1001 things I want to add to PES

Empty league and stadium slots. Do it, Konami! EA can't say a damn thing because you're not actually breaking any licencing laws!

i think they should add things form old pes games and they should let you download content like boots kits and teams and also let you edit the boots like before(pes5 & pes6)and also get some decent priemer league commentar's and for those japanese staduims you can keep those other crappy commentators also do you know that the music in pes 2009 and pes6 is compitable so if you have the know how you can change the crappy commentary and change it to pes2009 not lying.

Add in 16:10 mode, I mean come on hardly any computer owner has a 16:9 lcd monitor. Also I would love to see challenge mode again.

-- GK movements that are actually somewhat realistic.
-- Free kicks that you can actually curl via the keyboard
-- Get at least a FEW more licenses! Say Chelsea and Arsenal! And from the Bundesliga at least Bayern Munich too!

-- GK movements that are actually somewhat realistic
Totally agree.
FIFA keepers are on a different planet in terms of movements.. Too bad they don't react properly to the shots either, even if they still behave better than their PES counterparts.

Free kicks that you can actually curl via the keyboard
I think it could actually be done already, couldn't it?
Anyway, once again I agree the FKs have to be changed.. Give us back the PES5 free kicks, that were hard to master but once mastered were a lethal weapon.. A well-taken free kick could really decide a game (now they just go in, no matter how you kick them)

Get at least a FEW more licenses! Say Chelsea and Arsenal! And from the Bundesliga at least Bayern Munich too!
They won't. But I think that if they added room for all the stuff we need to "create" those licenses and left those files "empty" they wouldn't infringe any law.. Leaving us the possibility to "add" our own stuff without having to relink and/or use external solutions. Once again, it happened in PES5, why can't it happen today?

a things !?!? Insert the simbol " ' " !!! It's impossible to watch the Shirt of Kaka without the ' simbol!

10 Years of PES and the same problems!

Agree. They also need to take some other ideas back from the previous ISS/PES games aswell.. Here are some ideas that have been implemented in the past PES/ISS games and have been removed Heaven knows why:

GAME MODES:
- International challenge (PES6): You can choose a national team and bring it from early qualifiers to the World Cup final (I'm *not* saying you should have QUITE ALL the national teams in the world like happened in FIFA98, but a more various range of national teams to choose from/play against won't hurt. And please, make them selectable also in Friendly mode otherwise it won't make sense). Of course you should care about the caps aswell..
- Home/away match (PES6): Winning on away goals is something thrilling. Why did they remove that game mode?
- Training challenge (PES5): That's the reason I was so damn good in scoring FKs in PES5 (Baseggio anyone?). I'd like to have it back.
- Scenarios (ISS64): Why did they get rid of them? They'd be a nice addition: you are given a situation (such as 2-0 down at half time) and you have to accomplish some objectives (such as winning 3-2 in the end). It may be based also on "real" matches (*any* reference to the Milan v. Inter match in 2004 is not to be meant as intentional).
Maybe a "rating" system could be implemented: passing the same scenario several times would result in a different "Scenario rating" awarded each time (maybe basing on the main objective and some side-objectives, or maybe ratings for the gameplay/the goals like happened in Virtua Striker).

GAMEPLAY:
- Short high ball over the head of a player (ISS98): I try to explain it better.. I'd like to be able to "lob" the ball over an opponent's head to pass it to a teammate, if the teammate is near but the ground trajectory is "locked" by the opponent. And I'd like to do it also to get past an opponent (well, it could be done in FIFA 96 with a little training, why can't it be done now?)
- "Old" lob control (ISS PRO EVOLUTION): I feel that the lobs over the keeper were way more realistic and accurate at that time, why can't they remake them this way? Also the keeper would have reacted better in ISSPE, but it's something I'm going to say later.
- "Finesse shot" on PKs (ISS64): I'd like to place the ball where I want, at the power that I want. I'd be happy with a "weak" button, a "mid" button and a "powerful" button like happened in ISS64, but also having a power bar wouldn't hurt. Of course, if I placed the ball in the top corner with a small power, it'd become a lob shot "à la Totti".

