UEFA Champions League 2014/2015

I don't know, I think there's no penalty for RM.

EDIT : the other one at the end should be a penalty, a clear elbow from Vidal.

Last edited:
Weak ass referees again, WTF!

What a dickhead this ref. Might as well end the match now and send Real to the final.

I'm not talking only about the penalty. There was the mix up between Kroos and his own teammate that he saw a foul for Real somehow, and then a shoulder barge to Tevez's back that he completely ignored and its follow up nearly resulted in a 2nd goal for Madrid.

I guess Uefa really want a El Classico to be the final, because what we see so far is off the charts.

I don't know how UEFA gets away with picking those twats that officiate in some Mickey Mouse leagues to be referees in such a big match.

So happy for so many of the Juve players. Buffon, Chiellini, Evra etc.

But the Old Lady is going to get absolutely spanked by Barca. If Suarez can contain his appetite of course.

Dammit don't mention that! Saint Ike was incredible. Kept Real in it. Their best player. Their heart and soul. Long may it continue.

(leave our Big Dave out of this)
Great save only versus Marchisio, the Pogba shoot are really poor and sponge hand on the Morata goal...

Great save only versus Marchisio, the Pogba shoot are really poor and sponge hand on the Morata goal...

No no no, best keeper in the world. Madrid would be mad to replace him wiht some kid from Manchester. Etc ;)

Congrats to Juve! THought they were excellent across the two legs.

Weak ass referees again, WTF!

What a dickhead this ref. Might as well end the match now and send Real to the final.

I'm not talking only about the penalty. There was the mix up between Kroos and his own teammate that he saw a foul for Real somehow, and then a shoulder barge to Tevez's back that he completely ignored and its follow up nearly resulted in a 2nd goal for Madrid.

I guess Uefa really want a El Classico to be the final, because what we see so far is off the charts.

I don't know how UEFA gets away with picking those twats that officiate in some Mickey Mouse leagues to be referees in such a big match.

Well, you could argue that at least one if not two penalties (James vs Vidal and Chicarito vs. Chielini I think) should have been given to RM. In James vs. Vidal James also got yellow card for diving even though that was a clear foul. Also, Morata diving after Marcelo missed both him and the ball and than grabbing the ball with hands was given as a foul instead of hand ball.

But I agree that in those stages there should be better referees to choose from. 10 or so years ago you couldn't really imagine anyone except Collina, Merk, Meier or Mejuto Gonzalez to get matches like this.

the only thing that I regret is that we had the chance to easily kill the game 3-0 in the first half.

I'm so bothered by RM booing fans. It's good for them to lose every once in awhile. I'm glad James spoke out! Boo for one you boo for ALL \0/!

the only thing that I regret is that we had the chance to easily kill the game 3-0 in the first half.

I agree, they had to score while Juventus was nowhere to be seen and than easily bring the game to the end. Benzema (his first chance) and Ronaldo (when he tried to pass to Isco instead of shooting) should have been scored. You can't let chances like that go by...

But I agree that in those stages there should be better referees to choose from. 10 or so years ago you couldn't really imagine anyone except Collina, Merk, Meier or Mejuto Gonzalez to get matches like this.

That Mejuto Gonzalez was a right tool though. What an inept referee that was.
Come to think of it, most Spanish refs are poor. The way Barcelona and Real Madrid players crowd referees, dive and cheat more often than other teams directly reflects the weakness of Spanish referees.

Sorry to harp on about this, but I think the behaviour of the likes of Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo, Carbajal et al is unacceptable.
Also, I didn't see a penalty in either occasion with James Rodriguez. He should have been booked since the first dive, then the 2nd may not have happened.

Anyway, good luck to Vecchia Signora! :TU:

I actually think that Spanish refs do much better when refereeing games where there is no Spanish teams in. In La Liga they are constantly being crowded by players from both teams on the pitch and there aren't many of them who can handle that well.

As for James' dives: one where penalty was awarded wasn't dive imo, he was pushed and their legs tangled. Second one wasn't really enough for penalty, but that wasn't dive either.

As for their behavior...most of the team "recovered" from Mourinho days and stopped using dirty tricks they were so used to, but whenever there is a bit more pressure on them cracks start to appear and they go nuts. That was the case through this whole season and usually that was what stopped them in efforts to get good results from tight games.

