1.00 Vs 1.01

bash

Non-League
29 October 2012
Luton Town
Are the changes only noticeable when playing the CPU?

I only play online and against my friends when they come round. I know there are a lot of people who only play this game offline, and also a lot of people who only play online. For me online gaming is the only way, i find plying against the CPU to be extremely repetitive.

I want to try out the differences between these versions, but if its only when u play cpu then i will not see them

Last edited:
I genuinely felt there were subtle changes gameplay-wise. But like everything, it's only my opinion. People will claim Placebo, and that's fine with me, but both my son and I feel there is a difference, and that's all the counts to us. We are sticking to 1.00 for offline play in ML.

Jimmy - Can you expand on what you feel the subtle differences are mate?
im considering removing the patch and trying for myself, just wanted to know how you feel 1.00 betters the 1.01 version

Jimmy - Can you expand on what you feel the subtle differences are mate?
im considering removing the patch and trying for myself, just wanted to know how you feel 1.00 betters the 1.01 version

We, myself and my son, both felt that there was less bias from the CPU. It felt more balanced overall. We also felt that the CPU was less clinical in front of goal. It seemed at times on 1.01, even with Championship teams, that the CPU never seemed to miss very often with 1 on 1's. Since we removed the patch we don't seem to see that anymore. They seem to miss a lot more than before.

For me the biggest difference was the space on the park. I appreciate every team plays with different formations and tactics, but we have played a full season with 1.01, and the difference was very noticable. The formations are less condensed, the play seems and feels more open. The CPU doesn't seem to sit back as much as it did.

It just feels better in my opinion. It is like they tried to tighten everything up and make it harder, but blatant with it. I see people talk of a switch back towards the PES 12 way, and I tend to agree with that.

We have also seen the possession of the CPU go up by a few percent, with many games now ending around the 52%/48% mark. It was a lot higher than that for us during the first season.

I'm aware of this whole Placebo thing, I don't usually ever buy into it, but I certainly felt a difference, and so did my son.

Just try it and see, you've had enough seasons to know and feel the difference.

Last edited:
We, myself and my son, both felt that there was less bias from the CPU. It felt more balanced overall. We also felt that the CPU was less clinical in front of goal. It seemed at times on 1.01, even with Championship teams, that the CPU never seemed to miss very often with 1 on 1's. Since we removed the patch we don't seem to see that anymore. They seem to miss a lot more than before.

For me the biggest difference was the space on the park. I appreciate every team plays with different formations and tactics, but we have played a full season with 1.01, and the difference was very noticable. The formations are less condensed, the play seems and feels more open. The CPU doesn't seem to sit back as much as it did.

^^^ That has sold it for me, thanks for your thoughts mate, shall be switching back to 1.00 and trying for myself later tonight.

Another reason make me think why this patch didn't change anything regarding the gameplay is because the patch was announced and line-up way before the game was officially released. It was planned beforehand to accommodate the new widget and community mode. Maybe it included couple of minor fix, i'm not sure, you can refer to the change log.

However, unlike the first patch, the second patch for this December, it is very different. The second patch mainly based from user feedback in these 2 months span from the original release date, and will include couple of fixes and improvement. So, i expect somewhat significant tweaks for the gameplay.

Last edited:
Another reason make me think why this patch didn't change anything regarding the gameplay is because the patch was announced and line-up way before the game was officially released. It was planned beforehand to accommodate the new widget and community mode. Maybe it included couple of minor fix, i'm not sure, you can refer to the change log.

However, unlike the first patch, the second patch for this December, it is very different. The second patch mainly based from user feedback in these 2 months span from the original release date, and will include couple of fixes and improvement. So, i expect somewhat significant tweaks for the gameplay.

By and large, with a few exceptions, the game play is great already, so lets hope they don't mess with things that they don't need to.
Zero passing could be more manual, and the final third 'nerfing' of passes needs sorting, physical jostling which always sends your player into a stumble, needs sorting, and player selection issues on 1 bar assists when playing long cross field passes is broke and needs fixing, but other than that game play is quite tight.

By and large, with a few exceptions, the game play is great already, so lets hope they don't mess with things that they don't need to.
Zero passing could be more manual, and the final third 'nerfing' of passes needs sorting, physical jostling which always sends your player into a stumble, needs sorting, and player selection issues on 1 bar assists when playing long cross field passes is broke and needs fixing, but other than that game play is quite tight.
Based on PES Production common pattern, if they really did tweak some of the gameplay aspect, it will go down as "General improvements to other modes to improve overall gaming experience." in the changelog. Vague as always.

Long cross for me is too sensitive on manual. Mean, it's too easy to overhit and underhit your long ball. Surely some tweak could do some help.

Yep, i just remember the term. The upcoming 1.02 can be classified as "post-release support". Usually this will contain significant change and tweak to the gameplay, can't say the same for patch 1.01. Two different kind of patches.

Back
Top Bottom