Winning Eleven 9 LE Video Thread

Imagine if that free kick was scored in Pes 2017 with the keeper not reacting that way.
These would have been the reactions: broken goalkeepers, trash like always, they never learn.

It's in We 9, so it's all good.

Imagine if that free kick was scored in Pes 2017 with the keeper not reacting that way.
These would have been the reactions: broken goalkeepers, trash like always, they never learn.

You don't need to imagine, if you actually play pes 2017 like us, you'll see many times that the keeper stays rooted to the ground like in that video. It's a cool animation, and I don't see anyone complaining about that animation except you're sarcastic post.

But I get what your point though, some people sometimes bash on the new games too much, while the older games actually has it flaws too.. But when a game has a solid gameplay as a base, animations like that or other basic mistakes only makes it better cause it's more realistic.

Another example is like fouls. WE9Le/PES5 has a solid foul system so when the referee does make a mistake it looks realistic. While in PES 2017 the fouls are so random it frustrates people when the get a bad call from the ref.

yeah, it's incredibly pathetic that this game 2005 has a better foul system than 2017.

2017 AI teammates will ball watch all day long not helping you out, even when you press they still defend poor, in WE9LE they help you defend to win!

goalies IRL get caught off. Iv'e seen it in BPL. But we are talking about a game made with less technology than today.
shit should get better over time not worse.

Last edited:

true.

WE9LE is almost the perfect footie game and get's the fundamental right and is also fun to play. However the only issue I personally have is that how all the defenders are so good and rarely makes mistakes regardless of their stats.

I'm guessing you guys are referring to playing against another human? Against the CPU it is too easy now after over 10 years.

If you mean it is more difficult to play against a cpu who cheats and get advantages from scripting, then yes most certainly pes 2017 is more difficult than we9le. But still you get a FAIR game on we9le, and still get beaten from time to time by a better PLAYING cpu.

You don't need to imagine, if you actually play pes 2017 like us, you'll see many times that the keeper stays rooted to the ground like in that video. It's a cool animation, and I don't see anyone complaining about that animation except you're sarcastic post.

But I get what your point though, some people sometimes bash on the new games too much, while the older games actually has it flaws too.. But when a game has a solid gameplay as a base, animations like that or other basic mistakes only makes it better cause it's more realistic.

Another example is like fouls. WE9Le/PES5 has a solid foul system so when the referee does make a mistake it looks realistic. While in PES 2017 the fouls are so random it frustrates people when the get a bad call from the ref.

There is no reason the keeper should be surprised by that ball trajectory, it's easy to see the ball coming. It's not like there is a deflection from the wall, keeper should have saved that. I see it as a clear AI flaw.

About fouls, there isn't even need to go back to we9, fouls were correctly assigned until Pes 2013, then they broke something since Pes 2014. Who knows if this year they will fix it for good.

Well, you acknowledged what i was trying to say, that is recent Pes games are bashed way too much compared to what they offer in gameplay.

If you mean it is more difficult to play against a cpu who cheats and get advantages from scripting, then yes most certainly pes 2017 is more difficult than we9le. But still you get a FAIR game on we9le, and still get beaten from time to time by a better PLAYING cpu.

No sorry i didnt mean that at all, as i didnt even mention PES2017.

I was just asking if you was referring to playing against a human or the CPU? Because for me it is too easy against the CPU and i am probably not as good as most people. I tried so many stat adjustments to make the CPU play better of defend better which gave me an extra 2 years out of it but after about 10 years of playing eventually it has become too easy. ;)

WE9LE is almost the perfect footie game and get's the fundamental right and is also fun to play. However the only issue I personally have is that how all the defenders are so good and rarely makes mistakes regardless of their stats.

