4K@60hz VS 2560x1440@144hz

But how would I go about removing my current AMD Radeon information off my system so there won't be compatibility issue after installing the NVIDIA one?.

Have you not changed any other components recently?

Did you format your machine at this time?

You will just need to go to Control Panel and use the uninstall programs to remove the drivers and that will get rid of any ATI stuff off your machine.

Have you tried overclocking your i7 7700K? I bought one at the weekend and only getting 5GHz out of it.

Have you not changed any other components recently?

Did you format your machine at this time?

You will just need to go to Control Panel and use the uninstall programs to remove the drivers and that will get rid of any ATI stuff off your machine.

Have you tried overclocking your i7 7700K? I bought one at the weekend and only getting 5GHz out of it.

Yes, but I don't know how to measure the impact. How to know the result of my overclock for sure.

Installation:-
You seem to know how to install components so won't be an issue for you, only thing is to make sure you have the correct connectors for it.

By the way, I forgot to ask about that line: I guess the right connectors are the same I was using for my R9 290x?

Use display driver uninstaller to remove all trace of AMD before installing your new card http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html you definitely can't assume windows will properly remove all AMD stuff and there won't be a conflict somewhere.

As for installing the gfx card only tip you need to remember is to resist the urge to tighten the screws as tight as you possibly can, that can actually lead to it being unseated in the slot (lesson I learned many moons ago), tighten the screws firm but not overly tight.

Use display driver uninstaller to remove all trace of AMD before installing your new card http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html you definitely can't assume windows will properly remove all AMD stuff and there won't be a conflict somewhere.

As for installing the gfx card only tip you need to remember is to resist the urge to tighten the screws as tight as you possibly can, that can actually lead to it being unseated in the slot (lesson I learned many moons ago), tighten the screws firm but not overly tight.

Nice tip. I would have never thought about that.

Does it actually change anything whether I attach the card to the motherboard first and then connect the 8-pin cables (I don't know the name in English) or the other way around?.

You mean the power cables on the graphics card? I always connect them after the card is installed, trying to install a card with cables attached can reduce the mobility of the card a bit when getting it into position, sometimes I've forgotten to add the power cables before booting up but you usually figure that out pretty quick and no harm is done ;)

You mean the power cables on the graphics card? I always connect them after the card is installed, trying to install a card with cables attached can reduce the mobility of the card a bit when getting it into position, sometimes I've forgotten to add the power cables before booting up but you usually figure that out pretty quick and no harm is done ;)

Alright! Thanks!
This will be my first time installing a VGA, even though it looks easy... I don't want to leave anything up to the odds. It's a pretty damn expensive card to go around taking risks.

So I guess that the only thing I need from the box is the VGA itself? Nothing else?

Yep in theory you shouldn't need something else, the only potential issue could be the amount of power connectors you need in comparison to your old card, I had an issue where my PSU didn't have enough VGA power connectors (had 6 needed 8 or something) so I had to get an adaptor which goes onto one of the standard molex similar to this:
8pin_to_Molex_EPS_12v_ATX_Motherboard_Power_Cable_adapter.png

Yep in theory you shouldn't need something else, the only potential issue could be the amount of power connectors you need in comparison to your old card, I had an issue where my PSU didn't have enough VGA power connectors (had 6 needed 8 or something) so I had to get an adaptor which goes onto one of the standard molex similar to this:
8pin_to_Molex_EPS_12v_ATX_Motherboard_Power_Cable_adapter.png

I certainly hope it won't be the case!

Thanks!
I'll make sure to watch some Tutorials on Youtube before proceeding. Wouldn't want anything to go wrong with a 700 GBP card...

Have you overclocked your CPU?

I am not interested in GPU overclocking, seen it go wrong way too many times for me to attempt it.

Have you overclocked your CPU?

I am not interested in GPU overclocking, seen it go wrong way too many times for me to attempt it.

Yeah, small CPU overclock. I haven't messed much with it because when I got this CPU 4 months ago, I already had in mind to get this GPU by this time of year. So I figured I would perform the full overclocking for the CPU along with the GPU one, all at once.

Yeah, small CPU overclock. I haven't messed much with it because when I got this CPU 4 months ago, I already had in mind to get this GPU by this time of year. So I figured I would perform the full overclocking for the CPU along with the GPU one, all at once.

Ok, since your using Air Cooling you should be able to reach 4.8Ghz with decent temps and a stable overclock.

I will post my BIOS settings later.

Won't be the same for your PC but you should be able to copy for similar results.

I will post my BIOS settings later.

Won't be the same for your PC but you should be able to copy for similar results.

Ok pal, waiting for it.
I should be getting my VGA within the next few hours and I will install it after work, and start overclocking, so would be nice to have your settings before then =) If not, I will be grateful all the same.

Yeah! I've got it yesterday! From Amazon UK to Argentina in 6 days. Awesome!
I installed and everything is up and running.

However, it being my first Nvidia card in a long time and new to the 144hz world I'm having a hard time getting used to everything. Haven't tried Overclocking it yet.

