The TV Thread

Na, i'm not arsed about this 3D malarky tbh

Add to the fact i can't see 3D :LMAO:

It cost about £1250 in the end

Just put some money to the side every week and you will build up a nice amount for some new gadgets :)

Or sell drugs....you druggy seller ;))

I don't wanna talk about football at the minute, especially to a Forest fan ;)

People on AVF rate that TV highly so hopefully its as good as they say, ill find out on Tuesday :)

How is it with FIFA or Pro Coops looking for a new TV and looking at upping my 42"er...

I aint got it till Tuesday mate but my friend has a 50" that looks brilliant with the 360

People say the one i have bought has a stunning picture so ill let you know when it comes and have gave it a test :)

It's your own fault Coopz how can you have a TV like this with no job?

Oh and stop avoiding me on LIVE.

You druggy.

I won the Euro Millions

Your gooming put me off going on Live full stop

I have the 50" version of that TV, Coopz. It's awesome :)).

That's good to hear, i was thinking of getting the 50" one as its nearly half the price as mine but just had to go for the biggest :LOL:

Last edited:
The TV is fucking awesome

All i need now is a Player that plays MKV's and DTS/5.1 sound as the 360 struggles with AAC and the TV plays MVKs without any hassle doesn't support DTS at all

Looks like i need a popcorn hour or get one of them cyclones for cheap

very nice tv...

get yourself a htpc built cost you about £300 but it is so flexible in terms of what you can play through it and also build up a great library of movies which will also look shit hot on a 60" tv...

very nice tv...

get yourself a htpc built cost you about £300 but it is so flexible in terms of what you can play through it and also build up a great library of movies which will also look shit hot on a 60" tv...

you could get a PS3, that streams very nicely

Ended up sorting it out in the end so the 360 should be OK :)

The 360 just didn't like AAC so converting to AC3 got me the sound i was after

Sounds great Coopz.. The LG 50PK990 may be my choice, better screen and WiFi, 60" is a tad big given I'm only 8 feet away...:P

Yeah the 220, 590 and 990 are all meant to be brilliant

You wont regret it, ill take some pic's to show you the quality of it

I tried taking photos and once again they came out shit, guess i need a new camera or learn how to take shots of TVS :LOL:

If anyone is planning to buy a new LG TV they can play any videos files flawlessly from a network cable from your PC or on a USB stick.

Don't need to use the 360 now to stream films as the TV works a hell of alot better :)

It does indeed and you can fast forward and rewind from the TV remote

It supports srt subs and more as well so you just stick them on the usb with the film :)

It does indeed and you can fast forward and rewind from the TV remote

It supports srt subs and more as well so you just stick them on the usb with the film :)

very nice indeed. it is about time TV's supported this format.

so you can literally have All your movies playing through your home lan without the need of any external devices.

What is the file menu like for playing these movies, is it just a standard text file menu or is it a little nicer looking, thumbnails and covers?

thats what we should be seeing in TV's too...

what other file formats does it support Coopz, cba googling.

next TV i buy is going to be a 60" Plasma. won't be for about a year though..

So does an ethernet cable plug straight into your TV, Coopz?

Yeah and you can get youtube, facebook, twitter, iplayer and a few more through the TV as well if you do hook it up to the internet, the model up from mine has wireless and bluetooth as well i think

very nice indeed. it is about time TV's supported this format.

so you can literally have All your movies playing through your home lan without the need of any external devices.

What is the file menu like for playing these movies, is it just a standard text file menu or is it a little nicer looking, thumbnails and covers?

thats what we should be seeing in TV's too...

what other file formats does it support Coopz, cba googling.

next TV i buy is going to be a 60" Plasma. won't be for about a year though..

The file menu is just basic. It just shows folders and the thumbnails of the files just like a pc really so nothing fancy

heres the specs

Movie(*.mpg/*.mpeg/*.dat/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*.vob/*.mp4/*.mov/*.mkv/*.dvix/*.avi/*.asf/*.wmv/*.avi(motion-jpeg)/*.mp4(motionjpeg)/*.
mkv(motion-jpeg))supporting file
Video format : DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.x, DivX6, Xvid1.00, Xvid1.01, Xvid1.02, Xvid1.03, Xvid1.10 beta-1/beta-2,
Mpeg-1, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, H.264/AVC, VC1, JPEG, Sorenson H.263

Audio format : Dolby Digital, AAC, Mpeg, MP3, LPCM, HE-AAC, ADPCM, WMA
Bit rate : within 32 kbps to 320 kbps(MP3)

External Subtitle format : *.smi/*.srt/*.sub(MicroDVD,Subviewer1.0/2.0)/*.ass/*.ssa/*.txt(TMPlayer)/*.psb(PowerDivX)
Internal Subtitle format : only, XSUB (It is the subtitle format used in DivX6 files)

60" is definitely the way to go its just a perfect size not to big and not to small, you would be surprised at how much bigger it looks that a 50" one tbh, i was :)

Here's the file menu and the navigation bar

I was pretty surprised that MVKs fast forwarded and rewound properly tbh because streaming thought the 360 didn't at all and it was a pain in the arse when it skips 7 minutes each time with the triggers

So its a blessing for me, i was gonna buy a popcorn hour or something as well so it saved me some cash :)

Attachments

• IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 26
Guys, I need some help.

Basically, I live in an apartment that has a digital TV cable. My TV has Freeview HD and I want to know how I can get the HD channels. The Freeview site says my area should have it, but I'm not sure if I'm meant to add some TV frequency or something.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Maybe you just need to rescan or something :DD I am so much help I know. But it doesn't seem to say how on websites. Just that you get the box or tv and it should work?

To get Freeview on my tele when we didn't have Sky I put the aerial cable in and then just did a scan and it found all the channels.

Back
Top Bottom