The problem seems to be the fine line between fun to play and realistic football . .online kids want fun and hardcore want realism . . .it's very difficult to get the balance right. . . some people love a tactical 0-0 and some love spectacular goals and high scoring etc.... every Pes will upset half the users. . .if you look at any Pes edition once you master the mechanics of how it's played it will become stale . . there is no way that they will be able to produce a game that you will never get bored of. . .all the new stuff in the latest edition will become boring and predictable after time goes by and I guarantee you that, no matter how good it feels when it comes out.

if you look at any Pes edition once you master the mechanics of how it's played it will become stale . . there is no way that they will be able to produce a game that you will never get bored of. . .all the new stuff in the latest edition will become boring and predictable after time goes by and I guarantee you that, no matter how good it feels when it comes out.

Thats so true Deco. The only way they avoid becoming stale is if played against another human, that way the game can be challenging for longer.

yeah, i never feel cheat tech in PES 5. The good old days.

Last edited:
One day Konami will "give up", and release their source code as open source. The community will pick it up and make it the best game ever :P (one can only dream ahah)

That's the dream. I bet us as a community will be able to change the rendering engine to better the graphics and add passing bar, 360 dribbling, etc. What game engine did PES 5 use?

Come on, this is pretty short sighted. For one, there's this little thing called "context." Liveware Evolution is based on a game that was released in 2005. Almost 12 years ago. To put it into further context, we've seen two console generations since then. We're 4 years into the PS4 and Xbox One's life cycle. Obviously PES 2017, a game released in 2016, is going to be held to much higher standards than a game released on the PS2. Despite its age, it still manages to do quite a few things better than its modern counterpart.

Of course people would take umbrage if certain negative aspects of WE9:LE were present in PES 2017. It's not 2006 anymore. What's your point? To point out blind "fanboyism?" Sure, it exists, but your comparison isn't very apt.

Last edited:
I am going to be starting a video series soon with a custom team full of under 21 players no one have heard off. Should be fun hopefully!

I am having problem beating lower rated teams in WE9LE. Lower rated teams seems to close me down more and they do it more quicker than a big team. They also defend too well. They just sit back way too much but that isn't the issue. I just don't understand how all lower rated team players are just so fast when it comes to closing down wingers.

I'm guessing you guys are referring to playing against another human? Against the CPU it is too easy now after over 10 years.
Tried it this winter, and found the defensive AI really good but the offensive AI lacking. Was really enthusiastic when I started playing it, but gave up after a couple of days.

But just think of how much they could have improved the AI in this time if they'd worked on it consistently.

Tried it this winter, and found the defensive AI really good but the offensive AI lacking. Was really enthusiastic when I started playing it, but gave up after a couple of days.

But just think of how much they could have improved the AI in this time if they'd worked on it consistently.

Yeah most of my matches ends up 1-0 until I play against a big team like Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc then I win easily by 3-0/4-0 because they don't park the bus like the smaller teams. The gameplay in WE9-LE is still the best even to this day and the AI is the best around that time. Just wish they improve it a bit or just open-sourced it/gave it to another dev team.

I wonder sometimes if the cpu is really that weak offensively in we9le. I mean this is maybe the only football game, that when i concede a goal, i feel like "I" made the mistake or the cpu outplayed me fairly.

In the newest games (pes 2017,fifa 16/17, even pes 6), i feel cheated a lot of times when i concede. But is it really due to scripting all the time ? Or the fact we're less in control of the game than we9le, makes it more frustrating when conceding a goal ? That is a tough question.

Currently, i can enjoy more fifa 16 but i know i'll come back to this, as i did a lot of times in the past.

I wonder sometimes if the cpu is really that weak offensively in we9le. I mean this is maybe the only football game, that when i concede a goal, i feel like "I" made the mistake or the cpu outplayed me fairly.

In the newest games (pes 2017,fifa 16/17, even pes 6), i feel cheated a lot of times when i concede. But is it really due to scripting all the time ? Or the fact we're less in control of the game than we9le, makes it more frustrating when conceding a goal ? That is a tough question.

Currently, i can enjoy more fifa 16 but i know i'll come back to this, as i did a lot of times in the past.

WE9LE in 6 star mode, I rarely concede a goal. Like 1 goal every 5 matches. But it's hard to beat teams that plays full defensive. I just don't like the fact that every player on the CPU team knows how to godly tackle.

Back
Top Bottom