The Retrogaming Thread! [8-bit/16-bit/32-bit/64-bit]

Are you talking about the Asterix franchise or the specific game? Well the franchise, the comic basically comes from France as you correctly said, and it is pretty popullar in a lot European countries. France (original), Greece, Germany, Belgium, Italy possibly, Spain, Portugal, Holland.

Imagine in Greece, it is the only comic i know, that it was published in 4 versions, the common Greek dialect, in ancient Greek and 2 local dialects Pontic and Cretab. That has never happened for any other comic.

Well besides the comic, i think the games are also well appreciated. I think the recent Switch Asterix Slap'em all platform is very amuzing.

Now on topic, i loved a lot the SNES Asterix & Obelix, almost Nintendo Exclusive by Infogrames (GB, GBC, SNES and PC). It was my second game for SNES and until today i believe it was very difficult platform. It had some side-scrolling and bottom-up scrolling stages, some mini games like Olympic games, rugby in the act in Britain, etc.

The mini games:

Olympic Games

Rugby match

I knew it was popular in France because it’s where it originated and I know it was quite popular in the uk because it’s where I live. I didn’t realise it was popular all over Europe though.

There’s a game series called Dizzy which used to be popular in the uk but no one in the US has heard of it. Do you know of Dizzy?

I knew it was popular in France because it’s where it originated and I know it was quite popular in the uk because it’s where I live. I didn’t realise it was popular all over Europe though.

There’s a game series called Dizzy which used to be popular in the uk but no one in the US has heard of it. Do you know of Dizzy?

Nope, it's the first time i am seeing this. Looks like it combines a lot of genres. One version reminded me Bomberman and another one the Seven-Up game from Genesis/SEGA Mega Drive :D And another one the game BEYOND DARK CASTLE for Mac. :)

Nope, it's the first time i am seeing this. Looks like it combines a lot of genres. One version reminded me Bomberman and another one the Seven-Up game from Genesis/SEGA Mega Drive :D
Some of those are spin offs. I guess the main games would be classed as puzzle platformers if I had to define the genre.
Maybe they’re just known in the UK. I looked up some info on it and it says they are designed by the Oliver twins, published by code masters and it was one of the most successful British game franchises in the 80s and 90s

Back
Top Bottom