4K TVs

I've tested, no big differences from Dynamic color for input lag it seems...
But i don't really see the difference neither in movement and color, perhaps on Game mode is less pronounced, don't know

Best to desactivate it so, you're right
How does PES 2019 look in HDR with high DC? Do you feel it's any different? Better or worse?

Do you like or dislike the effect in general?

As for me I can't go back to non HDR if a game has it. It feels like it brings life to a picture. The lighting especially feels 3D. I don't know how else to explain it.

It's looking good, but the issue with the contrast/backlight changing is very ennoying, and high DC pronounce that issue too much... Looks like there's a dwarf behind the TV who's changing permanently the contrast/backlight from high to low.

About the picture itself, Game mode + HDR + DC don't give me the impression of a something that pops up my eyes to be honest... White have some shades if the rest of the picture is darker, and same for other more light color, like i don't know, sky blue as an example.

But on standard or every other mode without DC, before i've switched on Game Mode, yes, it was looking very different and pictures takes life as there's 60 photography by second, like you've said about the lighting (lighting is compromised by the DC on game mode) I was outstanded.

To resume Game mode + HDR + DC i'm just "ok, it's beautiful, a bit tern due to some option missing... But i could make without it"

Last edited:
It's looking good, but the issue with the contrast/backlight changing is very ennoying, and high DC pronounce that issue too much... Looks like there's a dwarf behind the TV who's changing permanently the contrast/backlight from high to low.

About the picture itself, Game mode + HDR + DC don't give me the impression of a something that pops up my eyes to be honest... White have some shades if the rest of the picture is darker, and same for other more light color, like i don't know, sky blue as an example.

But on standard or every other mode without DC, before i've switched on Game Mode, yes, it was looking very different and pictures takes life as there's 60 photography by second, like you've said about the lighting (lighting is compromised by the DC on game mode) I was outstanded.

To resume Game mode + HDR + DC i'm just "ok, it's beautiful, a bit tern due to some option missing... But i could make without it"
Have you tried contacting LG about the dark HDR issue? I thought it was just an oled thing, and they actually fixed it for us not long ago (I thought they forgot about us tbh).

Edit: oh, have you actually tried updating the TV? The question might sound silly but I'd rather ask than not :D

Have you checked what the latest fw is?

And btw, you can always return the TV saying HDR is too dark and you're not happy paying for this, and just go for the other TV we mentioned. You have the right.

Edit: check this out https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098005-20150410129990-dark-or-dim-picture

Try emailing them there.

Edit: if you're still very happy with the TV though, you can always use other HDR modes (I think you have bright, vividz standard, etc?) If you really don't feel input lag and turn DC off. See what you're more happy with. Always turn off all the post processing stuff though; true motion, dynamic color, whatever.

Last edited:
Yes i've tried to update the OS, and it mentionned that the WebOs was already up to date when i buyed it.

I'm still happy with the TV even in game mode, only that i hate what they purpose to do to "correct" it (Dynamic contrast high level), a bit "blinky" for gaming.
I think i will use one of the other mode (standard HDR with all desactivated for less input lag > good rendering /colors, no dark issue)

But i will e-mail and feedback them, the issue is only for "gaming" mode. Saying it still too dark and DC is not really good for gaming experience.

Yes i've tried to update the OS, and it mentionned that the WebOs was already up to date when i buyed it.

I'm still happy with the TV even in game mode, only that i hate what they purpose to do to "correct" it (Dynamic contrast high level), a bit "blinky" for gaming.
I think i will use one of the other mode (standard HDR with all desactivated for less input lag > good rendering /colors, no dark issue)

But i will e-mail and feedback them, the issue is only for "gaming" mode. Saying it still too dark and DC is not really good for gaming experience.
Yeah exactly. That's the same problem we had. Only game HDR.

EDIT: Found something better for you. This, https://www.lg.com/be_fr/support/software-firmware?search=49SJ810V&pageVisibleFlag=2

Shows you the latest FW, and there are also ways to contact them below; phone, email etc.

Last edited:
And another thing, do you have energy saving mode Off? Because you should. And deep color hdmi on? I'm assuming if you went by rtings settings these were done already.

EDIT: @Nizpakes @vialli82

Try this guide by avforums https://www.avforums.com/PicturePerfect/

Takes you through steps explaining things too.

These are for normal viewing. For gaming, note this part
Attention gamers! If you have a Game mode on your TV, then this will be fine for your game console inputs. The Game mode usually bypasses all picture processing in order to reduce the delay between the action in your game and the picture on your TV.

In your case @vialli82 if you're still unhappy with game HDR + DC (after making sure you set all the other settings correctly first; eco mode/energy saving mode off, deep color on etc), stick to standard HDR if input lag isn't affecting you.

Last edited:
Yeah, i always desactivates eco mode/energy save mode on monitors/tv, and yes Deep color hdmi is on.

I have a bit of aknowledge about TV and like to test everything until i don't figured out the issues, so you can be sure that everything was tried before on Game Mode especially, i know that mode desactivate every process for less input lag.
But there's isn't a thousand of thing to try, there's too many options greyed.

In fact, all those things haven't changed since the FHD era. Only Smart + 4k + HDR, and some new features for image motion, but if you already got a good FHD tv before, there's isn't that much new things.
A thing unrelated to image that i really like, it's that all configurations are automatically saved from every HDMI port...
But not only that, if you have for example port HDMI1 + HDR, and the same port (HDMI1) without HDR, you've can assign two different image configuration.

When i quit an HDR Game from the PS4 pro, i got the settings that the TV have recorded, from every type of signal.
Pretty cool feature, i don't know if all the Smart TV does that, but on a Phillips + Smart tv, there was... One configuration for all the HDMI.

Btw i'm up to date from the version (i've installed the TV with a ethernet cable > automatically)
I will stick to Game Mode for now on, and test your website too

I bought my 55" Sony at the eve of HDR inclusion, not even sure if it is 'true hdr' or whatever, there are times when I am watching HDR TV shows where they just look ridiculously bright and dark scenes therefore don't look great (not an oled) , when it comes to games on the other hand, it is on a different level and I feel like I couldn't even go back to non-hdr game once I have seen it in that mode. Hitman, Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Everybody's Golf all look phenomenal with it on.

I bought my 55" Sony at the eve of HDR inclusion, not even sure if it is 'true hdr' or whatever, there are times when I am watching HDR TV shows where they just look ridiculously bright and dark scenes therefore don't look great (not an oled) , when it comes to games on the other hand, it is on a different level and I feel like I couldn't even go back to non-hdr game once I have seen it in that mode. Hitman, Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Everybody's Golf all look phenomenal with it on.
Which TV is it if you don't mind me asking?

I haven't gone into that, but then again it doesn't bother me that much. It's mostly the Netflix hdr stuff that sometimes looks less than fantastic. I was just finishing Westworld S01 on Blu-Ray, for example, and could not have been happier with the image. I'm sure it could be made better, I might look into it one day.

I haven't gone into that, but then again it doesn't bother me that much. It's mostly the Netflix hdr stuff that sometimes looks less than fantastic. I was just finishing Westworld S01 on Blu-Ray, for example, and could not have been happier with the image. I'm sure it could be made better, I might look into it one day.
Ah. You can do the simpler one, not the paid professional one. You can try the avforums guide above. Pretty simple stuff.

I know this is the TV thread, but it is kind of on topic..

Does anyone know, or recommend a decent soundbar?
So far I have tried the Q Acoustics Media 4, which is apparently the best under £300 according to reviews and an LG SJ8 sound bar.

The Q Acoustics was better than the TV but looked ugly as hell, but still not amazing.
The LG one was just all bass and really was quite poor at dialogue.
I have also heard a couple of others round mates houses and they been like £100-£150 ones and TBH don't sound much better than normal TV sound - Which is an issue as my LG B7V OLED sounds pretty shite.
So I don't know if generally all Sound Bars are complete cack, or I was blessed with owning Logitech Z-5500 speakers for years and they were incredible, but they broke and quite hard to get hold off again now.

I know this is the TV thread, but it is kind of on topic..

Does anyone know, or recommend a decent soundbar?
So far I have tried the Q Acoustics Media 4, which is apparently the best under £300 according to reviews and an LG SJ8 sound bar.