I think players like Sergio Ramos, Pepe and Marcelo never "recover" nor their behaviour is Mourinho's fault. They've always been like that. Ramos and Pepe are perennial crooks and Marcelo is a cheat through and through. Not to write too much about it, but I simply don't like the guy. Although he is a youth product of Fluminense I've never liked his attitude and his lack of ethics. Out of the 7-1 Brazil suffered, some 5 or 6 goals are on Marcelo and David Luiz.

On another note, I was really pissed off by this:

http://fat.gfycat.com/SpeedyColossalDrongo.webm

This is unacceptable, I hope Real Madrid deals with this ballboy. Or if not them, UEFA steps in.
This is the sort of stuff you see at the Copa Libertadores! :LOL:
But that tournament is a mess, where ballboys hide balls, supporters launch rockets and fireworks on the pitch, dogs invade the pitch and what have you.

It's important that UEFA weeds out these elements. And not to be prejudiced against Spanish football, but once again: these things occur more when Spanish clubs are involved. That incident in last year's final where Simeone invaded the pitch was unbelieavable. He probably thinks it's ok to act as if it's Libertadores, but it's not.

I know that they were like that before Mourinho, especially Pepe...but I have a feeling that their wrong behavior was somewhat more visible under Mourinho. Marcelo is fantastic player when he is in the game. When it is not going his way from the first whistle he plays badly and is only a matter of time when he will be booked

I was actually hoping that he would punch that kid as he deserved it. It was hilarious later when Juve scored when those kids were now rushing balls to Juve players, but they were now taking those throw-ins rather slowly.

And I agree on last paragraph, but I don't think that UEFA will do much. There is no bad publicity, and they are all over the news when something crappy happens. All those replays showing sponsors over and over and over again just increases the value of those adboards and who doesn't like that..

Yes, Mourinho was an enabler. But the attitude was already there in Ramos and Pepe. I don't think they could change really.

As for Marcelo, he is pretty good with the ball. But he totally forgets he is a defender, this is the problem. If I was a manager who had to work with him, I would use that guy as a wide midfielder. I'd never rely on him doing any defending.

If Brazil had Miranda and Felipe Luiz (or Maxwell) instead of David Luiz and Marcelo, we would still be easily beaten by Germany, but not by that scoreline.

PS: Evra kept his cool there and did the right thing. We may have wanted to punch the ballboy but it is one of the most stupid things a player can do, being wound up by a ballboy. In Brazil, Thiago Neves did it once playing for Fluminense and got sent off. In Europe I can remember Hazard doing something similar and got a red card.

9yrs ago in the relegated West Ham
CFCcK2pXIAAq9lB.jpg:large

Now in the UCL final

Yeah nice picture and trip down the memory lane.

West Ham didn't get relegated though. They survived relegation that year much to Sheff Utd's dismay thanks largely to Tevez and his goals.

Weeeeee areeee the championssss my friendddddddddd!!!!!

Congrats to all Barça fans on evo-web. ;)

Well done , it was a good final!! Barça deserve winners and Juve fought harder then expect much respect \0/

Well done , it was a good final!! Barça deserve winners and Juve fought harder then expect much respect \0/

Very underwhelmed by this final.
Barcelona won deservedly, but i have the feeling both teams performed well under their normal standard.

Very underwhelmed by this final.
Barcelona won deservedly, but i have the feeling both teams performed well under their normal standard.

Both sides had a great season , both new coaches, both won the double. The set up was too pure (2) Champions facing each other . Juve missed their anchor at the back and possibly the nerves were a tad higher. I enjoy the final as a neutral -_-
I was hoping for draw after 90 minutes to take the game longer :) Tevez was off the mark imo possibly knackered before the kick off.

I think it was a great final and the match had 2 different halves. In the first half, Barcelona could have scored some more but Buffon showed he's still one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Juve was very focused on stopping Messi, so he had to play for the team and his long passes to the left created many chances.

In the second half, Juventus midfield took center stage and by pressing and running they drew and had the upper hand for some minutes.

But this is not the same Barcelona as before, now the team has learned to have a plan B and when things go wrong they do deadly counters. And this is how we won the trophy.

When I had 18 and the team had never won any european cup, who would have told me I would witness 5 cups in the next 20 years, including 2 trebles. Truly impresseed with the team, Luis Enrique (who I thought was a horrible coach so I have to eat my words) and with Juventus, who showed class in defeat and may be around in the finals in the next seasons if they can keep the talent.

Back
Top Bottom