2K Sports Surprise: New Game Announcement...

tobi

"Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose."
5 August 2005
Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
Okay, so here's the deal: 2K Sports is announcing an all-new sports franchise during the VGA's on Sunday night (on Spike). What is it? No idea. Well, some idea. 1up's going to be doing an exclusive announcement about it tomorrow, as well. So this gives me (and you guys) a chance to speculate about what that title just might be.

Could it be a football game...

:-k

Okay, so here's the deal: 2K Sports is announcing an all-new sports franchise during the VGA's on Sunday night (on Spike). What is it? No idea. Well, some idea. 1up's going to be doing an exclusive announcement about it tomorrow, as well. So this gives me (and you guys) a chance to speculate about what that title just might be.

Could it be a football game...

:-k

Surely would suck if it was.

How about Boxing?

hopefully a soccer game. would be good competition for fifa and pes which is never a bad thing.
i doubt it though.

Last edited:
I think 2K Sports and Konami have a partnership of some sort going.
They together produced THIS. Maybe they work together on the next PES?

football, football, fingers crossed, please football. let it be football. football yes.

football!! :)

seriously, a good competition for lazy konami and ea from 2k sports would be massive for the genre. at least my opinion. gonna be some lame sports i don't like anyway i suppose :(

I'd have thought boxing too, though it would've been a good idea to get it mentioned during the Mayweather - Hatton fight, would've got so much attention!

Googles French Boules...

EDIT: I've seen it now.

2K Announces Don King Boxing Game for 360, DS, and Wii

Exclusive first details on 2K's new boxing game for 360, DS, and Wii.

To coincide with the Spike TV Videogame Awards, in which Don King was a presenter, 2K Games announced its brand new boxing game Don King Presents: Prizefighter. Slated to hit the 360, DS, and Wii (and possibly others, though 2K's not saying) in the spring of 2008, Prizefighter is said to provide the deepest boxing experience yet with a documentary-style approach to its presentation. More so than any other boxing game before it, the attempt is to deliver an in-depth career mode, with all the obstacles that face a real boxer -- which is where the legendary boxing promoter's expertise comes in.

We'll have to wait to see exactly what 2K and Don King's take on boxing games will play like, but it's also worth noting that Prizefighter is being developed by 2K's UK-based Venom Games studio, the guys behind the Rocky games for PS2 and Xbox.

We'll actually be back more on the game soon -- including an exclusive first interview with the man himself, Don King -- so stay tuned!

So do we get to kill a couple of people, get off for killing one, serve time for manslaughter for the other and then be involved with lots of fraud and corruption before moving on to being the sleaziest, vilest boxing promoter in the history of the sport?

The fact it's being developed by the same team that made Rocky puts me off right away, as a lover of the sport of boxing I don't want some shitty unrealistic, arcade game like Rocky I want a true simulation of the sport.

The fact it's being developed by the same team that made Rocky puts me off right away, as a lover of the sport of boxing I don't want some shitty unrealistic, arcade game like Rocky I want a true simulation of the sport.

Why do you game at all? I mean the Rocky games were a good laugh and fun, not as total arcade as the Ready 2 Rumble; but it they were fun games, especially with mates, so if this time there is online, woot woot, FUN! Seriously mate you want every effin game to be a simulation, and if it's not you pan it. Bit fucking harsh.

So what's wrong with liking realistic games? If people like arcade games good for them, I like games with a dose of realism, whether it be a shooter, boxing game, football game or whatever. Maybe when I was 12 I'd be happy to play a boxing game with powerups and exploding fists and other such shit but I'm not 12 any more and find such things tiresome, so fucking sue me :)

I'm with Placebo here, Rocky was rubbish and I'd prefer a more realistic sim game. Fight Night isn't exactly sim but it's as close as we're getting and if it has a better career than FN, I'm happy :)

And seeing as I love the GTA series it blows your whiny bitch out of the water, the GTA series is hardly realistic now is it? :)

you obviously have never been on holiday in america, GTA is like my everyday life. Banging hookers, shooting at people, hiding out for ten minutes so the cops cool down, stealing apache gunships... perfect simulation :)

Back
Top Bottom