Tom Clancy's The Division

Does anyone have any idea how I can force my CPU to work harder in the game? Just set to the Ultra default settings and ran the benchmark:

Avg FPS: 31.6
Typical FPS: 31.9
Avg CPU: 51
Avg GPU: 91

AMD 8350 @ 4.4ghz
16GB RAM
SLI GTX 770 4GB

just tested my buddies game before buying it at my computer. im still having this annoying bug, these vibrating shadows, lights especially in the safehouse and around street lamps. tried differents set ups but without success.

anyone experiencing the same?

12 hours, level 9, 18.75% story completion, awesome game!

Really on the fence about getting this game. I've heard it gets really repetitive as you progress. Have you seen any variation in how the bots attack as you level up? e.g. group swarming and or camping. Just different tactics altogether I guess. That said, if MLB the Show 16 wasn't coming out at the end of the month I would defn pick this game up as I don't have a shooter in my PS4 library

They do mix things up a little bit but the firefights tend to be in pretty set areas so there's not that much they could do differently, sometimes they try to fight from a set position, sometimes they try to flank you etc. can't say I've gotten bored with it yet, now at level 10 and 15hrs and 33mins and definitely ready to play more :)

Really on the fence about getting this game. I've heard it gets really repetitive as you progress. Have you seen any variation in how the bots attack as you level up? e.g. group swarming and or camping. Just different tactics altogether I guess. That said, if MLB the Show 16 wasn't coming out at the end of the month I would defn pick this game up as I don't have a shooter in my PS4 library

I played a mission way above my level the other night, and there was a couple of different type of enemies, I don't wanna spoil it, but its pretty fucking awesome.

That said, now that I played a lot of the game, there is a time that everything gets a little boring, unless you are leveling up like crazy doing the main missions.
Cause those side missions are repetitive and often on a distant place on the map.

Main missions are fun, different and exciting. Side missions, not so much.

And I'm doing the district by district, doing all the missions on my level first, then moving on to the main mission, which makes progress slow and kinda of boring.

I have a friend that teamed up with higher level players and did all the main stuff first, now he is a level 30 already, everything else gonna feel super dull and boring for him now, I bet.

I wish there was more random encounters and the world felt more alive, I know its a post apocalyptic theme, but sometimes it feels like you are the last man on earth.

Last edited:
Level 13 now, decided to brave the Dark Zone, very challenging, first time I went in I got slaughtered in seconds! This time I got a few kills and exited as DZ rank 6, it's clear I still don't have decent enough weapons to compete with the AI so I'll go back later.

Interesting to see how much tougher the AI is at the higher levels, I was going up against level 15-17 AI and noticed they used bounding overwatch a lot which made it very hard to focus on one enemy to lower their many bars of armour!

Hey bud. Glad you're having fun with the game Sauce. I've been watching some streams and aside from the repetitive AI the only other negative seems to be how many shots enemies take before they go down. In one video I saw it took three sniper rifle shots to put down an enemy with no special head gear. Maybe this gets better as you level up wh you're equipped with more powerful weapons

Last edited:
In one video I saw it took three sniper rifle shots to put down an enemy with no special head gear. Maybe this gets better as you level up wh you're equipped with more powerful weapons

Yep it does, most average enemies I kill with one headshot now, some take two, the elite enemies take more but you can see how many armour points they have that need lowering before you really affect their health.

Hey bud. Glad you're having fun with the game Sauce. I've been watching some streams and aside from the repetitive AI the only other negative seems to be how many shots enemies take before they go down. In one video I saw it took three sniper rifle shots to put down an enemy with no special head gear. Maybe this gets better as you level up wh you're equipped with more powerful weapons

You have to remember this is more of a Guild Wars/Warcraft RPG than a COD/Far Cry military arcade game

Bloody hell just found an ini tweak on reddit that gave me a

19fps boost! Think it's only applicable to those on a kepler sli config:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...isabling_temporal_aa_fixes_sli_low_framerate/

To anyone having low framerate in SLI. This game uses temporal AA and this feature does not play well with Alternate Frame Rendering. It was the same thing in Rainbow Six Siege. The only way to disable this feature is by setting "temporalaa2 = 0" in the graphic setting.cfg file in your documents folder.

