WWE Thread !!

nah in all seriousness.. i used to really love WWF

and at one point was sure it was real, obviously as a kid

but now i find it difficult to see past the scripts. some of them are really good, i am a big fan of the rock regardless, first saw him in wrestling and enjoy his films to date, maybe not the tooth fairy

but some of the people in the crowd get so hyped it is crazy, wonder if you lot are the same?

you do know this is for kids and is not real?

or are you like the majority of grown Americans in the crowd?

wish i still believed lol

It's entertainment? I don't get the rush to point out that its fake and for kids? I love MMA but I also love WWE, whilst one may be "real" the other is more entertaining by a long way. I mean Brock "the wrestler" walked into MMA and due to his popularity(or are kids watching MMA also) was steamrolled into the title matches.

brock only got steam rolled into title matches because the heavy weight division had no challenge.

brock is a really good proven wrestler outside of WWE and he also destroyed well known fighters because he is tough.. not because MMA is hyped like WWE

although some could argue he got his shot to soon

i know WWE is entertainment - each to their own - like i said just wish i could get into the hype. i always felt like i was being tricked that it was actually real and once i found out it was not i suppose that was that.

i can see why some people still enjoy it but not to the extent when grown men act like big babies over it

WUM Stu- word of the day. taking your mantel there

couldn't resist, but you were the first to jump on it lol...

Not sure why I did :LOL: I haven't watched a proper WWE show in months, just checked results.

nah in all seriousness.. i used to really love WWF

and at one point was sure it was real, obviously as a kid

but now i find it difficult to see past the scripts. some of them are really good, i am a big fan of the rock regardless, first saw him in wrestling and enjoy his films to date, maybe not the tooth fairy

but some of the people in the crowd get so hyped it is crazy, wonder if you lot are the same?

I remember having an argument in school where I was adamant WWF wasn't scripted and ALL of it was real :LOL:

I just can't get into WWE nowadays, I find it crazy that there's grown adults in the crowd going crazy during events. The best thing about WWE is the "cut-scenes" between "fights" and the stories, the wrestling itself is just too boring.

I actually took my brother to WWE Raw last November for his Christmas present. He's got learning difficulties so in some ways he's still like a kid, and he really enjoyed the event. To me, it just felt like a comedy sketch.

I've got Wrestlemania to watch but I just can't do it. The fights are ridiculously boring and, in a way, there's no point watching the actual fights. Why? Because X will batter Y, then Y will batter X ... and so on. And then something silly will happen and it'll be over. There's no tension because you know it's never a one-way fight and the other wrestler will always get a turn to put a beating on.

So you sit there for 10-15 mins or whatever, and it's all a bit pointless. Because, for all of the huff and puff during the fight, it doesn't matter who dominates.

I dunno, it seems crazy but as I say, the worst bit about WWE is actually the wrestling. I also think that a lot of the actual character has gone from WWE. The days of Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Jake The Snake etc, THEY had charisma. They had funny little things that made them stand out. Nowadays everyone just seems to be beefcakes with nothing to distinguish them from anyone else apart from shouting "YES!" every so often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I watched it religiously between 98 and 02 and I realised something after Wrestlemania. I really enjoyed Taker-HHH due to the weapons and the acting.

I only ever watched it for the storytelling and then the fact that they were twatting each other with chairs/other weapons, flying through the air, throwing themselves through tables and so on.

I was never actually a 'wrestling' fan and since they toned all the actual violence down it's noticeably dropped in entertainment value.

Its always been about the storytelling really, I mean why bother watching a predetermined outcome if your not invested in the story their telling, that's been the problem and why I and a lot of people tuned out.

Their starting to improve that somewhat though, I mean ive only been watching it again for a year but the CM Punk story in the summer was amazing and made the match at MITB feel like a big deal.

Question is tho why the hell did the Sheamus match with Bryan last 18 seconds at Wrestlemania Sheamus is a great wrestler and combined with Bryan I'm sure they could have pulled a good match off.

Let's forget Undertaker, we want is a WWE2K15 on PC next year to make some great modes and forget about PES.
When i saw Undertaker Burn the Coffin, i was sure is going to lose.

Back
Top Bottom