Tennis Games - General Discussion

Bought Tennis Elbow 4 on Xbox and this will be my go to tennis game on consoles.

With gameplay being very tweak able and enjoyable and through mods being able to play Career in different eras from the 70s to nowadays it is just a very enjoyable experience. Battling it out against McEnroe, trying to see if you can win in the 90s against Becker, Sampras and Agassi, I am just enjoying it a lot especially since the Career is so deep regarding tournaments with a 1000 players Ranking.
How is the experience with Tennis Elbow on XBOX? What about modes? Can you compare it to PC experience?

I am a bit hesitant. I really like that on PC but I can't see myself playing that on the huge TV screen. Also is it cross-play available?

Thanks

New videos from TieBreak

Frances Tiafoe Vs Andy Murray Qatar Expert

Martina Hingis Vs Steffi Graff Monte Carlo Expert

Elena Rybakina Vs Madison Keys Shanghai Expert

G Dimitrov Vs Jannik Sinner Paris Bercy Expert

Masters Turin

Medvedev VS Sinner Torino 1st match Expert

Daniil Medvedev Vs Taylor fritz Master Torino 2nd round Expert

Medvedev VS Dimitrov Torino 3rd round Expert

New cession on TieBreak
Monica Seles and Lindsay Davenport were created by the community, insane! With some signatur moves!

Nick Kyrgios Vs Jannick Sinner Toronto Expert Difficulty

Alexander Zverev Vs Carlos Alcaraz Beijing Expert Difficulty

Monica Seles Vs Lindsay Davenport Madrid Expert Difficulty

Maria Sharapova Vs Steffi Graf Toronto Expert Difficulty

One hundred hours on TieBreak!

I really enjoy playing it

My last videos ;

Coco Gauff Vs Naomi Osaka Torino Expert difficulty

Casper Ruud Vs Daniil Medvedev Roma Expert difficulty

Stan Wawrinka Vs Andy Murray Monte Carlo Expert difficulty

Elena Rybakina Vs Emma Raducanu Qatar Expert difficulty

The trailer have been maid on an old version I thiank because Early Access 5 is really good.
Big Ant have made a big big step on the right direction

- Better AI
- Better animations
-Nice career mode
-Nice roster
-You can play on the net now
-More punchy rallys

So much better than a mouth ago

Start of career mode with Rune

Start of a career with Sabalenka

Create your player

The trailer have been maid on an old version I thiank because Early Access 5 is really good.
Big Ant have made a big big step on the right direction

- Better AI
- Better animations
-Nice career mode
-Nice roster
-You can play on the net now
-More punchy rallys

So much better than a mouth ago

Start of career mode with Rune

Start of a career with Sabalenka

Create your player
They probably resigned from improving the game. The August official final release doesn't make any sense considering the state of the gameplay now. Animations skipping, ice skating, AI makes random shots without considering your positioning, every single cpu plays the same.
On the other hand Top Spin cpu AI is adaptive to your style of play, it will take advantage of your wrong positioning, it tries to alter the shots based on your stats and how you play at the exact moment.
Idk how Big Ant will manage to fix all these in 2-3 months time. The physics of the ball are absolutely wrong also. Speed is spot on but the physics don't take into account the height of ball after the bounce. Top Spin gets a lot of criticism but they have nailed the physics as distance and height after the bounce matters hugely when you attempt a return.
Absolutely shocking from Big Ant after so many years they can't provide decent gameplay and they're throwing money on licences.

More videos of the Early Acces 5

Andrei Rublev Vs Cameron Norrie Roma Hard difficulty

Aryna Sabalenka Vs Naomi Osaka Torino Hard difficulty

Carlos Alcaraz Vs Holger Rune Montreal Hard difficulty

They probably resigned from improving the game. The August official final release doesn't make any sense considering the state of the gameplay now. Animations skipping, ice skating, AI makes random shots without considering your positioning, every single cpu plays the same.
On the other hand Top Spin cpu AI is adaptive to your style of play, it will take advantage of your wrong positioning, it tries to alter the shots based on your stats and how you play at the exact moment.
Idk how Big Ant will manage to fix all these in 2-3 months time. The physics of the ball are absolutely wrong also. Speed is spot on but the physics don't take into account the height of ball after the bounce. Top Spin gets a lot of criticism but they have nailed the physics as distance and height after the bounce matters hugely when you attempt a return.
Absolutely shocking from Big Ant after so many years they can't provide decent gameplay and they're throwing money on licences.
They are shocking company with patching after release, their last 2 cricket games which I have purchased, the after games support was lots of patches for a few months but the underlying issues were not addressed and then they just stop releasing further patches (other than cosmetic ones).

They are shocking company with patching after release, their last 2 cricket games which I have purchased, the after games support was lots of patches for a few months but the underlying issues were not addressed and then they just stop releasing further patches (other than cosmetic ones).
They have devs and engine limitations. All 4 tennis games they've released have the exact same issues gameplay wise.
I've playing Top Spin 2k25 since release non stop and the gameplay is getting better and better as I progress slowly in the career. I'm still only in Hard difficulty which is a shock for an expert in tennis games like me. Ofc playing without any visual helpers so I make the game a bit more difficult this way.

More videos, I have passed 110 hours on the game!
The update 5 is so damned good:APPLAUD:

Sabalenka career mode Charleston with grey clay hard difficulty

Iga Swiatek Vs Caroline Garcia Madrid Hard Difficulty

Felix Augier Aliassime Vs Ben Shelton Doha Hard Difficulty

They have devs and engine limitations. All 4 tennis games they've released have the exact same issues gameplay wise.
I've playing Top Spin 2k25 since release non stop and the gameplay is getting better and better as I progress slowly in the career. I'm still only in Hard difficulty which is a shock for an expert in tennis games like me. Ofc playing without any visual helpers so I make the game a bit more difficult this way.
I think they have changed or updated their engine. TieBreak is better than the others games.

Topspin 2K25 has a great gameplay but the game is empty : seek roster, poor career mode, no matchmarking. I played it without help too on legend with the real tennis rules with full set it's nice but we need more players and a tournament mode.

I think they have changed or updated their engine. TieBreak is better than the others games.

Topspin 2K25 has a great gameplay but the game is empty : seek roster, poor career mode, no matchmarking. I played it without help too on legend with the real tennis rules with full set it's nice but we need more players and a tournament mode.
It looks like the same engine to me, maybe it's an updated version but it still has the same issues.
I totally agree TS needs more players and a tournament mode. I've already sent them feedback. I know they'll implement some of our recommendations but unfortunately the game is selling mostly only in ages 35-60, most sales are ages 40-50. All the others are buying the game to exploit and showcase their ego online. Imo the game should have been released only with online private lobbies and private tournaments.

I have always liked tennis games. I used to play regularly on the Atari 2600 and Gameboy. At the moment, there are only two games that I think are worth playing. Personally, I only play one of them now, and I will explain why. The debate for me should be: Full Ace Tennis Simulator or Tennis Elbow 4? Personally, I prefer Tennis Elbow 4 much more because it has more intensity as a game and does not focus so much on press buttons on timing. This is what I don't like about the otherwise great FATS. I feel that I have to pay more attention to pressing the buttons at the right time rather than trying to focus on the sport and take the correct position on the court.
Also, in TE4 I feel the difference more when I switch courts, from clay to grass, etc. I also like the lighting and the depiction of the courts more in TE4. I still enjoy serving in TE4. Again, the timing of the buttons is not as important. It’s more interesting. The career mode is much better in TE4 and has more depth, as does how you improve your character.
However, the things I prefer in FATS over TE are that the former has better implemented slice and drop shots. It has more realistic animations in many cases.

Both are great realistic tennis games, but i prefer much more Tennis Elbow 4 right now.

I should mention that I play both with the necessary mods.

Back
Top Bottom