Wimbledon

After the win tonight, Federer will leap-frog Nadal and Djorkovic to be #1 again and not only tie Sampras in number of Wimbledon titles, but also weeks as the world's number 1

I'll always support Federer, but I do think it is overdue for an British player to win Wimbledon...either way, it should be a great match today with history written all over...

Yeah should be a good one!

TSO, you're right, my mistake.

I think Djokovic will regain #1 anyway.

Great display by the 2 players.
This finale and the women finale were very nice to watch.

That useless Scottish wanker! :P

But really, he did fantastically to get there and held his own, just gave away too many opportunities and Federer was...Federer. One of the greatest ever.

I really don't think it's fair letting the Williams lads play against women, very unfair indeed.

Yeah unlucky for Murray, he gave it his all but was up against the 'GOAT' nothing more he could have done.

This was the biggest moment in Portuguese Tennis history. Michelle Larcher de Brito took down #3 seed Sharapova (6-3, 6-4) in Wimbledon's 2nd round.

ng2625148.jpg

Congrats Michelle!

Fedex should've retired after the olympics (even though I hate the fact that he lost it to Murray). it's heart-breaking to watch him play and lose like that.

Last edited:
What a shitty Wimbledon this year, Nadal, Tsonga, Federer out
too many injuries...

Injuries aside, this Wimbledon tournament has been great so far. I mean, as a sports fan I love it when there are shocks and surprises. Wimbledon is delivering us some of those results. Honestly, I'm enjoying it greatly.

Fedex should've retired after the olympics (even though I hate the fact that he lost it to Murray). it's heart-breaking to watch him play and lose like that.

Guys like Federer should plan on playing forever. :) Sadly, he will have to retire some day. Realistically, while he is in the top 4, he will remain in the hunt for big titles, but once out of the top 4, it gets much harder. At this stage, he can still compete with the top guns imo but unfortunately for him (and for us :( ) his chances of winning a major one are slimmer than ever. I prefer when an athlete retires while on top. I guess RF thinks this way.

Last edited:
Grass is his only chance of a major these days and he goes out in the 2nd round, despite having the safety net of avoiding Nadal...

Murray has a cake walk to the final, with Tsonga out and Del Porto, Ferrer, Berdych and co. in Djokovic's half.

Djokovic started the tournament with the easiest draw and after a couple of days has the toughest.

Do you mean fixed ? :P

Is anyone bored of womens tennis ? It is really dull power hitting from the baselines.

At least in the mens game you still see some interesting matches in the later rounds.

Comes through it, I think he needed that. Djokovic is looking unbeatable at the minute though!

I am not a fan of Murray (because of his attitude and "hurts" when it seems he is going to los), but after this comeback he deserved the semi final.

BUT the crowd sometimes was annoying and unfair. Due to their behaviour during the match I wished Verdasco would win.

Nevertheless, I think this will be another title for Djokovic.

Isn't that apart of the whole 'hometown' support. Creates a great atmosphere IMO wether its Murray getting cheered or cheering the other guys mistakes :LOL:

I am not a fan of Murray (because of his attitude and "hurts" when it seems he is going to los), but after this comeback he deserved the semi final.

BUT the crowd sometimes was annoying and unfair. Due to their behaviour during the match I wished Verdasco would win.

Nevertheless, I think this will be another title for Djokovic.

Nothing to add to this.

Bartoli massacred Flipkens. Looked more like a first round match than a semi-final. Think and hope Lisicki will beat Radwanska.

Back
Top Bottom