1/4 - Uruguay vs Ghana - poll (Evo-Web predictions wrong)

1/4 - Uruguay vs Ghana - poll

• Uruguay win

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Ghana win

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Draw (120')

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1/4 - Uruguay vs Ghana - poll

saurez really looks dangerous and hitting form and then you have forlan too.

Would love to see Ghana in the next round, but Uruguay are playing a very good football at the moment and I suppose them to win this game.

Ghana will be missing Ayew, Jonathan Mensah through suspension and there are injury doubts over Vorsah, kp Boateng.

Uruguay are well organized and have proven match winners in Suarez and Forlan.

Would be nice to see Uruguay reach the semi finals. Per head of population they have to be the number one footballing country in the world.

Two WC's, two Olympic titles 1924/1928 when the best teams went to them ie unofficial WCs and very unlucky to meet up with Hungary in 1954 when both were magnificent footballing sides.

Hope the neighbours across the River Plate keep the flag flying.

I think overall uruguay have the best team: they score easier and they make less defensive mistakes.

Ghana however have by far the best player, IMO the revelation of the tournament: Anan...the new Makelele. What a fantastic player he is...

At these teams absolutely equal chances of a victory, but the lately Ghana plays so good football that on me it would be desirable to see Ghana in a semi-final more, than Uruguay.

Uruguay is overall the better team I feel but can they keep 11 players on the field?! If not, Ghana will take it.

Uruguay has had only 4 yellow cards, while Ghana had 8 and are the second highest fouling team...

It's a very close call, Ghana are stronger but Jonathan will miss, so I go with Uruguay.

sweet goal by Muntari, can see them winning this.

Crazy ending. Uruguay can thanks Suarez. I think Ghana deserved more, but it's not always the best team who wins.

very dramatic ending lol unbelievable this games has no certainties Uruguay did it! Suarez hand of God I don`t think so :LOL:

Suarez seemt to be able to make a header in the second position to me. I'm not sure tbh but all in all he missed the semi.

Oh my god, what a climatic finish, poor Gyan became nervous just in the wrong moment and and two very poor penalties finish all dreams of Africa.

FANTASTIC ending!! Looool

Suarez is an absolute legend!! :LMAO:

can't stop laughing! what a rollercoaster!

Anybody have a video of when Suarez first disheartened by his dismissal and exiting the field suddenly bursts into celebration when Gyan misses the penalty! :LOL:

Oh man.. I couldn't stop laughing! And then the piggyback ride his team-mates give him after the game. I'd LOVE to see some short video clips of that if anyone can help. LOL

This match had all the ups and downs and excitement and tension of a World cup. I can only imagine what Uruguay's 3 million population has just gone through. LOl a real nail biter even for me, but for them... goddamn1!!

FUCK URUGUAY AND FUCK SUAREZ THE FUCKING DIRTY CHEATING CUNT!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE HIS LEGS ARE BROKEN AND HE NEVER PLAYS FOOTBALL AGAIN THE BASTARD!!!!! THAT WAS THE WORST CASE OF CHEATING IN ANY KIND OF SPORT I HAVE WITNESSED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! GHANA WERE ROBBED!! THAT WAS MEANT TO BE HISTORIC TONIGHT FOR ALL THE AFRICANS, BUT NO THOSE FUCKING CHEATS STOLE IT FROM US. THEIR A FUCKING DISGRACE. THIS TOURNAMENT IS IN A SHAMBLES NOW DUE TO THOSE FIFA CLOWNS, NO POINT IN WATCHING THE REST NOW!!! :RANT::RANT::RANT::RANT:

Nop.

Yes, Luis cheated but ref gave Ghana what they deserved. A Penalty to score to win the game and straight red for Suarez. They missed. Their own fault.

Suarez tried his luck, but got punished. All would be forgotten had Gyan converted the penalty. I'm sure not many would do what Suarez did though...

It was PURE instinctive though. I know for a fact, I would've done the exact same thing at that exact same time being in that situation and seeing the ball coming to you. So I can't blame him too much.

Point is, he got the punishment he deserves and will even miss the next match. Ghana failed to convert a golden opportunity. Gyan in particular. It's sad, and unfair but within the laws of the game, the ref did do the most he could. IT's not like he could say, no PK, and reward a goal instead.

It was a guaranteed goal. A penalty kick is not a fair offer in return for a legitimate goal had it not been fucking volleyball punted off the line. Pathetic. He is disgusting and whats worse is he will no doubt become a national hero. He should be banned from international football for that sickening lack of sportsmanship. If any Ghanian player had done the same my reaction would also be exactly the same. There is no room whatsoever in professional sports for such an outright revolting case of cheating.

I would like to apologise if I have offended anyone. I don't normally get this angry but it was quite emotional. Tonight was special. It was more than just a football game. It was meant to be history in the making.

It was PURE instinctive though. I know for a fact, I would've done the exact same thing at that exact same time being in that situation and seeing the ball coming to you. So I can't blame him too much.

Point is, he got the punishment he deserves and will even miss the next match. Ghana failed to convert a golden opportunity. Gyan in particular. It's sad, and unfair but within the laws of the game, the ref did do the most he could. IT's not like he could say, no PK, and reward a goal instead.

It's not pure instinct, not in football. 99% of players would have tried to head that ball clear. Blatant use of hands in football is not instinct, it's cheating. Suarez is a professional who's been in the game long enough to know that.

There's no justice in this world. FIFA should consider a better punishment for such an offence. There's no disincentive in this situation for Suarez to handle it, when he could've headed it off the line instead.

That's the thing though, he knew he would get sent off for that but I bet its just as painful to see the ball cross the line and you cannot do anything about it since you're scared of being called a cheater. Its them who will be heartbroken had Suarez not take that action. I'm not even sure about the free-kick which led to that.

Back
Top Bottom