1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

10MB NTL Great For PES5 Online

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by africanshox, 22 November 2005.

1. africanshox

africanshox Non-League

12 April 2002
    anyone got 10mb from ntl yet....just got mine and the upload is 512 which is great for pes5 online....current 3mb users get the upgrade for free while if you are on 2mb they will upgrade it to 10 mb but you pay the current 3mb price.

by the way if nayone plans to phone CS and ask them for an upgrade ...some of them will just tell ya that you wont get it till dec at the earliest some will even say nxt year. however i found that if you ring and say that you were in the process of upgrading to 10mb and your phone got cut off they will do it for ya.

2. Slobber

Slobber boycotting PES

3 August 2003
    Merseyside, England
    Liverpool FC
    I've got NTL 2mb. Will I get a good upload like you?

3. africanshox

africanshox Non-League

12 April 2002
    well i had 2mb as well but they had to upgrade me to the 3mb price(37.99 OUCH!!) but thats fine

4. Zygalski

Zygalski Ninja Samurai

2 February 2003
    London, UK
    England
    I think upload speeds in the UK suck compared to other areas of Europe.

5. Slobber

Slobber boycotting PES

3 August 2003
    Merseyside, England
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah, they're total shit. In America and Japan they are amazing apparently.

6. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC
    My mate in Pipex tells me they are sorting out the infrastructure for 30Mb lines in the UK(!)

7. Slobber

Slobber boycotting PES

3 August 2003
    Merseyside, England
    Liverpool FC
    Oh man. I remember playing games with a 33k modem on the Dreamcast. Now we're getting 30mb eventually? Fuckin' hell.

8. ive got 10meg, makes sod all difference, 10meg to 10meg though maybe better.

9. mattster12

mattster12 All-round Bastard

11 April 2005
    Tbh I'm perfectly happy with my 2mb download, but they think thats all that matters. I would rather they concentrate on increasing upload speeds as my current 256kb/s is laughable compared to what countries in the rest of europe and the world get.

10. africanshox

africanshox Non-League

12 April 2002
    well the 512 im getting is better than the 256 previously

11. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    To upgrade or not couple of quick questions if you dont mind do you get your connection through stb or a modem? and when you upgraded did they confirm it was a hard cap of 75gb a month?

Last edited: 22 November 2005
  12. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City

I thought it was 384kbps
    As im with Blueyonder(telewest) and got our free upgrade to 10MB last month.

13. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    the 256 upload was his 2g connection i think the same as me!

14. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    I heard that the upload rates were all going to be static even though the download rate was increased?

15. foxtrot

foxtrot Shoe bomber

24 December 2002
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Rangers FC
    For 10MB, your upload will be 512k.

16. RAISH

RAISH I WRITE THE BOOK

19 June 2004
    it can be 10meg all you like, its all about the upload and upload ratio's for ntl and blueyonder suck, as will other ADSL users.

Telewest are probably the best home user service by a long way tho.

I have 10meg but it aint going to make pes5 any better.

17. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Right i bit the bullet rang up NtL asked to be upgraded to 10mb they said ok be done in a hour, a hour later im getting 3mb rang back up today and the polite customer service agent said 10mb isnt available until December for any customers! As much i i told her i know different she persisted with her line, end of call! :roll: ](*,)

Any sugestions...?

18. foxtrot

foxtrot Shoe bomber

24 December 2002
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Rangers FC
    Wait. That's what I'm doing.

19. africanshox

africanshox Non-League

12 April 2002
    well i tested the upload speeds and it is 512 coz im getting up speeds of 55-60k a sec. The CS did confirm that the cap would be 75gb a month. But apparently the service is coming donw in price from 37.99 to 34.99

20. RAISH

RAISH I WRITE THE BOOK

19 June 2004
    it depends on what areas u live in.

I know telwest have enabled most of the lines to 10meg if needed.