This will get you proper SLI scaling, couldn't get more than 45FPS at 1440P with 780 SLI before, easily getting 80+ now. Tested on 670 SLI also.

Massive, we need a way to turn it off in game.

Not sure if this is a kepler bug only, but it did the exact same thing in RB6:S.

These are my results:

yikTKit.jpg

8350 @ 4.4ghz
16gb Ram
MSI GTX 770 4gb SLI
Windows 10
364.51 drivers

1080 @ Ultra default with HBAO+ and a couple of high performance hit things lowered.

You have to remember this is more of a Guild Wars/Warcraft RPG than a COD/Far Cry military arcade game

TBH I don't agree with that, almost all the firefights you get into you have to use tactics and situational awareness etc, it's more like a mix of Arma/Far Cry/Borderlands with a little Watch Dogs thrown in.

That reminds me - I read articles that said you could alter some graphical sliders on consoles and improve performance, but I'm not seeing them?

BTW anyone else playing this on PC? If you don't have me on your Uplay please add me: Placebo_prs

That reminds me - I read articles that said you could alter some graphical sliders on consoles and improve performance, but I'm not seeing them?

Supposedly:

These settings are Chromatic Aberration and Sharpen Image, both of which can be found under the Visuals sub-menu.

Supposedly:
Ugh, is that all? I was expecting more than that!

I tried turning chromatic aberration off to improve performance but noticed no difference - I was hoping for some meatier settings to turn down the effects and get closer to 60fps.

EDIT: This article is what I was referring to. I'm guessing it wasn't true, then...

It's actually great that we're given the option you can actually disable certain lighting aspects to improve frame rates in the console versions. I don't know another game that does that. So if you want to choose frame-rate over visuals, you can if you want.

No you can't. :(

Last edited:
BTW anyone else playing this on PC? If you don't have me on your Uplay please add me: Placebo_prs

Added you mate

My id is fernadez. Be good to get a little crew going. Done a few co-op missions on hard with some randoms and was really good. Went into the DZ alone and got blasted when I was about Lv6. Haven't been back since.

Found this elsewhere:

Got this working! Using a USA VPN I went there and chose PC and then selected create Uplay account, created an account with a throwaway email address and then it showed the key for the gear sets, launched Uplay with my regular account and entered the key in "activate product", didn't really make it clear it was accepted but when I went to the rewards vendor ingame the four sets were there waiting for me!

Just looking at my stats:

52 hours played!!!

Level 25 and Dark Zone max rank 18

68.75% main story

Don't think I've ever been so wrong about a game before, even only a few days before I bought it I watched a video of the Madison Square Gardens mission and the screen was full of icons and the enemies were all glowing red through walls and I thought it looked awful but for whatever reason I still had an urge to buy it, so glad I did!

LOL so decided to sneak in 30 mins of The Division before the servers went down, I was still in the dark zone so killed some NPCs and picked up some loot, went to the extraction point and there is a countdown on screen saying when the server shuts down, I called for extraction with 30 seconds left and it finally cleared my stuff with 2 seconds left to spare!!

And I finally got to revive someone!!! Danish guy I think

Was just looking through my achievement auto-screenshots and thought my last one was a really cool shot:

Last edited:
I seriously can't be the only one playing this???!!!! :(

Started playing 14 days ago so averaged a smidge under 5 hours per day, that's crazy to think I thought the game looked rubbish at times from videos! I've done all side missions and encounters on the left side but have quite a lot of side missions/encounters left to do on the right, haven't really bothered getting all the echoes/phonecalls/drones etc. etc. might do them but probably not.

I seriously can't be the only one playing this???!!!! :(

Started playing 14 days ago so averaged a smidge under 5 hours per day, that's crazy to think I thought the game looked rubbish at times from videos! I've done all side missions and encounters on the left side but have quite a lot of side missions/encounters left to do on the right, haven't really bothered getting all the echoes/phonecalls/drones etc. etc. might do them but probably not.

I bought the game a couple of weeks ago but not really got into as yet.
I will start playing it at some point, but the people I normally play games with have not purchased the game as yet, so my motovation isn't very high to play this on my own.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom