The Walking Dead

I think it will deserve it's own thread eventually, so I think we should let it run and see if it picks up! :D

I watched the pilot and thought it was awesome. Loved the final 10 minutes of the first episode - really felt scared for the main character. The makeup and sound effects are pretty awesome too.

I think it will deserve it's own thread eventually, so I think we should let it run and see if it picks up! :D

I watched the pilot and thought it was awesome. Loved the final 10 minutes of the first episode - really felt scared for the main character. The makeup and sound effects are pretty awesome too.

+1

Me also liked it very, very much.

Meh! I dunno, was very tired when watching it, so kept nodding off and watching it through one eye, but thought it was very flat. No atmosphere and did not care about any of the characters.

The main dude didn't seem that surprised or concerned what was going on. If that was me, I'd be checking all around myself all the time, certainly not having a little sit down unguarded.

The two people he met up with were annoying too and couldn't act.

The last few minutes were good, but I was counting down the seconds for it to finish.

Here in Argentina the second chapter was on yesterday. I really like it, mostly because I enjoy that kind of series.

If it continues on this path, I strongly believe it will be something great to watch

Nope, six.

The fourth episode is written by executive producer Robert Kirkman, the creator and writer of the comic book, and is directed by Johan Renck. The fifth episode is written by Glen Mazzara and directed by Ernest Dickerson. The sixth episode is written by consulting producer Adam Fierro and directed by Guy Ferland.

Hope they don't rip the arse out of it with too many episodes.

I must've read wrong, but thought it was only around 10 episodes and that was it.

FD

6 episodes for this season, 10 for next season I think.

My boss has read the comics and reckons that, on episode 4, they haven't even scratched the surface of the story that the comics have told and we might not even get up to comic 10 at the end of this first season. Considering there's 78 comics already, that leaves a LOT of story left to tell.

79 :). 6 comics form a chapter, a whole story.
I really hope the show continues to offer something different with small and insignificant details from the comics, like today.

8/10

The November issue is out?

I'm tempted to read the comics already, I'll hang on until this season finishes though :)

I liked the 4th episode, something "different" from it what was shown before.

Great to know that there is a lot story left to be told

INCREDIBLE finale, really well done. Surely up there with the best ends to a season on any TV show and gave me the same feelings as Lost did at it's best.

Gutted we have to wait until October 2011 for season two.

V+ is shit at times.

I sat down the other night to watch some of these episodes and found that episode 2 and 3 only partially recorded. There was nothing else on at the same time recording and the box never went dead or powered down. They just both only recorded about 14 minutes worth for the fun of it.

Overall, I think the season is not well balanced. They tried too much to follow the beginning of the comic when they should have focused on a whole new arch instead, right from the start, to give the show its own identity.
I know, it's not easy with only 6 episodes, but it doesn't feel right. This is only an introduction !
I really hope they focus on that next season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom