So are there any GAMEPLAY differences between the PC and PS4 versions of PES 2016?

Kayxero

Non-League
11 July 2010
Im confused. Ive read through all of the complaints on Steam, Youtube, Reddit, etc about the PC version of PES 2016. Ive read all the yelling about it being a old-gen port...about it being a hybrid between PS3 and PS4. Some people are saying both the PC and PS4 versions use Fox-engine, and the games are exactly the same except for graphics. But Ive read others say that the PC version is not the same exact engine, or that its missing features like new animations or new physics.

But then when I read about the details and watch gameplay videos, all I see difference wise is graphics. But a video can only show me so much without actually being able to play the game in my own hands. Well, let me tell you...I dont care that much about graphics and pretty presentations. I care most about realistic gameplay. Its why I chose PES over FIFA year after year ever since I found my love for soccer/football.

I try FIFA every year since 2010, and always felt it was more arcade-like than PES...even during the times were PES was lacking in many areas. While FIFA kicks the crap out of PES with licenses, presentation, and commentary, the gameplay favors speed-demons and ping-pong in my view. I got more realistic possession type footie from PES.

Now back on point...is the PC version of PES 2016 identical in gameplay to the PS4 version? Has anyone here played both the PC and a console version? Because I don't wanna get short changed on physics, new animations, fluidity, etc. If the PC is lacking in gameplay at all, Im considering buying a PS4 and branching my gaming out onto console for a bit.

Help me out guys.

Last edited:
Re: So are there any GAMEPLAY differences between the PC and PS4 versions of PES 2016

I have both versions and STILL do not know for sure if the PS4 version is better gameplay wise, any placebo "PS4 is better" effect can be visualized by me if the enhanced lighting effects, pitch side animations etc make me believe its better (and they ARE that much better due to Konami limiting the PC version on purpose........genuises but unexcusabley tossers at the same time.............)

I watch lots of CPU vs CPU and have only been very impressed with the organic-ness on PS4, not at all on the PC version even with all the best mods installed.

I still need to fathom if its placebo, or if the PS4 version is a more enhanced gameplay experience...

Re: So are there any GAMEPLAY differences between the PC and PS4 versions of PES 2016

My theory is, why would Konami invest extra time in removing animations, engine and gameplay elements? They were already too busy removing graphic enhancements.

I have both versions and STILL do not know for sure if the PS4 version is better gameplay wise, any placebo "PS4 is better" effect can be visualized by me if the enhanced lighting effects, pitch side animations etc make me believe its better (and they ARE that much better due to Konami limiting the PC version on purpose........genuises but unexcusabley tossers at the same time.............)

I watch lots of CPU vs CPU and have only been very impressed with the organic-ness on PS4, not at all on the PC version even with all the best mods installed.

I still need to fathom if its placebo, or if the PS4 version is a more enhanced gameplay experience...

This is exactly how I feel. Once I heard about the graphics differences, I can't help but believe that the gameplay is slightly different. If the graphics engine is different wouldn't the animations, fluidity etc. be affected too?

I have both versions (Demo on PS4, full game on PC) and the only thing i've noticed so far, is that the PS4 version, is a little bit more responsive than PC's. I feel a tiny input lag on PC (i play on windowed mode). Not like last year of course. But maybe it's my PC's responsibility and not the game itself.

Just curious, for those who own both games, what are the graphic differences between both? Does the pitch leave skid marks after a slide tackle?

The animations aren't the same, so the gameplay is different. I have it on PC and play it regularly on a friend's PS4 and I like a lot more what I play there. The players movement with and without the ball, their positioning, its a lot better on PS4. It's sad, but that's what I feel when I play on PS4.

The animations aren't the same, so the gameplay is different. I have it on PC and play it regularly on a friend's PS4 and I like a lot more what I play there. The players movement with and without the ball, their positioning, its a lot better on PS4. It's sad, but that's what I feel when I play on PS4.

I have both and is really true, diferent gameplay, pace, also ball phisics. Sad.:BORED:

I have both as well. There is a notable difference in the pace and feel of the game. It feels a lot more static in the PC version, players feel 'magnetic'. The PS4 version looks and feels smoother, and as a result plays better.

So the PS4 version is confirmed to use a different game engine from the PC version? Disappointing move from Konami if true; I don't see myself buying a PS4 just for one game.

if this is true i shit on u konami big time, because we see how guys like yair spending lot of time on the gameplay fixing aspects and giving us gameplay patches only to know even still the ps4 game is the game to be played, damn super disappointed.

No, no gameplay differences. Ive owned both versions, using a dualshock 4 controller on PC the gameplay is exactly the same. (Over 300 hours of gameplay).

There are some extra graphic features on PS4 (better crowd detail, shiny faces effects etc), but nothing I notice during actual gameplay.

in my opinion gameplay on PC is nowhere near ps4 level. missing animations, worse responsiveness, worse fluidity, input lag...

in my opinion gameplay on PC is nowhere near ps4 level. missing animations, worse responsiveness, worse fluidity, input lag...

Not one video has been posted showing any gameplay differences.

Last edited:

The differnce is in the responsiveness and animations, the collision is better on ps4, the pace is slower as a result, individuality shows more in the shooting while on pc all players can score goals from outside area.

The differnce is in the responsiveness and animations, the collision is better on ps4, the pace is slower as a result, individuality shows more in the shooting while on pc all players can score goals from outside area.

Responsiveness can be due to your PC /controller, and not all PC are the same, unlike PS4.

Do you have a videos that show what you are claiming ?

I dont see any of what you seeing. Gameplay is exactly the same. I would be interested to see if anyone can show with videos any gameplay difference.

Last edited:

Own it on both PC and PS4 and on PS4, it's more responsive and the ball physics is more dynamic. There is like half a second delay in PC than on PS4. I use a USB Controller with Direct Input.

Own it on both PC and PS4 and on PS4, it's more responsive and the ball physics is more dynamic. There is like half a second delay in PC than on PS4. I use a USB Controller with Direct Input.

Ball physics more dynamic ? got a video that shows this other than your word ?

Responsiveness you experience could be your controller / your pc. I use a dual shock 4 controller with a bluetooth controller and it is exactly the same as ps4 verson regarding input lag on my PC.

Interesting, I really appreciate the opinions. I guess it's somewhat a moot point, as the decision for me is PC PES v FIFA - which I'd imagine is the case for a lot of us.

Responsiveness can be due to your PC /controller, and not all PC are the same, unlike PS4.

Do you have a videos that show what you are claiming ?

I dont see any of what you seeing. Gameplay is exactly the same. I would be interested to see if anyone can show with videos any gameplay difference.
I can t post u have to put side by side of ps4 and and pc gameplay and try it urself to see what i mean, there is definitely more ball freedom on ps4 and slower pace game due to better animations

Yeah i use wireless xbox 360 direct input, there is definitely more delay in pc than on ps4, better animations as i said aswell, there is definitely i can bet on that, more individuality shown on players in the ps4 version, kroos is very good in midfield and make great passes,u can tell the difference btw players directly when u start playing bale is a physical beast etx so on and so fourth, neymar trickery showing more on ps4

Last edited:

I can t post u have to put side by side of ps4 and and pc gameplay and try it urself to see what i mean, there is definitely more ball freedom on ps4 and slower pace game due to better animations

I compared both, it is exactly the same , otherwise I would of kept the ps4. Must be your PC/ contoller, as it is the same on my PC and controller.

That is why I asked for anyone to post a video of 'more animations' or any gameplay differences. So far , no one has been able show any or can be explained by the PC/ controller and settings (vsync no vsync etc) of the user.

I compared both, it is exactly the same , otherwise I would of kept the ps4. Must be your PC/ contoller, as it is the same on my PC and controller.

That is why I asked for anyone to post a video of 'more animations' or any gameplay differences. So far , no one has been able show any or can be explained by the PC/ controller and settings (vsync no vsync etc) of the user.
Actually on ps4 the player feel heavier when moving the stick, ball battle are more natural and fouls are picked by the referee more, on pc its broken,so the responsive difference could be the thing btw xbox 360 wireless and dual shock 4..

Actually on ps4 the player feel heavier when moving the stick, ball battle are more natural and fouls are picked by the referee more, on pc its broken,so the responsive difference could be the thing btw xbox 360 wireless and dual shock 4..

None of that on my PC, it's exactly the same, goodluck.

Agreed! PS4 version offers a significantly better gameplay experience. The differences are blatantly obvious.

Not to me. Been there done that, PC version for me.

I am uploading a video to show the difference. It's pretty visible on the video.

Agreed! PS4 version offers a significantly better gameplay experience. The differences are blatantly obvious.
Yes bro i told u collisions btw players are more stable u dont see weird animation overriding on ps4 when players tussle for the ball, and as i said better pace of the game due to the whole animations being more stable.

i played both games ps4 and pc with mods

pc with mods has better graphics overall and the gameplay is for me better surely

only in replays the player and stadium details are at ps4 better cause of lighting.

but what brings a good lighting by silly clone faces against real faces on pc.

i will play now on pc. greets

i played both games ps4 and pc with mods

pc with mods has better graphics overall and the gameplay is for me better surely

only in replays the player and stadium details are at ps4 better cause of lighting.

but what brings a good lighting by silly clone faces against real faces on pc.

i will play now on pc. greets
Through balls are broken on pc aswell, i can confirm that, on ps4 all through balls have purpose and actually go to the intended target

Back
Top Bottom