GRAPHICS & MISC:
- Better player moves/reactions (PES6): I don't know why but the PES6 player models (even if they weren't as accurate as current ones) had way better moves compared to the ones I see in PES2009. Bring them back, please!!
..also, I'd like to have back the keeper behaviour of ISSPE on "lobs". They looked way more realistic than the current ones that just stop and stare at the ball going in.
- Better atmosphere (ISS98): It seems odd but I actually felt more "into the stadium" with ISS98 than with PES2009. If they revamped THAT stadium atmosphere today, with the improvements of the next-gen, imagine how would it be. At least add some cheering stance when the stadium looks full, come on!!
- Kit mixing (PES5): I don't care about having to reduce kits in shared palette (juce showed it can be done also without anyway), but I'd like to have it back: playing a Milan v. Inter with both teams having black shorts, well, it just doesn't feel proper.

This is just something that was here and has been REMOVED, imagine how many features can be added from scratch..

Totally stick with you.

@*aLe: all of your ideas great, cant agree more!!
----
I edited my post to update more, hope you enjoy it :)

Last edited:
Some great ideas here, with superb editing of the game's graphics to display your own. I hope some of these get included in the next installment.

Ps. WHO are the players in the Germany national team in PES 2009???? No Klose, Sweinsteiger, Ballack, Lahm etc....... where are they????!

how about a morale system like in other sports games.
so that your players will complain if they don't get minutes and it shows how they like olaying for your team.

how about a morale system like in other sports games.
so that your players will complain if they don't get minutes and it shows how they like olaying for your team.

Nice idea.. I've been discussing a simple "morale" system based merely on two counters a little time ago, it surely can be improved but it may be a good start..

It may be a long read, but there's the quote in the
Nice "morale" idea. I'd like to know what do you mean for "morale", it could become very interesting indeed ;)

It would be good to have at least a "hot streak" (let's say OF values +10%) and a "cold streak" (again, OF values -10%) feature like the ones that you could find in, let me think, NHL99 for example. And being NHL99 a 10-years-old game, I guess the whole "morale" thing could be done also in a better way (not only with the skills being updated after every match but also DURING every match):
If you are a keeper and start a match with a great save for example, you feel "unbeatable" and you'll probably perform like a ninja during the rest of the game while if you make an error you just play "scared" and the performance drops dramatically..

This is something that we actually "should" see in a football game:
We first should have a "confidence" value with a range between -10 and +10: The player starts with confidence set at 0 and it is modified for example this way (there are some "situations" that trigger a confidence change, I'll make the example of a keeper):

The keeper makes an important save at the beginning of the match: +2.
From now on he plays with values that are OF + 2%.
Then his team scores: +1.
Now his values are OF + 3%.
He misses an easy catch of an opposition cross and they score the equalizer: brings the confidence to -2 no matter how it was before.
Now his values are OF - 2%.

This means the keeper starts "normally" then gets "empowered" by the great save and acquires confidence (that allows him to play better). The goal scored by his team boosts his confidence but suddenly he makes a mistake and his confidence drops, making him play worse than normal (he's obviously scared and afraid to commit another error like the one that brought the equalizer)..

At the end of the match, the "final" confidence value is stored. The average of the confidence values of the last 5 matches (where a match not played gets a -3 as value, and a match started from the bench starts at -2 and follows the rules above) generates the "form" value.

The form value (or its closest integer) will just be used to set the value of the player confidence at the start of the next match (for example, if I have a player with 1.6 form, he'll start the next match with confidence set as 2 (that means OF values + 2%) while if my player has -3.4 form he'll start at -3.