For example, PES 2017 (a game that could be run with a 1GB VGA with no problem at all) doesn't run as smooth as one would expect. I've tried with 144hz, or limiting it to the application's default, etc.... but every now and then there's a micro-stutter or something that just doesn't feel right.

I honestly haven't tried with other games yet since I've had very little time and I always use PES as the threshold because it's just a bullet-proof application which doesn't really require too many resources, which is why I was surprised when I couldn't find the perfect settings right away-

So if any of you could send a few screenshots of how you've got your Nvidia Control Panel set up for PES, that would really be helpful-

I'm going to try COD and HITMAN tonight! =)

For FPS limmit, especially with G-sync monitors, you should use RTSS instead of Nvidia inspector. Because RTSS doesn't add much input lag as Nvidia inspector FPS limiter.

Nvidia Inspector FPS limiter has it's uses though. But they're mostly for non -sync monitors. The most notable one is locking FPS to half/integer of refresh rates. The Adaptive Half refresh in NVCP isn't that efficient with frame pacing. But Nvidia Inspector FPS limiter offers consistent frame pacing when you lock it to half or any integer of your refresh rate- making 30 FPS good as consoles do, on a 60Hz/120Hz non G-sync monitor.

For FPS limmit, especially with G-sync monitors, you should use RTSS instead of Nvidia inspector. Because RTSS doesn't add much input lag as Nvidia inspector FPS limiter.

Nvidia Inspector FPS limiter has it's uses though. But they're mostly for non -sync monitors. The most notable one is locking FPS to half/integer of refresh rates. The Adaptive Half refresh in NVCP isn't that efficient with frame pacing. But Nvidia Inspector FPS limiter offers consistent frame pacing when you lock it to half or any integer of your refresh rate- making 30 FPS good as consoles do, on a 60Hz/120Hz non G-sync monitor.

What's RTSS?

Well... I've tried pretty much every combination I could think of. From Nvidia Control Panel and with Riva Tuner Statistics Server, still can't get PES 2017 to run smoothly. It runs at steady 60fps but it just doesn't flow as it should.

I also tried setting it to 59 through RTSS. No luck.

Other games such as Hitman run perfectly fine at 2560x1440 with everything set to ULTRA level of details.
I think PES isn't a badly optimized game, actually it's a pretty simple game so I can't understand what the problem is.

If any of you has a similar setup to mine, PLEASE help me out with some screenshots!
THANK YOU.

Well... I've tried pretty much every combination I could think of. From Nvidia Control Panel and with Riva Tuner Statistics Server, still can't get PES 2017 to run smoothly. It runs at steady 60fps but it just doesn't flow as it should.

I also tried setting it to 59 through RTSS. No luck.

Other games such as Hitman run perfectly fine at 2560x1440 with everything set to ULTRA level of details.
I think PES isn't a badly optimized game, actually it's a pretty simple game so I can't understand what the problem is.

If any of you has a similar setup to mine, PLEASE help me out with some screenshots!
THANK YOU.
It's called microstutters. It's probably frame pacing issue with the game.

Try the following:
- Do not limit FPS using RTSS.
-Set Max Pre rendered frames to 1 and then try with 3. Set only for this game via Nvidia Driver, not for all games [Global].
-Lock to 60 FPS using Nvidia Inspector.
-Play in fullscreen mode.

If that doesnt work, turn off Gsync. Turn on Vsync in PES settings. Set desktops refresh rate to 60Hz. Turn on PES and make sure refresh rate is 60Hz [not framerate but refresh rate]. The monitor's OSD should show the current refresh, check from there.

That's all I have in mind right now. I do not guarantee if these will fix it. But ^tricks seems to reduce microstutters for me in some games.

Being that said, PES 17 definitely isn't as smooth as FiFA 16 and 17. FiFA 16 and 17 looks super smooth due to its motion blur and ofcourse proper frame pacing. And yeah, I had trouble making MGS V look smooth despite having locked 60 FPS. So I guess its an issue with Fox engine?

It's called microstutters. It's probably frame pacing issue with the game.

Try the following:
- Do not limit FPS using RTSS.
-Set Max Pre rendered frames to 1 and then try with 3. Set only for this game via Nvidia Driver, not for all games [Global].
-Lock to 60 FPS using Nvidia Inspector.
-Play in fullscreen mode.

If that doesnt work, turn off Gsync. Turn on Vsync in PES settings. Set desktops refresh rate to 60Hz. Turn on PES and make sure refresh rate is 60Hz [not framerate but refresh rate]. The monitor's OSD should show the current refresh, check from there.

That's all I have in mind right now. I do not guarantee if these will fix it. But ^tricks seems to reduce microstutters for me in some games.

Being that said, PES 17 definitely isn't as smooth as FiFA 16 and 17. FiFA 16 and 17 looks super smooth due to its motion blur and ofcourse proper frame pacing. And yeah, I had trouble making MGS V look smooth despite having locked 60 FPS. So I guess its an issue with Fox engine?

Oh I solved that recently, just a few days ago!
Not using GeForce Experience or RTSS, just the Nvidia Control Panel.
After many attempts, these are my current settings and everything runs perfectly now:

upload_2017-7-15_16-26-31.png

Back
Top Bottom