The Q Acoustics was better than the TV but looked ugly as hell, but still not amazing.
The LG one was just all bass and really was quite poor at dialogue.
I have also heard a couple of others round mates houses and they been like £100-£150 ones and TBH don't sound much better than normal TV sound - Which is an issue as my LG B7V OLED sounds pretty shite.
So I don't know if generally all Sound Bars are complete cack, or I was blessed with owning Logitech Z-5500 speakers for years and they were incredible, but they broke and quite hard to get hold off again now.

Do you have the room for a proper speaker setup even just small satellite speakers with a 5.1 setup?

I would always recommend getting a proper amp and speakers to get a million times more immersive experience with everything you watch or play.

I upgraded my Onkyo amp to a 7.1 Atmos capable one last year (it only cost me £125 off AVF second hand) and went and bought 2 cheap ceiling speakers and am now running a 5.2.1 Atmos setup and it is unreal with the extra 2 speakers on the ceiling, anything flying over head or people above you in games makes you look up haha and when it rains or there is a storm in a film or game, it sounds like your outside in it for real lol.

Do you have the room for a proper speaker setup even just small satellite speakers with a 5.1 setup?

I would always recommend getting a proper amp and speakers to get a million times more immersive experience with everything you watch or play.

I upgraded my Onkyo amp to a 7.1 Atmos capable one last year (it only cost me £125 off AVF second hand) and went and bought 2 cheap ceiling speakers and am now running a 5.2.1 Atmos setup and it is unreal with the extra 2 speakers on the ceiling, anything flying over head or people above you in games makes you look up haha and when it rains or there is a storm in a film or game, it sounds like your outside in it for real lol.

I might be able to do something like this.

What AMP and speakers do you have?
After testing a couple of Sound Bars I am so tempted at the moment to just re-buy the Z-5500s from eBay.

I might be able to do something like this.

What AMP and speakers do you have?
After testing a couple of Sound Bars I am so tempted at the moment to just re-buy the Z-5500s from eBay.

I’ve got some Jamo speakers which I’ve had for ages and a Onkyo 656 amp. Both bought second hand so cost around £250 all in.

Trust me, don’t waste money on a soundbar which will only add bass to your setup get some proper surround sound (speakers and amp, not these all in one packages) on the go to match your already great kit.

An OLED, High end PC and a console, your only missing one thing to take it to a top home theatre setup.

Last edited:
Just think, all encompassing sound coming from the left, right, back and front (even above if you get an Atmos amp) or sound just directly in front of you!

I know which I’d choose, especially as a gamer ;)

Which is an issue as my LG B7V OLED sounds pretty shite.
Out of curiosity, did you try changing the Sound settings on the TV? When I first got my C6 I thought it was horrible, until I went into Sound settings and switched on Smart sound mode, plus changed a few other settings.

Genuine question as I'm unsure if people try this first.

Out of curiosity, did you try changing the Sound settings on the TV? When I first got my C6 I thought it was horrible, until I went into Sound settings and switched on Smart sound mode, plus changed a few other settings.

Genuine question as I'm unsure if people try this first.

Yeah tried the Smart Sound mode, made it slightly better but still not great.

I am going to wait for Black Friday and hopefully can get a good deal.

What about these, 49MU7000, 55MU7000 (and another web one), and 55MU7070? I think it's a Belgian store right?

About the previous comparisons, I was looking at the USA versions of MU7000, and apparently they're not the same as the EU MU7000. It's a bit confusing, but apparently the EU MU7000 = USA MU8000. Weird I know, but it's Samsung (Not just Konami is weird, lol). In this case, I very much recommend the MU7000. The difference between the 49" and 55" linked above is 60hz vs 120hz. That 55MU7070 linked above is cheaper for some reason, sitting in between the 49" and 55" in price. Don't know if you want to go for that one instead. If so, I'd call them up if I were you and ask about the difference between that and the 7000. Sometimes the difference is just the stand, or something irrelevant.

If you want to stick to your budget however, definitely go for the 49MU7000, even if it's 60hz. It's superior to the SJ810v.

Try checking out the 49" or 55" MU8000 (I think it's the MU8000 if you guys get US versions. If EU, MU7000). Or the LG SJ810v.

You guys can check out this review:

And this from avforums.

The ones I've seen have ok input lag, around 30ms. I think it depends on the model though.

In Spain has good prizes with low shipments!

Back
Top Bottom