Interesting would be also a modifier that "increases" the form in some occasions: playing against a rival team or a team that a certain player "hates", playing for the favourite team, would be things that improve a player's performance.
It's not something AI-related (it would be too much to ask for some AI caring about this), they are two mere counters but they are meant to work in order to have a player behaviour as realistic as possible.
Would it be possible? I hope so, even if I think not. At least, not from Konami at this stage.

some games are already using it, even if most of them just use a "counter" the same way I suggested..

SCAR and Evolution GT, for example, handle the "pressure": You start the race with some amount of "confidence" in a bar. When you get "stressed" by an opponent and are under pressure, this bar decreases slowly making you more error-prone, making the controls a little less effective, and when the bar is totally empty even compromising your sight so you are very likely to commit a mistake..
Total immersion racing on the other hand handles the "anger": The most you pass/hit/block an opponent, the most he gets angry. And the most he gets angry, the most he gets aggressive against you, trying to pass you every corner, and even trying to get you off road if necessary..

But these are only examples..

Hm, haven't they actually introduced some traces of morale system in 2009 Master League? That Heart thingy that grows/decreases based on the playing time that player gets in matches?

When you play the Master League, you'll find players that don't play much are more likely to have the purple down arrow.

I think the "morale"/form-system in PES2009 is very good. A well done performance in a match can bring a player to an orange or even a red arrow. But still, even though PES it just a game, in real life they train almost every day and the form cannot always remain from the previous match. Sometimes bad things happends in training and players might lose some confidence/form.

The confidence from a brilliant match might remain though, but the form can differ from day to day. So say in ML, ever match is played every week, then there is at least 3-4 trainings between the next game in real life, so it would be unrealistic if the arrows didn't got lower for some players even though he might perform good the previous week.

Geez... Really hard to explain what i mean. But i hope you understand :) I'm working on my english grammar lol. ;)

Great ideas from everybody though :) Really inspiring!

After 100s of Games with PES6,PES08,PES09 here are my favorite things I want to change:

1) Coin Toss
Please reintroduce the Coin Toss and therefore the possibility
to choose sides.

2) In FRIENDLY MODE reintroduce the possiblity (like in PES6)
to do a HOME and AWAY Match with the same teams.

3) More Chant Slots

4) More Stadium Slots

5) Better Offside

6) Better Commentary

Thanks !

first post and ale's post were absolutely brilliant and out of this world. anyone knows whether we can pass that list to konami? shldnt be too late is it? maybe through the pesgaming website? i know a pes official recently spoke to doughie from pesgaming.

You could actually step over to WENB and post those ideas in their forums. They have a special thread which is regularly scanned by a representative of Konami.

My dream named PESX

pes2009logoou9.jpg

PES2009 with LANs

This's what i most desire :D

finallansb5.jpg

Player can decide to shoot between goalkeeper's legs.
Press Square + Triagle + Direction. the Goal
depends on Shot Tech,Shot acc and player's skills:)
Narrow angle:
buttonud1.png

gochep2cw3.jpg

Still has a nice goal:devil:

gochep3copyic7.jpg

New penalty shot mechanisms

"I'm sick of having the same four directions to choose from when I take a penalty. Top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left, middle grounded, and centered high. The same six directions I've been using to take penalties since WE6I on the PS2. Give us a system like Fifa09 where you can take a direct shot, placed shot, or a chipped shot and aim it anywhere you want plus a powerbar" (Rocky evo-web forum)

- you can do the chipped shot by press L1 + Square
- if you press Square then quickly press square again before your player contacts with the ball: he will run fast but finish with small power

Chipped-shot
chipshotcopynx0.jpg

Camera Angle backs!
This feature has been ommited since PES2008, I really want Konami lets it back in PES 10

cameratypeut1.jpg

PES shop back!

Why not? this feature will help the game more interesting and it will suck you in:). Some items can be unlocked only by completing some objectives.
UNLOCK BOOTS:

unlockbootav6.jpg

UNLOCK BALLS:

unlockballsua9.jpg

You can use your salary in BAL mode!

