1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

360 WIRED CONTROLLER PROBLEM FOR PC

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS' started by Dee1888, 27 August 2011.

1. Dee1888

Dee1888 Hail Hail

5 October 2004
    IRELAND 06
    CELTIC
    Hi,

I have been using the wireless 360 controller for my PC for a few years without any real problems.

However, I heard that a 360 WIRED controller is just a plug and play with Windows7 64bit - so I bought one to try it out. However my PC doesn't seem to recognise it at all. I have plugged it in to a USB port and the green lights on the controller just keep flashing.

I have also downloaded drivers from the MS website and reinstalled quite a few times.

Nothing.........does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

2. sportyfox

sportyfox Fairplay Maniac

18 August 2011
    Chelsea
    ^May I ask a question? 360 wireless for the PC is also plug&play with W7 64bit. Why did you need for a wired one?

3. Hawke

Hawke ♫ Celery , Celery ♫ Staff

19 January 2005
    UK
    Chelsea
    Last edited: 27 August 2011
  4. whatsinaname

whatsinaname Non-League

1 May 2007
    I just plugged mine in, and it worked (Win 7 64 bit). The green light does flash all the time, I don't think that is indicative of a failure.

Open PES's settinge.exe, and you should see the controller in the drop down box. Once you select it there, it should work in game.

5. Stardog

Stardog Non-League

30 September 2007
    Because £100 a year for batteries is not fun?

Flashing lights seems like it's trying to connect. The controller is probably fine, but your computer won't let it, so it must be some driver issue. Open Device Manager (Right-click My Computer > Properties > Device Manager) and see if there are any yellow exclamations in the "Microsoft Common Controller for Windows".

I have a wired 360 controller and it works on W7 64-bit. No flashing lights or anything.

Try this:

Last edited: 27 August 2011