PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

SC Corinthians player plays on full manual controls.
https://youtu.be/kMJPyfFaJl8

This video... Omg... This video

I wish every game was like this. What a FANTASTIC gameplay! I think so far nothing reminded PES of the good old days like this video.

Lots of free kicks for normal tackles, pace is jusg spot on!!! Ball rolls nicely on the pitch with good speed variance, ball loses speed.

Midfield defensively is so well composed for both teams, much action and UNPREDICTABILITY in the final third, missed shots.

One thing that I was complaining the other day and that this video shows: AI ANTICIPATING to opponents pass, forcing the recieving player to control the ball with his back to opponents goal. See the image below:

image.png

I'm crying, I'm literally crying...

I wish every game as like this. What a FANTASTIC gameplay! I think so far nthing reminded PES of th good old days like this video.

Lots of free kicks for normal tackles, pace is jusg spot on!!! Ball rolls nicely on the pitch with good speed variance, ball loses speed.

Midfield defensively is so well composed for both teams, much action and UNPREDICTABILITY in the final third, missed shots.

One thing that I was comlaning the other day and that this video show: AI ANTICIPATING to opponents pass, forcing the recieving player to control the with his back to opponents goal. See the image below:

image.png

I'm crying, I'm literally crying...

Good eye, man. Yes, those are fantastic positions and KONAMI starting to produce a representation of understanding the football fundamentals.

Good eye, man. Yes, those are fantastic positions and KONAMI starting to produce a representation of understanding the football fundamentals.

I also loved Corinthians having three conrners in the row.

And also I loved that last Barça last chance in wich the ball slowly hits the post.

My hyped is bigger after this video. Im very confident we can have some awesome, remarkable matchs in PES 2017.

I just want vs. CPU match to be that good.

I think this issue has to be addressed by konami, but it's the only major issue that I found and it should be fixable in a couple of days or with a patch. The other issue that I had, were own goals, that seemed like they tried to hard to live up to the "in pes everything is unpredictable"-mantra, as the ball was super fast after a couple of deflections and the CPU controlled defenders on my team just didn't react well to the situation.

Everything else seemed fine and all the players I played with agreed that the game is looking very promising. I think pes will be good this year, if they keep the slow gameplay and give the advantage to thinking players instead of to the ones with the fastest players .. From what I saw, I would say that the actual technical-attributes mattered and the real life strengths/styles of players were quite well translated into a video game.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Really glad to hear that. To be honest I don't have problems with PES 16, it's pretty entertaining. There are few issues that I hope will be fixed in PES 17. Like I said: refeeres. I want them to be fair, if I make a faul, stop the game, but if they're making one, also stop the game. In Master League sometimes I was furious by it and why? For example I'm playing a quarter-final or semi-final in CL and one team is killing my players and none got yellow! After match I found out I have few injured players -.- It happens often. More penalties for my team when I get fauled in the box. Also in PES 16 is really easy to score a goal, no matter what difficulty, goalkeepers can be awful and makes way too many mistakes. The rest is pretty cool. I never cared about graphics, so I just want a nice and entertaining game to play. I think we will get one because so far videos, trailers looks very promising.

Probably the best video I've seen of the game thus far. The Gamescom build looks to be improved, and finally someone is playing the game in a way that does it justice. On manual. See how much better it is when you can't just zip the ball around and you have to, oh I don't know, think about where you need to pass the ball instead of just spamming A?

Probably the best video I've seen of the game thus far. The Gamescom build looks to be improved, and finally someone is playing the game in a way that does it justice. On manual. See how much better it is when you can't just zip the ball around and you have to, oh I don't know, think about where you need to pass the ball instead of just spamming A?
Couldn't have said it better.

That video, frankly, looks 10x better than FIFA, and I quite like FIFA.

But against the AI, with their full-auto passing, it won't be much fun, and online, it'll be difficult to find a game I imagine.

I wish both games would get rid of full-auto. Such a shame.

I agree.
I played with Semi-Auto vs a guy on full-manual (asked him and he said, that he doesn`t care) .. I won one game and he won the other. Spamming A isn`t to helpful on semi-auto as passing is mostly dependent on finding openings and just spamming A won`t bring you in semi-auto-passing-mode in front of the goal vs a competent opponent.

Passing on Semi-Auto isn`t super easy and I think that player stats as well as the positioning on the pitch are very important in regard to the passing. You can`t just move in one direction and play a deadly ball in the exact opposite direction of the player movement. Blocking these passes is also kind of common, when you play vs a competent opponent, as the player needs some time to perform a difficult pass in a weird angle.

Full Manual seems like a good option, but I think that the most important mode for the Game is "Semi-Auto" as Full Manual is too hard for most casual gamers (obviously).

I agree.

I played with Semi-Auto vs a guy on full-manual (asked him and he said, that he doesn`t care) .. I won one game and he won the other. Spamming A isn`t to helpful on semi-auto as passing is mostly dependent on finding openings and just spamming A won`t bring you in semi-auto-passing-mode in front of the goal vs a competent opponent.

Passing on Semi-Auto isn`t super easy and I think that player stats as well as the positioning on the pitch are very important in regard to the passing. You can`t just move in one direction and play a deadly ball in the exact opposite direction of the player movement. Blocking these passes is also kind of common, when you play vs a competent opponent, as the player needs some time to perform a difficult pass in a weird angle.

Full Manual seems like a good option, but I think that the most important mode for the Game is "Semi-Auto" as Full Manual is too hard for most casual gamers (obviously).

What do you mean semi-auto settings?

Yes the latest video was spot on. That's why it's very important assisted (passing-shooting) should have much more variation. More misses depending on stats, body balance, foot etc.

Need to play the demo asap now.

But against the AI, with their full-auto passing, it won't be much fun, and online, it'll be difficult to find a game I imagine.

I love to play unassisted Chris..wait till the game hits and are give you some games online..have a xboxone and ps4..

Your a like minded kind of player.

Aye, therein lies the problem. I play on manual in FIFA, and PES, but online tends to be a bit of a shit show. I play 2v2 and we win more often than not, but sometimes people play in a very "anti-football" way. In terms of offline I can put up with their supreme efficiency (assuming it's not too game breaking) as long as the CPU is interesting to play against. I hope that's the case!

Thats one of the big PES mysteries no one really knows.

They do..I play unassisted and yes the better rated players produce a better quality ball,and you feel the difference in touch..

Personally I think pes is a better game in manual,but I dig why many like one bar assistance.

That PES-Serbia video reminds me of playing PES 2016 vs the CPU on manual, except hopefully with the possibility of more fouls. Only thing I want to see is a wider variety of shot types/misses/scuffs than last year. That is an area FIFA has dominated PES in for years. Might have to wait til next year for "True Shot," or what term they're going to use to upgrade that.

That PES-Serbia video reminds me of playing PES 2016 vs the CPU on manual, except hopefully with the possibility of more fouls. Only thing I want to see is a wider variety of shot types/misses/scuffs than last year. That is an area FIFA has dominated PES in for years. Might have to wait til next year for "True Shot," or what term they're going to use to upgrade that.

Excellent!
Please. Let it be called "true shot"!! :D

[...]

Lots of free kicks for normal tackles

This video is multiplayer and there are always fouls in multiplayer, because multiplayers play that way. The problem is that there are none committed by the AI in single-player. A token one or two per match, if you're lucky.

"Well, play multiplayer then?"

No, thank you. It's a game of football I'm interested in, not Slide Tackling Sprint-em-up 2017.

This video is multiplayer and there are always fouls in multiplayer, because multiplayers play that way. The problem is that there are none committed by the AI in single-player. A token one or two per match, if you're lucky.

"Well, play multiplayer then?"

No, thank you. It's a game of football I'm interested in, not Slide Tackling Sprint-em-up 2017.

Your are right.

AI still doesnt concede enough fouls.

Another new video I found
https://youtu.be/nviSu9m1E2k

Your are right.

AI still doesnt concede enough fouls.

Another new video I found
https://youtu.be/nviSu9m1E2k

Zero AI fouls in that one. This much is now certain: refs are not 'fixed' in PES2017 at all.

I'm fascinated as to what the summertime playtesters who told us the opposite have to say about it all.

Obviously we know exactly what happened: the playtesters all just played each other in multiplayer, where of course there are fouls galore.

But I just wonder if any of them are even a little bit remorseful that by coming back and trumpeting 'refs are fixed now!' they created an air of false expectancy.

Back
Top Bottom