Fifa 14 Career Mode discussions

It's not as easy as it was last year (on PC) but I'm going to keep digging til I can find the code/instruction that modifies stats in CM mode. It was incredibly simple in 13 (and blatant). Thanks @angus.

Just started a CM with Leyton Orient.

It was between them, Southend, and Spurs (why are they not called Tottenham in FIFA?). But i chose Leyton because i recently moved near the stadium not because i'm a fan.

Anyway, i noticed that we need a RB and a CM. So i did a bit of scouting and i quite like the way it works even if it is a bit confusing and laggy on the PS3. I disabled the first transfer window so i will wait until January before i make offers. As i said in the FIFA Discussion thread, to compare players i take a photo on my mobile and do it that way.

I played the first friendly against some Italian side (i think) can't remember the name though but drew 1-1.

At the moment i am playing on Professional, Normal Speed, with FULL assisted (i know you guys will hate it but i have to get used to it first) The only changes to sliders is an increase the injuries for both to 90, and decrease serious injuries to 30 for both.

I will keep you updated. :))

I just had an idea (ea, are you reading this lol); if player attributes are hidden for your opponent players, why not add an option to scout your opponent team before the match to get attributes and also team strategy, formation etc. That is how it works in real life.

Before you start the new season replace the starting lineup with the worst 11 players in your squad, will make the next season's objective a little more achievable ;)

That is a great tip. I have tried it and it works for 1st season. I am sorry I didn't know it before I started my Southampton career. It also works for 2nd, 3rd etc. seasons, right?

Somehow it would feel like cheating.

I do like the workaround for the transfer funds disappearing between two seasons. Kudos how people come up with these things.

It's not as easy as it was last year (on PC) but I'm going to keep digging til I can find the code/instruction that modifies stats in CM mode. It was incredibly simple in 13 (and blatant). Thanks @angus.
You are welcome. :COOL:

I'll post the product codes I used in FIFA 13 PC to eliminate the career mode boosts. They may or may not work in FIFA 14 as I'm still playing the demo so I can't check myself. The CPU still pressured at 80 minute mark and when down a goal etc., but the super-human CPU cheat stuff was pretty much eliminated.

USE_HOME_AND_AWAY_EFFECT_FOR_PLAYER_ATTRIBUTES = 0
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY = 1
AI_USE_MORALE_EFFECTS = 0
ENABLE_TACTICS_ANALYZER = 1
CPUAI_PROCESS_ALL_DECISIONS = 1
TEAM_ATTRIBUTE_MODIFIER = 1
TEAM_MORALE_MODIFIER = 0
TEAM_FITNESS_MODIFIER = 1
TEAM_CHEMISTRY_MODIFIER = 0
PLAYER_MORALE_MODIFIER = 0
PLAYER_ATTRIBUTE_MODIFIER = 1
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY = 0
AWAY_DIFFICULTY = 0
HOME_DIFFICULTY = 0
ENABLE_EMOTIONAL_ENGINE = 0

[CAREER_MODE]

OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_0 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_1 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_2 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_3 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_4 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_5 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_6 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_7 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_8 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_9 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_10 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_11 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_12 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_13 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_14 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_15 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_16 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_17 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_18 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_19 = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_20 = 0

DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_0 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_1 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_2 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_3 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_4 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_5 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_6 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_7 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_8 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_9 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_10 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_11 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_12 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_13 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_14 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_15 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_16 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_17 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_18 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_19 = 0
DIFFICULTY_MODIFIER_20 = 0

OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_MIN_VAL = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_MAX_VAL = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_MIN_MOD = 0
OVERALL_RATING_DIFF_MAX_MOD = 0

That is a great tip. I have tried it and it works for 1st season. I am sorry I didn't know it before I started my Southampton career. It also works for 2nd, 3rd etc. seasons, right?

No idea haven't tried it myself, will next season though!

Somehow it would feel like cheating.

I do like the workaround for the transfer funds disappearing between two seasons. Kudos how people come up with these things.

Well the game is rigged against you in a lot of ways so this is just one little way of using the game's poor programming against it, it's obvious to anyone it should be overall squad strength not starting 11 that defines how strong you are and thus what should be expected :)

Before you start the new season replace the starting lineup with the worst 11 players in your squad, will make the next season's objective a little more achievable ;)

That's a great tip and I agree with what you said. I don't deem this type of thing as 'cheating' because sometimes the board has very unrealistic expectations which are not at all real life like for the team chosen.

I wanted to start a CM with quite a few different clubs but most had ridiculous expectations and so I had to decide otherwise.

Best one that comes to mind is I was thinking about taking over St. Etienne and the board wanted me to WIN the league!! That's totally stupid since CL place is the MOST the club would hope for in real life and even that is a lofty expectation.

I'll try this tip and that should hopefully help.

@Angus - I think the 'boosting' is more blatant this year than it was last year - it didn't really bother me then, but now it just seems as though every team (in Career Mode) is composed of superhumans - quite unlike the demo, when the difference in difficulty was quite noticeable. Hopefully we can eventually get CM to play like the demo.

So anyway, where do we put all that stuff - which file does it go in?

Edit: Anyone seen a keeper get injured? I don't understand why keepers can't pick up injuries - it makes it a waste of space to put a keeper on the bench.

Last edited:
@Angus - I think the 'boosting' is more blatant this year than it was last year - it didn't really bother me then, but now it just seems as though every team (in Career Mode) is composed of superhumans - quite unlike the demo, when the difference in difficulty was quite noticeable. Hopefully we can eventually get CM to play like the demo.

So anyway, where do we put all that stuff - which file does it go in?
Last year those codes were located in the game's product .ini file. But I noticed this year Fidel released his first gp mod with his codes placed in the cl .ini file, which is normally reserved for camera and fast-start modifications. I don't know if that's because the FIFA 14 game files have changed, or if the product file is encrypted (many of the files this year were).

Last year those codes were located in the game's product .ini file. But I noticed this year Fidel released his first gp mod with his codes placed in the cl .ini file, which is normally reserved for camera and fast-start modifications. I don't know if that's because the FIFA 14 game files have changed, or if the product file is encrypted (many of the files this year were).

Oh so Fidel's already on it, eh? Got a link to that? :)

Oh so Fidel's already on it, eh? Got a link to that? :)
You mind PMing him and asking? It's a closed beta he's currently working on; pretty sure he'd send you a link. The other thing is you could try extracting the product file with FM 12 and replacing the default codes with the values I listed.

EDIT: Actually rinaldo has a new FM 14 tool; see if you can extract the product file with that. I would try, but I'm still playing the demo.

Last edited:
Why don't we 'sticky' this thread now instead of the FIFA 13 one?

p.s. Brunnoce and others, I guess you saw the BAD news yourself in regards to managing South American teams, right? :(

Going through one with Hamburg. Halfway through the first season, in 6th place. As long as I am in Europe an I am happy. Did get eliminated in the first round of the Pokal, had a Westerman sent off, held on like hell to go to penalties vs Freiburg, but I missed once and the Freiburg Keeper saved twice. I saved one they hit the post another but didn't miss again. Very frustrating.

I will say Lasogga is excellent, and VdV and Badelj control the midfield. Rene Adler is leading the Bundesliga in clean sheets. Jansen can be useful, but too many players are not up to par. Can't wait for the winter transfer to get me someone, thinking of Mohamed Salah. Might be just out of reach though, they are asking for 11 million,

My best match was away to Leverkusen, we went up early though a Jansen goal as he created the play with a darting dribble, laid it off to Lasogga, who took a shot but rebounded into Jansen who was still running through, and was left one on one with the keeper, and slotted it home. Not even two minutes later, and Kiesling put Son through to draw them level. Towards the end of the first half, Van der Vaart skipped past a defender and played a marvelous through ball for Lasogga, who used his superior strength to beat the defender and smashed it across his body. 1-2 for Hamburg. Leverkusen cameback agains through a defensive mistake by Djourou who misplaced a pass right to Kiesling, and left him one on one with Adler. He took it coolly to the bottom corner. 2-2. Tin 87th minute though, Beister dribbled past two defenders and passed it to Lasogga who was holding off a defender, Lasogga turned himself around with pure power took another touch as the Leverkusen keeper rushed out, but Lasogga just passed it right under him. 3-2. We held on for the last few minutes and took huge points vs direct rivals.

2 more games 'til the winter break.

Agreed terms with Ruben Rochina on a pre-contract bosman, then read Everton had signed him for £2m, still says he's coming to me when his contract expires but we'll see..

So, Reda Johnson (Benin international born in Marseille) after weeks of speculation in the press comes to me and says he's homesick and wants to leave, I refuse to list him and turn down West Ham's £1.5m bid (his value) and counter £3m, West Ham back off so I'm hoping he'll stay, the board announces that because he's unsettled they're going over my head and selling him, nothing happens for a week or two, then I get told they've accepted £1.5m for him from Aston Villa, pretty sure being 52 miles closer to Marseille isn't exactly going to cure homesickness!

Now Antonio has announced he wants to leave and I have no option but to list him (currently in January 2014) as he only has 18 months left on his contract and won't be worth much next season, better to sell him now and get as much as I can for him rather than the board stepping in and taking the first offer made.

I'm struggling with GSN but also liking it better then what we had before. I think it used to be too easy to filter out players you can flip for profit or upgrade your team with - now it's a struggle to find a decent player. Might not be realistic but it gives me something to do and it makes me appreciate and enjoy players I manage to find even more.

So I'm playing on World Class, and I just can't seem to score (Leicester) at all. And if I do, I let in a ridiculous goal almost immediately after. It's been a fun, but frustrating season so far. I'm mid-table and think I had a string of 5-7 games with no goals, maybe one or two of those games were 1-1 draws. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I haven't scored with a single header either.

So I'm playing on World Class, and I just can't seem to score (Leicester) at all. And if I do, I let in a ridiculous goal almost immediately after. It's been a fun, but frustrating season so far. I'm mid-table and think I had a string of 5-7 games with no goals, maybe one or two of those games were 1-1 draws. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I haven't scored with a single header either.

It's the CM 'fixing'. I'm blown away by the difference in gameplay between exhbition and CM.

Still working on a fix, have extracted the product.ini but it's encrypted this year. Thinking Jenkey's tool might work, but don't have the expertise yet.

Hopefully soon.

Noticed a couple of oddities, firstly there are some players in certain Brazilian and Mexican clubs on crazy low wages for their stats, like £750/£1k a week, not complaining though just signed a bunch of them on pre-contracts in January 2014, will flip them next season for some cash!

Also just signed the young Dutch right back Ricardo van Rhijn on a pre-contract and he actually joined right away rather than having to wait to the next season, but I'm not complaining as he'll be very useful in my promotion push.

I'm spending a second season in the championship, which...I have no idea who the sponsor is now, FL? I've picked up some decent players, grabbed Thomas Pledl fairly easily and he's been crazy good. Grabbed Jean-Eudes Maurice from PSG, a young English midfielder, and Januzaj who has terrible stats but plays very well.

I don't really understant pre-contracts. I am at 2nd transfer window (half of the season) and I managed to sign some players on pre-contract (hunt for example) which had 6 months left on contract but for Januzaj I have no option for pre-contract and he also has 6 months left?!

Btw pre-contracts seem like a steal; hunt is worth 5mil € and I will sign him fore free (and sell him when available).

I see. Thanks. It is really annoying that this game comes without any manual so you have to discover by yourself (for example, I guess that most players do not know is remaining transfer budget from current season transferred to next, what does prolific mean for scouting, pre-contracts, etc. ).

Btw in my Southampton career I was loosing 2:0 to Bolton in FA cup and out of frustration I switched to full-attack, team pressure etc and I started playing full pressure like those cheaters who play online and pressure opponents to submission with such unrealistic cheaty tactics. Most important part of that tactic is to run (with 2+players) into opponent with the ball and steal the ball from him. Well, that tactics worked and I won 2:3.
My point is that by using such tactics, fifa shows its dark side because players have too much stamina and you can run and pressure all the time. More importantly, collision and tackling system fails (usually no fouls are called when you run full speed directly into player with the ball).
Those who have played online know what I'm talking about.

hi !

Im playing with the PSG in my career and something wrong with the calendar :
sometime i have only 2 days between each match, playing sunday then tuesday .
Did this happen to somebody else ? in another league ?

Back
Top Bottom