2005 FIFA World Player of the Year Award

Yeah it really makes me leaugh when he's compared to him, i like it when Materazzi kicks his ass hahaha, just kiddin

Why is everyone always saying Lampard OR Gerrard when they pick their top 3? And then they blame Sven when he has to make the decision. :lol:
But this is a tough choice. IMO, Lampard is the better of the two when attacking and anyone would tell you that scoring goals is the most important thing in the game. But Gerrard on the other hand brings more to the team than Lampard does in terms of attacking, defending and influencing the overall team performance. Plus the CL win has to tip the scale in his direction a little bit too.

Sulph said:
Frank Lampard, Thierry Henry and Steven Gerrard.
3 EPL players? Surely thats too much to ask for from FIFA. ;)

People think that because Juve took the Calcio last season that Zlatan proved himself or something, when the truth is that Juve was totally mediocre and unimpressive. Zlatan was also unimpressive, he was a negative influence to his team many times last season, missing chances and screwing around. There were times where he did impress, but very few.

i missd the times when Ronaldo was still winning...next year...after WC, he ALWAYS shines!! hahahahaha *hopes*

newayz, lampard?? he is a great player!! but i would rather pick Terry as a top 3 than Lampard...i know i know, Lampard plays better in international scale, but...no, not this year...sorry

Adu? Robinho? Rooney?? come on!! fine,....Rooney has a big impact on team England...but no!!! they are way too young to win it no matter how much they deserve it!!!

and only having one goalie on the list is a little sad.....

Master Flexy said:
I think Zlatan Ibrahimovic deserves it as the swede has proved all doubters wrong and is living up to his comparison to Marco Van Basten.
If you throw in the finishing of someone like Makaay with Zlatan's technical skill, you might be able to say he could one day get close to that level. Zlatan is very good technically but his finishing isn't in the same league as many current top strikers, nevermind a legend like van Basten.

For me:-

1. Ronaldinho
2. Kaka
3. Deco or Lampopo

I agree with the guy that mentioned Xavi, absolute class midfielder, he'd be 2nd if I had to choose.

FD

RuneEdge said:
Why is everyone always saying Lampard OR Gerrard when they pick their top 3? And then they blame Sven when he has to make the decision. :lol:
But this is a tough choice. IMO, Lampard is the better of the two when attacking and anyone would tell you that scoring goals is the most important thing in the game. But Gerrard on the other hand brings more to the team than Lampard does in terms of attacking, defending and influencing the overall team performance. Plus the CL win has to tip the scale in his direction a little bit too.

3 EPL players? Surely thats too much to ask for from FIFA. ;)

Hahah you clearly didnt see my revised version, i posted it soon after this one.

I cant see why everyone has Ronaldinho as there number one at the end of last season and this apart from a few tricks to brighten up his game he hasnt been that outstanding for Barcelona Xavi & Deco are consistantly outperfoancing them recently! anyhow..

1.Lampard
2.Shevchenko
3.Kaka

Ronaldinho, Gerrard and Kaka it would be in the top 3 if it was down to me simply for these reasons.

Roanldinho: has proved to be the best in the world since his move from Barcelona his technique, skill, vision, pace eveyrthing he does is just pure class.

Gerrard: Gerrard led Liverpool's charge to champions league success and that merits this award alone but his leadership and ability are unquestionable another technician his technique for me is superb his passing is top class and hes definitely a front runner.

Kaka: This guy at such a youngish age has done brilliant, to play as he did in the champions league final to lose was heartbreaking and im a man utd fan the pass fro crespo's chip was reminiscent of Zico for Brazil but his overall performance on the big stage was class and although his season wasnt as good as his first hes another who could win.

My vote goes to Riquelme. He plays for a Team that really sucks, but he was the assists leader in the Spanish league and played some amaizing matches scoring nice goals and he won an award for "making the most impressive plays in entire season" or something like that. Also, he did really well in Argentina Team, kicking Brasil´ass with a left foot shot and amaizing passes.
Kaka and Gerrad did well too. la la la.

Kaka is too young to win it. Yeah, he is great but I wouldnt say he's in the same league as Ronaldinho and Gerrard in terms or influence on the team and the match in hand.

Which is why it has to be narrowed down to Ronaldinho, Lampard and Gerrard. But I'd personally rule Lampard out of it cuz IMO, Terry is the one who holds the team together and not Lampard. And for some f*cked up reason, Terry isnt on the list.

You have to actually watch the games to judge...

Beckham has been a key player in 2005 for Real Madrid. Raúl has been performing great both with Madrid and Spain since August. Zinedine Zidane did very well from January to May.

By the way, you have to remember that Real Madrid (not Barcelona) has been the best team in Spain during 2005 (more goals scored, more games won, more points achieved). Since Luxemburgo arrived to Madrid, they've been the top team of the year. They did not win last year's league because they had an awful start, but almost caught up with Barça in the end. Do not thrash Real Madrid's numbers in 2005 before looking at the data, please. And the key player in this comeback has been David Beckham. Everybody in Spain has to agree that he is playing his best football since 1999 or so now. He surely deserves to be in.

Back
Top Bottom