​IMG]

Shaun Byrne

26. juventus11

juventus11 Guest

What the heck happend to Italy,
    They lost to whales by 30 points:(
    What the heck happend?

27. smango

smango Guest

E chi se ne frega?

28. gunnerglory

gunnerglory Guest

That's the man! Look at the head on him! I bet he has a feed of Guinness and a load of steak and kidney pies every night then goes out the next day and mauls round him like a wild boar on the field. If he was on the playground I'd pick him first, the head on him alone would put the fear of God in any opponent. Ah that's great, thanks smango!!! You've made my day.

IRELAND V ENGLAND SUNDAY!!!! WOOHOO. GO ON THE PADDIES!!!!! TAKE CARE OF THOSE BRITS!!! THEM AND THEIR JONNIE PILKINGTON 'AVE DOMINATED TOO LONG!

[​IMG]<There's our prop forward and fly-half for Sunday

Major session lined up this weekend. pints galore, can't wait!!!

29. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    FRANCE 18 - 24 WALES
    What a game !

Last edited: 27 February 2005
  30. smango

smango Guest

Ireland 19 England 13

Ireland look set to claim their first grand slam title in 57 years!