Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Who in their right mind pre-orders Ubisoft games anymore? You're just asking to be ripped off. Eta is autumn 2017, plenty of time for downgrades in that time.

E3 gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqoX0WSE-SE

Based on the E3 demo:

Negatives:

Huge downgrade on previous videos
Horrifically lame and cheesy voice overs (yes I know that won't be in the final game but it was so terrible I have to mention it!)
Poor AI (hopefully due to them playing on E3 mode i.e. easy)
Arcadey gameplay (hopefully due to them playing on cheese mode)
Typical excess of Ubi icons (hopefully can be disabled)
Forced to do all missions with three others either AI/human

Positives:

Big world (hopefully fairly open)
Decent game mechanics
Freedom to complete missions how you like
Looks like a lot of fun

Oh I have up to 3 invites to give out for the PC? You have to add me to Uplay: Placebo_PRS if you want an invite.

Is this from the beta sign up?

I did that a while ago I guess they didn't send me one lol

I played it for about 30 minutes, felt very consoley..

Graphics were good though, but the game just felt like a Farcry clone to me.

The PC beta is starting on the 23rd. If anyone gets a code save me one please and ill do the same if I get one :)

I quite like it. I Found myself doing my usual trick of exploring the map and doing side missions rather than the story. I think I enjoy the exploring and unlocking more than playing the actual objectives these days lol

The graphics on the PC weren't as good I thought they would be, they're not bad don't get me wrong but they are not as good as Far Cry, GTA, Mafia ect

Meh, looks rubbish in my opinion. Best Ghost Recon was the first one on the Xbox. That's the type of game Ubisoft should be making with the Ghost Recon IP. Not "Far Cry 5."

Couldn't maintain constant 60 fps at medium settings. The tears and judders made it a bad experience.

Oh well, what do you know? Its ubisoft. Had to lock it to 30 fps to play without stutters like every other Ubi game.

I didn't monitor FPS but I ran everything at Ultra or Very High (whichever was the max setting for each option) except shadows @1080p and it was smooth with no slowdown/stutter.

Last edited:
When I ran the game, did not play the Open Beta, but it was super smooth on my machine and everything was pretty much on Ultra with no slowdowns.

Back
Top Bottom