PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I just downloaded the demo on my Xbox 1.
For the people who don't know how: Just change your regio and language to USA and do a search to pes demo

I tried only one match ( have no time left ;) ) and I find the passing good, not too laser-guided. Maybe because I played with the two South American teams, who probably do not have the perfect passing as Barcelona has.

For the people who don't know how: Just change your regio and language to USA and do a search to pes demo

I tried only one match ( have no time left ;) ) and I find the passing good, not too laser-guided. Maybe because I played with the two South American teams, who probably do not have the perfect passing as Barcelona has.

That's probably it.

That's probably it.
If teams who aren't Barcelona can't pass the ball like Barcelona... I mean, I'd be very very happy with that, personally!!

I don't get why the demo isn't out in Europe today as well. The store is updated on tuesdays now as well as the US one, although not every weekly release makes it on that day.

This will do for the 360 ( US store! )

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/...024a3087d2? downloadType=GameDemo&noSplash=1

the xbox 360 demo is exclusive to Gold members would nice whom they would anyone upload here

I don't get why the demo isn't out in Europe today as well. The store is updated on tuesdays now as well as the US one, although not every weekly release makes it on that day.
Well after all disadvantages that the Xbox 1 has ( think about the editing differences with the PS4 ) I am happy that this is better for a day ;)

I've been away from PES for many years and tried the demo today and must say after only one game I'm fairly impressed, obviously I only played on a low level as I'm finding my feet again but I enjoyed the freedom in this game. However is there any word from Konami regarding the resolution on this? I'm playing the XB1 and quite frankly it's a blurry mess. Last year I spoke with Adam Bhatti as to why the XB1 version looked so poor and he had the cheek to reply it wasn't powerful enough, I thought coming from someone in the industry that was damn right pathetic and insulting to a customer. I hope they can rectify the resolution before release as the potential is there for a good game but shoddy programmers could cost them a lot of custom on the XB1. I know graphics are not the be all and end all but this gen such basics can't be overlooked for a premium product.
How was online in 16? I played a few games at the start and quite frankly it was bad did it improve as the game went on as this and the resolution will play a big factor in my decision whether to purchase or not.

Thanks Lami bit disappointed in your negatives because I understand them.will be interesting to see how the PS4 version weighs up please let us know how it is if you trying it out as well.

I am surprised by the AI not attacking when you leave the controller I did that test on PES 2016 and noticed it wast a problem anymore.

I am not sure I will get to play today or tomorrow but will download as soon as the euro demo hits.

However is there any word from Konami regarding the resolution on this? I'm playing the XB1 and quite frankly it's a blurry mess.

The resolution is unlikely to change in my opinion. It didn't change for 16 either.

Add to that the lack of option files, and pes is superior on the ps4 unfortunately.

It's not as though pes is a demanding game, so it surprises me that the xbox one is supposedly not able to render at 1920x1080, I'd say it's down to Konami more than a hardware limitation.

Last edited:

Boca are pretty accurate with their one touch passes though.

Thanks Lami bit disappointed in your negatives because I understand them.will be interesting to see how the PS4 version weighs up please let us know how it is if you trying it out as well.

I am surprised by the AI not attacking when you leave the controller I did that test on PES 2016 and noticed it wast a problem anymore.

I am not sure I will get to play today or tomorrow but will download as soon as the euro demo hits.

Well here's a positive too, the CPU AI have had more shots outside the box in 4 games than they've had in all of PES 2016 :LOL:

It's a good game. It feels closer to football than anything PES 2016 was. I hated 2016.

It's not excellent, but it's good. You'd love it :)

Well here's a positive too, the CPU AI have had more shots outside the box in 4 games than they've had in all of PES 2016 :LOL:

It's a good game. It feels closer to football than anything PES 2016 was. I hated 2016.

What's not excellent about it? You're making it sound brilliant otherwise! Is it just the CPU pass accuracy that's spoiling it for you? Is it the same on Superstar as it is on Top Player or even Professional?

I asked a few posts up, but could you please give a verdict on the adaptive a.i?

That's the most important thing for me as it could potentially make master league brilliant.

A.I for me is the reason I don't enjoy fifa or pes as much as I should, if you think about it, the main complaints come down to a.i, e.g the same types of shots, no fouls, perfect passing, no change in game play etc

Have you tried pushing it, e.g literally attacking down the wings non stop, or using one player often to see if the a.i make visible changes.

Last edited:

Lami is it easy to spam lob through balls to the strikers or to the wings?

And just one more thing that really annoys me in 2016, is the weak foot accuracy equal, or can you have bad shoots with the left foot of lets say Busquets (even if he is bad at shooting with the right foot either lol)?

What's not excellent about it? You're making it sound brilliant otherwise! Is it just the CPU pass accuracy that's spoiling it for you? Is it the same on Superstar as it is on Top Player or even Professional?

This is a typical Evo-Web post, just interested in what's NOT good about the game :SMUG:

I didn't cry for the birth of my son but I am crying now :SIL:

The niggles I have with it so far like dated animations, gaps in midfield (probably because I can't change the tactics atm), rebound goals, level 1 passing not as free, lack of fouls, etc.

There are positives though like air duels, more animations that add to gameplay, CPU defensive AI, set pieces, ball physics (not perfect but better), hard low shots with just the shoot button, balanced.

Will keep playing to unfold more good and bad ;)

I've only played on professional so far and they were good games.

I asked a few posts up, but could you please give a verdict on the adaptive a.i?

That's the most important thing for me as it could potentially make master league brilliant.

A.I for me is the reason I don't enjoy fifa or pes as much as I should, if you think about it, the main complaints come down to a.i, e.g the same types of shots, no fouls etc

Have you tried pushing it, e.g literally attacking down the wings non stop, or using one player often ert

I honestly didn't pay attention and will do that now.

Will play my first Superstar game now.

Lami is it easy to spam lob through balls to the strikers or to the wings?

And just one more thing that really annoys me in 2016, is the weak foot accuracy equal, or can you have bad shoots with the left foot of lets say Busquets (even if he is bad at shooting with the right foot either lol)?

Will try these too now :)

Last edited:
The resolution is unlikely to change in my opinion. It didn't change for 16 either.

Add to that the lack of option files, and pes is superior on the ps4 unfortunately.

It's not as though pes is a demanding game, so it surprises me that the xbox one is supposedly not able to render at 1920x1080, I'd say it's down to Konami more than a hardware limitation.

It's 100% down to Konami. FIFA easily renders at 1080p on both consoles as do much better looking sports games. Football games are not demanding at all and the XB1 is easily capable with semi decent programmers.

The niggles I have with it so far like dated animations, gaps in midfield (probably because I can't change the tactics atm), rebound goals, level 1 passing not as free, lack of fouls, etc.

There are positives though like air duels, more animations that add to gameplay, CPU defensive AI, set pieces, ball physics (not perfect but better), hard low shots with just the shoot button, balanced.

Will keep playing to unfold more good and bad ;)

I've only played on professional so far and they were good games.

I honestly didn't pay attention and will do that now.

Will play my first Superstar game now.

Will try these too now :)

You should try upping the difficulty as at professional CPU in defense has always been too relaxed, not pressing enough.

Back
Top Bottom