2010 FIFA World Cup

I noticed that the captain armband is updated(@ Ballack not @ CR...this one looks like a FA captain armband):
ss_preview_FIFAWC_I.JPG.jpg

...and the trophy platform looks good,too:
ss_preview_FIFAWC13.JPG.jpg

ss_preview_FIFAWC_W.JPG.jpg

Last edited:
yes i think too that they're a little bit bigger:
ss_preview_FIFAWC10.JPG.jpg

And somewhere I read that the scoreboard will be like the real World Cup scoreboard I think changes gives the game the wc touch

The gameplay bits look definitely bad. I don't see any hands-on mentioning any of the things that I hate of Fifa.

And for what I see, marking is still crap, passing in assisted (I guess they play assisted) it's still pingpongy, movement in close spaces is still unbearable, strength still overdone, tackling still a matter of mash buttons...

Nothing that drives me to buy it.

Looks like they are putting everything in they stripped out of FIFA 10.

They fixed the keepers back to normal, the atmosphere will be back (won't be in FIFA 11 though), etc.

I may buy this but only because FIFA 10 is so shit.

:CONFUSE:
A gorgeous new pitch - our pitch simply wasn’t good enough, so we’ve made it look superb.
:FAIL: yeah... again copy and paste from Konami... they use same 2D technology like in PES 2010 xD

While the whole idea of changing altitude effects on the ball sounds cool, it simultaneously drives me crazy... as it makes me wonder how they could think about such an intricate detail and yet miss so many important ones. Maybe the improvements I'm looking for will be amongst the 100 improvements, but then why didn't they announce the more important tweaks first?

ie. will players' touch be markedly different based on skill? Will passing with different players be different for top players? (not just on crosses, though this was good to hear) Defenders actually defending tight in the box? Traits for players to add individuality?

Praying these things will be added/changed but not holding my breath.....

Sure has been a while since I last saw Simon Humber in a video interview (think it was for FIFA 07)...but yeah, Ferdinand looks dead-on

The gameplay bits look definitely bad. I don't see any hands-on mentioning any of the things that I hate of Fifa.

And for what I see, marking is still crap, passing in assisted (I guess they play assisted) it's still pingpongy, movement in close spaces is still unbearable, strength still overdone, tackling still a matter of mash buttons...

Nothing that drives me to buy it.

You can tell all of that from 2 or 3, 5 second clips?

You can tell all of that from 2 or 3, 5 second clips?

Well, actually I do. The clips in the video are horrible, you can see the worst features of fifa 10 there:

- A defender 5 meters away of the striker inside the are, letting him receive the ball
- A defender that suddenly passes to 180º completely turning his body. The pass is intercepted because the striker was in the trajectory, but the pass was going perfectly to the feet of a mate. So, crap assisted passing again.
- You can clearly see how tackling is the same as in Fifa 10.

That doesn't mean they can't change it for the full version, but for the time being what they're talking about is miles away from what the game actually needs.

The development seems to have reached a "pesish" direction, where the game is "so great" that they only add stupid things like spectators with hats and atmospheric pression... Really, not the news I was waiting for (not that I expected them to do so in what should be a DLC instead of a full priced game).

Well, actually I do. The clips in the video are horrible, you can see the worst features of fifa 10 there:

- A defender 5 meters away of the striker inside the are, letting him receive the ball
- A defender that suddenly passes to 180º completely turning his body. The pass is intercepted because the striker was in the trajectory, but the pass was going perfectly to the feet of a mate. So, crap assisted passing again.
- You can clearly see how tackling is the same as in Fifa 10.

That doesn't mean they can't change it for the full version, but for the time being what they're talking about is miles away from what the game actually needs.

The development seems to have reached a "pesish" direction, where the game is "so great" that they only add stupid things like spectators with hats and atmospheric pression... Really, not the news I was waiting for (not that I expected them to do so in what should be a DLC instead of a full priced game).

I agree, the ball acting differently due to altitude is total PR garbage, all this "listened to the FIFA10 complaints" sounds good but I think most of them will still be in 11 let alone be irradicated in the WC FIFA10 add on...
EA ballsed up as far as I'm concerned with 10 and then alienated alot of its fans by thier total lack of response and respect to the buying public.

They will have to earn that back with more than PR and tweaks...

I've read a couple of previews but neither of them mentioned whether EA have learnt the offside rule yet, anyone know if they have?

Um, no. FIFA does not use a 3D turf and has as far as I know never done so.

:CONFUSE: do you ever played fifa 10 or 9 ???
6cf8ad3f7190.jpg

2qch1t3.jpg

this is 3D turf , PES 2008 , PES 2009 have 3D turf too , bue PES 2010 use other technology whit 2D turf , now EA copy same technology for WC 2010...

Last edited:
While the whole idea of changing altitude effects on the ball sounds cool, it simultaneously drives me crazy... as it makes me wonder how they could think about such an intricate detail and yet miss so many important ones. Maybe the improvements I'm looking for will be amongst the 100 improvements, but then why didn't they announce the more important tweaks first?

ie. will players' touch be markedly different based on skill? Will passing with different players be different for top players? (not just on crosses, though this was good to hear) Defenders actually defending tight in the box? Traits for players to add individuality?

Praying these things will be added/changed but not holding my breath.....

'The ball behaves differently when playing at altitude' is a nice bullet-point for EA to put on the back of the box.

Typical gimmicks without addressing the real issues.

no way. I am not buying this. Fifa10 is good game for 1vs1 or online but it looks like fifa 10,2 with new teams.waiting for 11

Ea needs to improve defense tightness in and around the penaty area. In videos i saw defenders are still defending strikers loosely. Strikers easily get the ball, turn and shoot which is not that easy in real life.

I think, like in real life, players should have area of vision in soccer games (sound inputs canbe added to that). they should see the players in their area of vision, And the players outside of this area should invisible be to the player. Good midfielders like iniesta, xavi may have better area of vision differentiating them from other players. Also this may prevent unrealistic pinpoint back passes. Players can pass to the players in their area of vision. But again they should also have memories,i mean the players outside of the visual area should not become invisible instantly. Also Again ,like real life, players should be able to look around while receiving passes for searching available players (these attributes also should be better in good midfielders). I think this is very logical and this may prevent ridiculous ping pong passing and unrealistic passing to the players out of visual area (like back passing).

What do you think guys?

This game still looks a complete mess!

What makes it worse is that idiot talking about the game, it's like he dosen't even care!

All i see is gimmicks, gimmicks and more gimmicks!

Back
Top Bottom