You can spend your salary( BAL mode) on stuffs like villa, cars, accessories...Go to Phlyr/Info setting> edit player > accessories to use them. List of players with Highest salary will be updated every season. These items can be unlocked only in BAL mode .
Boots & accessories:
baleditheadls9.jpg

interviewcopyyg5.jpg

Villa::D
newsnw9.jpg

New Celebration ::D

I like Kaka's celebration very much, he pulls off his shirt and show " I belong to jesus" on his under-T-shirt .In Edit section, Edit player>Motion will have new option for Celebration: T-shirt. Just type what message will be shown when your player scores :D.
kakacelecopywl6.jpg
Create coach in Master League( 1 kind of NPC:))
That's you in ML mode! If we have "coach of the month","coach of the year".. it will be great!

scolary14gg0.jpg
Create new league-cup, create new team.
32 slots for creating new teams.:)

cupleguageteamnx5.jpg

Auto On/Off
I hate my players auto slide,tackle,..its really annoying!

autoqn3.jpg

- Add more facts, in ML mode, we can can find quality young player (13-16 years old) from Ajax,sporting,Arsenal...
and they can be trained to be future stars.Teams budget can be used in scouting, medicine agents...
- PES6 shot mechanism back! I love the shot mechanism of PES9 on PSII and PES6 , its great. This is the key that made PES realistic and attractive to gamers. It'll be fantastic if it's used in PES 10. many PES fans still stick with PES6 because its gameplay is realistic "football-feel"
- trainning challeges back!
- I love this kind of tape :
bootcopyie2.jpg
- many things from PES6 editing mode should be back (long-normal-short sock, shirt-type,...)
- etc etc :undecide:
NET TYPES :

nets1.jpg

homegroundcopy.jpg

+ More goaltypes
+ Coloured nets
+ Pattern ( striped,checked,shapes... )

Striped
2colourcontinental.jpg

Single color:

singlecolourcontinental.jpg

I agree that they should improve the gameplay ( pes 6 shot mechanism is greatest ,i think), but it's not easy to make illustrations for these suggestions. It'll be great if someone make video to illustrate the ideas. :)

Are you a member at PESFan? If so, post it there!!!

If not, ok if I do? I'll give you full credit under your name here. :)

Instead of the AFS file system for files use a database.

This would allow for users to add as many
Players.db
Teams.db
Managers.db
Coaches.db
Balls.db
Boots.db
Pitches.db
Adboards.db
Stadium.db this wont hold the stadium data but the file name or directory where stadium is stored. Otherwise the database would be too big if you have 100's of stadiums.

Two directories.
Original - Original Database that does not change. Used for on-line
User_n - User can add there's here. When game starts you can choose which database you want. The user can have as many directories they want so the can have User_1, User_2 etc.

Secondly have a season builder like football manager.
By using the database above you can create as many leagues, teams as you want. The only thing limiting you is memory on your PC or cache on a hard drive.

Script engine can be used for chants in the game. This would allow Konami to build individual scripts for teams and there supporters. For example only certain chants are heard form the home team depending on the opposition and what's going on the pitch. e.g if Man City are playing Man United the script could be for Man City maybe if (Man City are leading) then chant use "Man United have no money". or if (player used to play for Man United) then chant use "boo him".

Stadium Builder.
All Konami have to do is tell us what software and how the stadium are stored in order for us to add our own stadium.

Weather script for stadium.
Each stadium should have a script that tells you what type of weather you have during the season. Some countries would be 4 seasons like UK, others could be just 2 with hot and raining in the monsoon.

Id Love to have the kind of tape Ronaldo, Nani, and others use, just as mentioned, which makes me think about more things to add as accesories, wristbands should have a more varied range of settings, there should be an option to create your own colour for the wristbands and also to have the option of chosing the lenght of the wristbands, such as the ones Adriano used to have
050221-adriano.jpg

And also being able to select the position in the arm of the wristband, mainly to make Felipe Melo look more alike :P
90357021.jpg

And just as somenone already said, bring back the option of the short socks
90533688.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom